“A last resort...literally” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Webster City
Marysville, Washington
“A last resort...literally”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were trying to find a place to stay in Fort Dodge, but all of the hotels were full due to a baseball tournament. So, we ventured out to Webster City.

The front desk person was the best part of the stay. She was very polite and respectful.
The room was in dire need of a remodel.
- The room needed a new coat of paint and the bathroom fixtures were rusted.
- The room was not the cleanest, but not the dirtiest I've seen.
- There was no blanket on the bed - just a sheet and bedspread.
- I tried to find some Kleenex tissues, but there were none in the room. I went to get a box of Kleenex from the front desk I was told there weren't any available in the whole hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel. Would I stay here again? Probably not. I'd drive another 50 miles to find another place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

In reading the reviews for this Motel we very leery on staying there. But we thought we would take
a chance. We are so glad we did. It's owned by a young family trying to make it work in this economy. We received outstanding guest service though out our stay. Yes, we had a room key,
It felt like home. The room was big and very clean. We were pleasantly surprised with a refrigerator with freezer (love frozen Pepsi) and a Microwave. Nice size TV that swivels.
Please support them as they are trying to be successful in a small town.
Will stay there again. Cute little town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels, and had good experiences. The manager of the Executive Inn In Webster City was Drunk at 9:30 in the mourning, not to mention very rude. Their so called breakfast was cereal with no milk. While attempting to eat the so-called continental breakfast, the managers were fighting yelling profanities at each other. I also watched as several people checked in and were given different room rates, obviously derived from their appearance..I was charged $68.00 which I paid cash for my room, and a gentleman checked into a room right next to mine (identical room) was only charged $38.00 with a check. When I asked the manager, Which I caught his name Damien, about the room rate, He told me I was charged more because the room had a new toilet? Okay!
The only thing that was in good shape was the care of the room. I think the managers should have housekeeping do their jobs, as they cannot handle the management position.

Room Tip: Go to America Inn, or Super 8
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Honestly, I think the people who have recently given this motel high ratings are from small towns where the options for places to stay is slim. We normally stay at the Super 8 when we visit relatives in Webster City, but we decided to try this place for a change. Big mistake! This place is a dump. The interior has not been updated since the 1970s, the mattresses feel like they are probably that old, too. I am only 5'2 and I was taller than the showerhead! Who knows how people who are taller than 5'6 take a shower there. And the water never got any warmer than lukewarm, Not to mention on our second day, the maid stopped by at 8:30 a.m., to see if we needed anything, and then never came back to clean our room. Who stops by to try to clean a room at 8:30 a.m.? Someone who wants to get out of doing work, that's who! Our first clue that this place is a dump should've been when we checked in and found that the clerk was in sweats and the hotel still uses real keys instead of key cards. Oh, and the breakfast that someone else on here raved about? A couple boxes of cereal and a waffle maker, but the batter was nowhere in sight. When I asked the clerk where the batter was he said, "I'll check.", and never came back. And the only thing to drink for breakfast was coffee. What about young kids or other people who like juice in the morning? To sum up my review, we will never be staying in this hole again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head Island, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

It has been three years since we visited this hotel in Webster City and were not sure what we would find. We were extremely pleased. The young couple who own the hotel had just taken it over three years earlier and it was obvious that in three years they had accomplished a tremendous amount. The place was immaculately clean. Our daughter, who worked her way through college as a housekeeper, was very impressed. Here statement was, "Dad, you could eat off the bathroom floor it is so clean." And there was no dust anywhere. The beds were very comfortable, the staff exceptionally nice and breakfast was more than adequate. (The waffles were awesome!) If you are looking for a five star hotel, go to another city. If you are looking for a good, clean, safe place at a VERY good price, this is the place to stay. They even have a small game room!

Room Tip: They do not have a swimming pool, so keep this in mind. Internet access worked best in lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bellevue, ne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We reserved a room at this motel, as my grandaugher was playing in the State Tournaments that weekend. I hadn't seen my grandaugher in a few years and was very excited. We live in Nebraska and left that morning for Webster City, to drop off our belongings and head to Fort Dodge. We only got across the bridge and my car started acting up and quit right in the middle of the interstate. We are at retirement age, and I called AAA, they came and picked us up and towed our car in to see what the problem was. It was approximately 2:30 in the afternoon and the car was still not done, and realized we just were not going to be able to make the trip. While still waiting at the garage, I called the motel, and explained the situation, and the manager (female), said she would not refund our money. I couln't believe it, she had just made my day and told her that I not only don't get to watch my grandaugher play ball, had to pay $880.00 to get my car fixed, and couldn't even get the money I paid for the motel room. I told her she needed to be ashamed of herself. This person can't be happy, to treat people in that manner. The assistant manager was awesome, but she insisted he is not the manager, she is and she makes the decisions, not him and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Room Tip: Will never deal with these people ever again. NEVER!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rural Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This gem of a motel needs much more press. Room was spacious, comfortable, clean. Managers were friendly yet professional, and so helpful to us. Night clerk also was most accommodating. All the amenities, hot breakfast, and located exactly where we needed to be.

Room Tip: Best value in town.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Executive Inn Motel? Share your experiences!