“I'll stay here again and again” 5 of 5 stars

Stoney Creek Inn Waukon
407 Rossville Road, Waukon, IA 52172   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waukon
Bonita, California
“I'll stay here again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is one of my favorites. My family and I have stayed here many times and will go back on our next trip to Waukon. SCI is always welcoming. Staff is great. Rooms and lobby are kept very clean. Rooms are cozy, homey, and well done. Splurge on one of their suites for a nice experience and a little extra space. This property is close to the center of town and both close highways. Waukon is a very walkable town and food and services are easy to get to from SCI.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If we had to stay away from home, it was as close as we could get from our own digs. Staff is helpful and cheery and made our stay feel as though we were part of the family. Definitely *not* institutionalized as so many hotels are these days. We enjoyed the sofa in our suite and made use of the refrigerator and microwave to make our 'movie night' special.

Room Tip: for an upscale experience, try the whirlpool/fireplace rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Le Mars, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The rooms are clean and very reasonably priced. That is kind of nice these days. I felt safe and the rooms are clean. I really like the atmosphere as it has a woodsy, outdoors feel to the place. The hotel is in a good place as it was easy to get to. We liked our stay.

Room Tip: I don't have a preference as to room placement I guess.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Inn Waukon, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Diane, We are so very pleased you discovered us and that you we’re pleased by our hotel and staff. We thank you and hope you will seek us out again soon.
dbq
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice and quiet and tastefully decorated the hotel was. It was very clean; the beds were comfortable; the bathroom was very tidy we had a whirlpool suite the shower in the bathroom was very dark could use a light closer to it The staff was very friendly and helpful they recommended the Old Rossville Store for dinner It was That wads great food We definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I recently stayed here passing through for work. The front desk clerk, was very friendly and helpful. The computers were down, she made small talk so the wait wasn't awkward. I learned she had two daughters the same age as mine. It was nice that our conversation didn't seems like a bother to her at all. My stay was comfortable. Breakfast was decent but missing a hot protein. The decor was nice, like every other Stoney Creek I've stayed in very hunter friendly (always a plus with me). The beds were comfortable, although I stay in La Crosse, WI often so I was expecting them to have the same mattresses. Unfortunately they do not. That would be the only change I would make.

I've made reservations to bring my family up this summer to enjoy some of the lovely hiking trails they have near by.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Delavan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were surprised by how nice, quaint, and tastefully decorated the hotel was. It was very clean; the beds were comfortable; the bathroom was very tidy (shower curtain rocked). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even the teddy bear! We definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Moweaqua, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Being from rural Iowa I was not surprised at the gracious hospitality that I was shown when I recently stayed here on a business trip. The room was nice and very clean. The decor was rustic and blended with the theme of the hotel very well. The bed was comfortable with multiple pillow choices. Being located in town you would think the busy sounds would bother you. Completely the opposite. It was quiet on the first floor. The breakfast selection was fresh and the coffee was really good. The price for the night made it even better. I will definitely recommend anyone to stay there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Stoney Creek Inn Waukon? Share your experiences!