“The next best thing to home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2011 LaPorte Road, Waterloo, IA 50702 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Waterloo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Iowa City, Iowa
“The next best thing to home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Life is Good at Comfort Inn & Suites

PostedJuly 13, 2014

Upon arrival at the motel, the initial appearance of the property looked neat and inviting! The manager, Jim, was there, on duty when we arrived. We had been booked on the second floor, and asked to be moved to first, as we have a little dog that gets us up a few times during the night. Amy, the desk clerk, immediately proceeded to find us a first floor room. We left for dinner, and when we came back, there was a jar of salsa in our room! (My husband joked that only the "good" hotels have salsa on their breakfast menu) Their breakfast, was indeed, great. Everything was kept full, fresh and tidy. The pool was beautiful and clean, even though we didn't get time to use it! The rooms were neat and clean and tastefully decorated. The staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel soooooo welcome! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We always like the first floor, as we have a pet and this gives us easier access to let him out!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility had been recently renovated---new flooring, paint, etc. and the beds were great. They accommodated our request to see the room prior to completing check-in, and were happy to provide suggestions about potential places to eat, including details. The breakfast bar offered a wide variety including bagels, breads, cereals, and several proteins--link sausage, egg patties, yogurt, boiled eggs. Juice and milk were also available. Upon check-out, the staff (including the manager) inquired about the status of the room, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Me and my wife had a block of about 25 rooms there for our wedding. We could not have been happier with our choice to go with them. Ann at the front desk is the best to work with! She is very helpful and always has a smile on! All of our guests were very pleased as well. Several comments about how beautiful the rooms were and how nice the staff was. If you want a very nice place to stay at for a very affordable price, I would highly recommend Comfort Inn and Suites!

• Stayed May 2014
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were moving my daughter back home from Mississippi to Minnesota. The transmission on our 2003 GMC Yukon went out as we approached Waterloo. I saw a Comfort Inn (my favorite!), and pulled in for the night. I sent my family home and said I'd catch up in the morning. I went to the front desk and was met by Amy. I asked her if she had a single available, and at first she said no (they had multiple conventions in town!). She checked further, then found a "no-show" room. She called her manager (woke them up!), who said "sell it to them!". I got a room!! Amy also was SUPER helpful in finding a transmission repair shop for the next day. Needless to say, I was VERY impressed with Amy AND Comfort Inn! P.S. Love the waffles! :-)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I had to attend a motorcycle safety training class in Waterloo in May of 2014. This hotel provided a very competitive nightly rate as well as very good accommodations. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was the most friendly I have ever encountered in my travels. I met the Manager, Jim, today and told him what a great staff that he has working for him. They greeted me every day by first name and made every aspect of my stay extremely pleasant. My sincere thanks to Ann, Andrea and Amy. Make sure you keep them happy so they stay with you Jim!
Dave

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nw Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was satisfied with my recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites in Waterloo. A restful sleep was provided by the comfortable mattress, numerous pillows and puffy covers. Moderate breakfast offerings with fresh, hot coffee handled all of the guests while hosts kept the room clean. Staff is friendly and professional. Only downside of my visit is the soundproof qualities of the guest room. Noises in the hallway and adjacent toilet rooms transmitted easily to my room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Batavia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had a wonderful experience after a long day of driving from North Dakota. Needless to say, we were tired and ready for bed. We were greeted by water bottles, mints, and a thank you note for staying there and being a Choice Elite member. Great room, great staff, and a great night's sleep!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo? Share your experiences!