You added Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Not bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times because my boyfriend lives in Peoria, IL, and I live in Minneapolis. Waterloo is a halfway point where we can spend the weekend together.

We have always stayed in a jacuzzi suite, and it's incredible because I can bring my big dog, and they let her stay in the room. So, I get to hang out with my boyfriend and my dog! I like that. I don't think that this hotel is bad at all. It has always been quiet and the housekeeping is respectful of the privacy sign. The beds are very comfortable, and the views from the tower are pretty nice.

True, the area around the hotel isn't so great, and there aren't a lot of places in the immediate vicinity to hang out in, but I haven't ever felt that my life was in jeopardy while I was out walking my dog. Also, our cars were fine out in the parking ramp.

The front desk people are great, and I've hung out in the little bar/restaurant a time or two. We have never had food there, but the drinks and service are excellent.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
AGarringer, Manager at Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us last April! I am glad to hear that your stay was pleasant, and that you were able to stay with both your boyfriend and dog. Also, thank you for the positive comments about our staff and facility. We will make sure that these get passed along!!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Illinois City, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The room was either to cold or hot. Very uncomfortable. The rooms were outdated and really in need of update. I could not get the water to run right and the hot water was not hot enough. Kids running back and forth thru the night. I thought I was out at a barn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
AGarringer, Manager at Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a good one.

With our renovations, our water heaters are being fixed and/or upgraded and the room temperature will be better. The rooms are also getting a much needed face lift with new paint, decor, bedding, etc.

Again, I am truly sorry for your unpleasant stay.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Pretty roomy hotel room,Kind of a older building but very helpful staff.really think its time for some newer bads

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
We are very glad to hear that our staff was helpful to you and that your stay was a nice one.

We hope we see you again so you can experience the newness of the hotel after the renovations!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The only reason I had to stay here was becuase it was a business trip. Where do I begin.....

Security.....Not usually that concerned except Waterloo is a bit sketchy to begin with. Here we go. The parking is across the street in a parking garage.....the access to the hotel is thru a skywalk. So once you get into the Ramada (NO KEY ACCESS REQUIRED) it puts you on the second floor (right next to rooms) One way to rooms, one way to the convention center thru another skywalk. So then to get to any other floor you just hop in the elevator and go to any other floor. So basically any crazy can walk right over from the parking garage to any hotel room without passing the front desk or "security" ha!

So the front desk "help" that others talked about was spot on...the bad thing is it was the ASSISTANT MANAGER who had the worst attitude!

Allergies. I have NEVER had a problem with allergies in a hotel...until now. I woke up on the middle of the night and couldn't breathe. Eyes runny, stuffy nose, asthma, the works.

Pillows hard as ROCKS..literally.

Ice machine on 7th floor broken....not that big of a deal except its a big hotel, had to go to another floor.

Heating/Cooling..if you can call it that....NEVER turned off...I had to get up 3 times to adjust it. Most units turn off once the room reaches the temp you want..not this one.

OK one good thing...No bed bugs...at least in room 710! ha....

I believe the only reason the Ramada gets business is becuase they low ball prices for business people......Why not spend the extra $10 LITERALLY and stay at a nice Hampton or Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Out of the 15 people traveling in my group....MOST felt the same way I did. None of us had a choice...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one, and for that we at the Ramada apologize.

The parking garage and sky-walk are city property and we can not alter or add any security or features without the cities approval.

The downtown area of Waterloo is quite safe. Instances of crime around the hotel or downtown are pretty rare.

As we undergo renovations, most of our older equipment is being replaced and/or upgraded. So this should alleviate the issues with the room temperature.

Again, I do apologize that your stay was not a very pleasant one.
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Have stayed at the Ramada Inn twice in the past. Older building, rooms are worn. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher up is usually quieter.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Ramada. We are so glad to hear that our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable!

Our rooms and building are under renovation. Soon the Ramada will feel like a brand new hotel!
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We selected this hotel based on price and after reading some of the reviews I was a bit hesitant about staying here. However, much to my pleasant surprise, our stay was wonderful. The room was bright and airy, the linen clean and changed as often as we wanted. The hallway decor is pretty basic but who picks a hotel based on the hallways? As for the surrounding area, we checked out The Brown Bottle, Doughy Joey's Chicago Style Pizza, and the in-house place The Red River. Yes, there are two "gentlemen's clubs" nearby but no one forced us to go there. We found the neighborhood quite safe,

The only glitch came when I was ready to check-in online for our flight back and discovered there was no business center to print the boarding passes. I found this to be a bit odd for a hotel physically connected to a convention center.

In summery, if you are looking for a 5-star hotel, this isn't it. If you are looking for a good hotel and a great staff at a reasonable price, check this one out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guest computers in the lobby now have a printer.

We hope to see you again soon!
Charles City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at! I pricelined a 2 1/2 star hotel and ended up with this dump. Worst decision ever! The service was horrid; the front desk women were unfriendly and truly disgusted to be bothered by customers. The worst part were the guests and the level of early AM drunken behavior unchecked by staff after multiple complaints. People running up and down the halls, pounding on the walls, laughing the entire time. The shower was nasty/dirty as well as the bed. Do yourself a favor and do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
AGarringer, Manager at Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your stay with us. Your room and the way you were treated was unacceptable. Staff has been talked to and trained to provide better service.

Again, I am very sorry about your stay with us.

Been to Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!