“Nice value, pet-friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Milan
“Nice value, pet-friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good value if you are traveling with animals, motel needs a bit of an update but it was clean, the room was spotless, bed was comfy, fridge and micro worked fine, check in and out was easy. Nice grassy areas for dogs to potty. Restaurants withing walking distance. Only about 5 minutes from the show grounds for the dog show. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bronson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 while on a business trip. In this economy we are always trying to find the most for our money on a trip. I felt we got a good deal on our stay here. The room was very clean and well set up. There was a mini fridge and microwave that were very handy. The continental breakfast was average but the food and coffee were fresh and the woman working it was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the parking lot. It is quieter and darker th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Andalusia, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had read some terrible reviews here and were a little scared to stay there after booking. For OUR experience...it wasn't as bad as described in most of the reviews. Sure, it needs "updating"...but it was only about 50-bucks! I would suggest new mattresses and blankets.

The room was clean and customer service was very pleasant and helpful.

I would recommend them and stay there again.

Thank you for a great stay...Super 8!

Mike R.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

As an instructor I brought students to this hotel in hopes that it would be a decent place to stay. I was quickly mistaken when we found drug paraphenilia in the rooms, dirty towels, dirty comforters, and dirty walls and ceilings. We reported this to the manager, who first claimed to not be the manager and then decided that he was actually the manager. He basically told us there wasn't much he could do. We took it to corporate and have been given the run around since. They also had maids come to clean the rooms at 8:00 AM after the paraphenilia was found when we specifically told them multiple times that we were not checking out until 9:45 AM! This was the worst stay I have ever had and would not ever recommend anyone staying here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Ne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We spent two nights here and found this hotel to be nice and quiet. It is located near numerous places to eat and shop. I did not notice any cigarette smell. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our room was quite large as we had one bed, easy chair, and dinette. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is by far the worst hotel that I have ever stepped foot in. The rooms smelled musty and moldy, the police arrived on our first morning there to break up a domestic dispute, and there was a constant stream of shady characters coming in and out of this place. While it is by far the cheapest stay in Waterloo, it was worse than I could have imagined. Any negative reviews you have read about the Super 8 in Waterloo are all true, plus more!!!! This was my first and last experience with the Super 8 chain of motels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clanton, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I usually have had good luck with any Super 8 that I have stayed in, and have stayed in at least 30 of them in the past several years while working with my job in many different states. But this one, was not so "super".. After getting settled in somewhat, I was about to finally get some rest.. So, I pull back the corner of the bedding, and was greeted by a BED BUG!! As soon as the light hit it, of course it tried to scurry for the shadows, but I killed it before it got away because I wanted the hotel staff to see it.

I will say that the lady at the front desk was extremely nice, and very sorry for what had happened. It wasn't her fault. She gave me another room on the first floor, and told me to make sure it was ok, and if not then she would keep trying. In this room, the carpet was soaked, with a damp smell that filled the room. Apparently there is some sort of foundation problems here.. I started searching the bedding, and did not have to look for very long, and found bugs. It was not bed bugs this time, but tiny slender looking bugs by the hundreds, yes, hundreds. I assume they were here due to the moist enviroment. Upon closer examination, I noticed that the room was the epitome of just plain filth. It looked like someone had puked down the side of the mattress and box springs on one of the two beds in this room. There was crumbs and trash in the middle of the floor, not up close to the edge where the vacuum could not pick up, but in the middle. I could go on and on, but I think you get it. The maids obviously do not do their job, period. By this time, it was 2 in the morning, and the nice lady at the desk finally found a decent room back on the 2nd floor that I accepted. It was still dirty, but had no bugs and was definately the lesser of the evils. This hotel has major issues, and should be ashamed to rent a room out to anyone while it is in this condition. If you stay here, you will be disappointed, I know I was..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Waterloo? Share your experiences!