“Very satisifed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very satisifed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the place was quiet and clean. The rooms were very large and the beds were super comfy. The fitness center was great and not crowded when I was there. Definitely a good place for a cozy getaway weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Garrison, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this Quality Inn. The beds were dreamy. The staff makes you feel welcome and treated me like a VIP. My room was very very clean. As was the lobby and pool area. I enjoyed a good breakfast. The coffee was hot and tasted fresh brewed, same with the coffee in the lobby (available 24 hours) This was truly a Quality stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sabeena R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Mr Soulak

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay at the Quality Inn waterloo with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with the staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words of especially for the things you liked check -in service, clean rooms, comfort beds ect. We take pride in our hotel and the services, so we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time your in town.

Manager- Quality Inn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel charges 60 a night for a room that is worth about 35.

Greeted the first morning by a manager colorfully discussing the skill set of an employee.

Second elevator is still broken - see the November posting.

No mention of what the breakfast included or where it was located.

Strip Club on the corner.

Visiting family and one member worked here over 35 years ago and the place has not been updated since.

Stayed at very nice chain hotel over the summer (HGI).

Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'm staying at the Quality Inn for business. Now if yhouve never been to Waterloo.. it's not exactly your sweet-life kinda city.

My complaint is a combo of the hotel and it's location. Jenni at the desk was a sweetheart she also booked my reservation for me. The room is huge, I mean huge and the bed was actually pretty comfy. The room itself is very run down though, really does need some TLC and the walls are pretty thin I could here all the noise outside and the people on the street blasting their music.

Breakfast was great and shower worked just fine. Just think its about time the hotel got a renovation.

Room Tip: ask for a handicap room-much bigger!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
South Bend, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here because it offered the best coupon in a travel brochure. It is not a fancy place, could use a top to bottom cleaning, and the neighborhood appeared to be a little seedy but there were no issues.
The bed was comfortable though I'd recommend you bring your own pillow as they offered some really small square pillows and the bath towels were small as well. Breakfast was free, relatively tasty and filling.
There are two elevators, one was out of order. I also had a drafty window overlooking a corner bar, and even though I was on the top floor, I could hear the bar patrons quite well as they smoked outside of that establishment. There is also a rail road bridge near by, and while I didn't see the trains, they do blow their horns in that part of Waterloo.
Not sure that I'd stay here again though I didn't have any problems overall. Fairly easy to find and parking was good.

Room Tip: Sorry, I checked in late and left early. My room faced the river, and that bar. Perhaps the other si...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Please read the other reviews! They are factual.
My list of complaints are:
1. Parking lot is dark.
2. Carpets in hallways are stained and odoriferous.
3. Only one elevator works.
4. Fitness room machines were all broken. All three of them.
5. Room refrigerator was so loud I unplugged it.
6. Furniture in room is vintage second hand store.
7. Air/heater unit was musty when turned on...and stayed that way.
8. Clock was not plugged in.
9. Curtains partially off tracks.
10. Cigarette butt stuffed into window sill in a non smoking room.
11. Lightning in room is harsh.
12. Coffee maker stained.
13. Shower drain backed up.
14. Water pressure was low. Fancy shower head in operable because of the low pressure.
15. Bed pillows are actually 12 inch accent pillows. (See picture)

It appears as if the hotel owner has not spent any money on this plave in years.
It falls very short of the Quality Inn standards.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sabeena R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Susan,
Thank you for taking the time to commit on your stay at our hotel and allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.

We accommodate many guest each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one, The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guest at reasonable prices. Consequently, Its disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.

Please, accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive form our guest are taken seriously be assured that the issues you have been addressed and action has been taken.

Again thank you for the time to share your concerns with us

Management -Quality Inn
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My fiancee and I stayed here for two nights. Unfortunately we didn't read the reviews before booking a room.

The hotel is in need of a gut rehab. There were disgusting looking, dirty couches in the lobby. Even though we had a non-smoking room, as soon as we stepped into the hallway our noses were assaulted with the pungent smell of cigarette smoke.

The staff were okay. Although they weren't overly accomodating. After our room was cleaned the first day we weren't given new wash cloths. I called the front desk to tell them about it. I was told that I could come down to get some wash cloths. Really? I would expect this type of service at a motel.
Later that night my fiancee and I realized that our bath mat was not replaced either.

I ate some of the continental breakfast the next morning. It was mediocre. At least they did provide coffee with carry out lids. Oh, let me not forget to mention the strip club that is right across the street. If I ever have to return to Waterloo in the future I will not be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!