“Best value award” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Missouri
“Best value award”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This truly is NOT your typical Motel 6. Nice and clean, comfortable room, interior hallway, impressive flat screen TV, free wifi (although I didn't use it), and even a mini-fridge inside a wooden cabinet. All of this for a king bed at the low price of $49.99 (less on weekdays).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a hot tub room, absolutely amazing! I've stayed at many Motel 6's throughout the whole country and have never had such a wonderful experience!

The check in staff were friendly and efficient.

Walking into the room and it was lovely! So clean! Beautiful furniture, modern decor, soft carpet and a sense of comfort straight away. Alarm clock, hair dryer and lots of pretty lamps. Something you never usually find at a Motel 6!

The king bed was comfortable, had lots of feather pillows and a cotton comforter. Bedding you usually find at high end Hotels. So cozy! It had a nice comfy chair to sit on and a well lit desk with a leather business chair.

The hot tub worked great, all the jets were powerful and it was very clean. I think it's a heated one too because we never had to top it off with hot water. All this for $90 in summer. I think the standard rooms are much cheaper, but I am sure they are of high quality. We didn't even feel like we were at the Motel 6, it was very nice. Still pet friendly with no fee, very hard to find in most motels, especially hot tub rooms.

The bathroom was clean, with a separate sink area, both spotless!

There was a fridge, but no microwave..... the only downside to our stay. We just ordered from Jimmy Johns.

Flat screen TV. Reliable WiFi, fast too!

Nice indoor pool!

No breakfast, but who cares ...this motel is very close to the mall, many restaurants and lots of good shopping choices.

Nothing to complain about, loved our stay. Wish we could of stayed longer! Get a hot tub room if it's available, it's well worth the extra $30 or so. If not, then I am sure you'll be happy with your stay anyway.

Get a room facing the back of the building, I think it's quieter. It faces the trees and grass rather than the busy parking lot out front.

• Stayed September 2013
Waterloo, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked our room on booking.com and got the rate that was promised! We did reserve a king size and got 2 queens, but that was ok. The one bed was horrible!! It sunk in the middle. Good thing we had extra pillows so it evened out the bed when you laid on them. The flusher on the toilet broke after the second use and my husband had to take the top of the toilet off to flush for the remainder of our stay. The phone was disgusting! There was dried food where the receiver hung up and only one of the phones worked. Not the best experience!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

PLEASE NOTE: Baymont Inn and Suites has changed to a Motel 6. There is another Motel 6 located on the north side of Waterloo. This review is for the former Baymont Inn which is now Motel 6 on Laporte near the mall in Waterloo.

I stayed at Motel 6 due to a car breakdown on 3/24/13. Normally I don't stay at hotels with a number in their name, but they were about 1/2 the price of the other hotels, and they accept a limited number of pets with no fees. (I think the staff said they have 4 pet-friendly rooms?)

My room was clean and quiet, the bed was comfortable. The hallway and stair carpet probably needs to be replaced soon, but I wasn't staying in the hallway or stairs so it didn't really matter. The front desk staff were super nice when I checked in. Coffee in the morning but no breakfast.

Room Tip: There are four pet-friendly rooms available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Overall, it was a really good value for a last-minute place to sleep - about $50 for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Indianola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel! The front desk staff - Anesa and Jacqueline - were awesome and seemed to be there all day and night! They were so nice and fun and helpful! The room accommodations were great also! This hotel used to be a Baymont Inn but is now a Motel 6, so it has a few amenities not usually at a Motel 6, such as a pool and hairdryer. When I found out this hotel was now a Motel 6, I was hesitant as I don't normally stay at Motel 6, but the gal (Anesa) I always talked to the few times when making the reservation (and a block of rooms for our group) was upfront and very easy to work with us. I was very pleasantly surprised by this Motel 6, which seemed to be all upgraded, so that I won't be hesitant for Motel 6 in the future! Kudos to Anesa and Jacqueline!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This location is not a baymont inn no more the hotel names has been changed to Motel 6 now
After reading all the reviews,looks like management has done a lot of changes this hotel rooms was in great shape and rooms and overall hotel is very clean.
Room had 32' flat screen tv new and mordern furnitures and great internet access
Though there's no breakfast at motel 6 but the rate was good enough for us to buy a full breakfast at IHop (for $20.00 extra in other hotels in the area the only provide cereal and bread)
But staying there I save $20 and bought ourself full breakfast
The rooms were very clean and very well maintained
Overall quality of the was excellent great and new heated pool

Room Tip: Great and clean rooms couldnt believe its Motel 6
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Crossroads Mall-Waterloo-Cedar Falls? Share your experiences!