“Great hotel for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Wisconsin
“Great hotel for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

This is a relatively new property in the Hilton chain and it is clean, well appointed and quiet. The staff was extremely friendly - from the front desk to the kitchen staff. The hotel offers a free breakfast - plenty to choose from both hot and cold offerings. I used to be a Marriott Rewards member but have switched to the Hilton chain. Hampton Inn's beat Courtyard's hands down! Better appointed, better bath rooms, better beds, better bed linens. While I was there, it appeared a female representative from Hilton corporate was reviewing the property along with the hotel GM. The woman from corporate had a clip board and they were reviewing the exterior - she ratteled off about 10 things that needed chaging or repair in about 20 seconds, e.g. - there were tire tracks on the brick drive, the flower planter was painted the wrong shade of salmon, the cigarrette receptacle wasn't the approved model --- apparently they take things pretty seriously. As a frequent business traveler, I appreciate that kind of attention to detail.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

Called from cell phone to book room for the night and was told yes we have availability. I told operator we would be there in 1/2 hour. Lugged our luggage in at 4:45 p.m. to be told we will not have a room available until 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. we have extended the hours of a basketball team so the rooms are not cleaned yet. I said why wasn't I told this on the phone because we would have continued on to Cedar Rapids. I was then told to go get something to eat "We have a lot of nice restaurants around here." Even though we were tired and would have liked to freshen up before going out...we did go out to dinner. We returned at 6:55 p.m. and she couldn't find us in the computer . After I said you just told us to go and eat and now we're back she said rudely "I said 7:00 p.m. " I said no..you said 6:30 to 7:00. By this time I was hot!! My husband and I love Hampton Inn and will only stay there when there is one. This treatment was totally unacceptable. I did put in a formal complaint to the general office, but have not heard back within the 48 hr. period.

Stayed February 2008
Hampt0nManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterloo, responded to this review, May 1, 2008
Although our motto is to make sure each and every guest has an exceptional stay, unfortunately events occur that are not within our control.

The Hampton Inn of Waterloo is regulary full and as much as we try to avoid it, we have to work around specific requests of our guests that may cause others to be inconvenienced.

Our standard and policy is to make sure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied and we were very happy to apologize to our guest and refund her the total amount of her stay,

We plan on seeing her again in the future and look forward to making all of our guests feel welcome at the Hampton Inn of the Waterloo.
SE Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

I have come to expect a perfect stay from a Hampton and this property did not let me down. The most comfortable beds in any hotel chain I have stayed at, a wonderful selection for breakfast. A nice clean bathroom with a curved shower bar. Fantastic staff that is ready to do anything you ask of them with a smile. Great wireless, with consistent high speeds. 24 hour coffee and tea service but with an added extra for those of us not interested in the coffee/tea thing, most places do that anymore; they had hot chocolate! How wonderful it was to come in from the november night chill and have a cup of hot chocolate before bed. The only flaw was a lack of a music channel like mtv/vh1 to listen to in the morning while getting ready but that wasnt enough to deduct points for as the alarm clock had a radio. I hope to never stay anywhere else in Waterloo again as I have stayed other places here and been sadly disappointed. This is definately the place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
alexandria, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I have stayed at a TON of hotels in my life from horrible hostels and Motel 6's to stunning 5 stars and luxury resorts, THIS hotel was my favorite. No joke.
There's something so great about walking into a place where the staff is nice just because they are, there's a huge FREE breakfast with daily specials listed in a nice dining room and the room itself has 10ft ceilings. There was a fridge and a microwave, not that we even needed it. The bed was awesome (everyone is doing the comfy bed like Sheratons now) the shower was HUGE and wonderful. The aesthetics were very impressive as the sink fixture was something I'd love to have in my house!
I loved it all. I felt very welcome and everything was SUPER clean and well cared for. They have a staff member who watches over the buffet to keep it all clean and well stocked. I love this hotel. No hidden fees, no attitude and I slept like a baby.

• Liked — the bed, the shower, the breakfast ALL of it.
  • Disliked — that I had to leave
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2007

This hotel just opened in August 2006 and the rooms are very clean and new. The fitness center looked very nice, but is only open until 11pm. Breakfast was typical of Hampton Inns. Staff was very polite and apologized numerous times when the phone kept interrupting the check in. It is very convenient to many restaurants and shopping. The internet was down for a couple of hours in the morning but they were actively trying to fix it and had it running before I checked out. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2006

We stayed here during our coast-to-coast drive across the US. This was an extremely nice and obviously brand new Hampton Inn – one of the best hotels of the whole trip. The room was spotless and nicely furnished with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very nice with free standing wooden furniture and a nice shower. The wireless internet was free and a good speed. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2006

Been to Hampton Inn Waterloo? Share your experiences!