“needs new manager!!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Waterloo to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Waterloo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2343 Logan Avenue, Waterloo, IA 50703 (Formerly Park Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Waterloo
Kansas City, Missouri
“needs new manager!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was traveling for an event with family and had to stay at this place because I am a bargain stayer! For the price this place is very nice. The front desk clerk, Patricia, was very friendly, helpful and you could tell she loves to help people. I was checking in and the manager, Tammy, came into the front desk area and was cursing and very unprofessional appearance. She is NOT professional AT ALL and if she was my boss I would file a formal complaint with corporate. Over the time of my stay I had seen her there, off and on duty, and she is very rude to customers as well. Management should be professional at all times and she is making a bad name for this hotel. I feel sorry for the staff. I also overheard her talking about staff to another guest in a bad manner. That is NOT professional at all and it breaks confidentiality of management. If I was the owner I would find a new manager and get her out of the hotel fast as can be!!!! I had called down for some towels a couple of times and Becky was very helpful. I would come and go a lot during my 4 day stay and I do say, Becky and the 3rd shift gal(didn't get her name) were on their personal phones a lot and there was a man out front with his dog(seemed friendly even though he was not being held onto even though he had a leash attached to him). I liked my room, it was clean and smelled good when I arrived. The first night was quiet. Housekeeping came the next day and did not even bring me my clean towels. I asked, Tammy if I could get towels and she stated there were none clean yet, while she was doing NOTHING but cursing about an employee to a guest. Very few amenities. I had asked the front desk clerk (manager) if they had something and I just "NO". I do not know if I would stay here again while they have the present management. Hot tub does not work, which really irritated me, but the pool was clean and nice, but a little chilly. Checking out, Patricia was very apologetic for my bad stay(I did not tell her my complaints) Recommendation....stay away from manager!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here because they had reservations available. Making the reservation was easy and convenient. The front desk clerk, Patricia was very friendly and made sure all my needs were taken care of. The rooms are basic and clean. The air conditioner in my room could use an update but the rooms were clean. The pool was off the lobby but the hot tub was not working, which I was looking forward to using. I would stay here again because of the cleanliness, convenience, and friendly staff. It has made improvements over the last couple of months since my last stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Carlinville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The motel is convenient if you are on hwy 52 S and you're too tired to keep driving to Cedar Rapids. They have a week day rate, which I think I was misquoted, but since I was booking on a Friday they charged me the higher weekend rate, which is still mid $ 60's with taxes, etc. Not a bad price, but there is no breakfast and there was no shampoo or conditioner in the shower. The coffee in the am was free, but there were no plastic spoons available to eat the yogurt I had with me. The room was ok, but I thought it still smelled a little smokey, even though it was a non-smoking room, There were folks outside smoking in the parking lot though, so maybe their smoke was wafting in through hallways. The room did have a small microwave and fridge. The shower was nice but the bathroom was tiny. The air conditioner worked fine, but it was missing the grill which covers it.There was a very small pool, which closes at 10pm and the hot tub wasn't working. Staff were friendly, although they need to work on their professionalism/attire/appearance, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I love coming here. The rooms are clean, good coffee, nice staff, and great service. I had a situation and Tammy did an excellent job solving the issue. She is the main reason why I will be selecting Motel 6 every time I visit Waterloo.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Butler, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stopped at this hotel when I saw it from the Highway. I have been staying at Motel 6 my entire life. This one in particular was one of my favorites. It was clean had a great friendly staff and it was located away from everything. It was nice and quite at all times.

Room Tip: Grab a room away from the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ionia, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have a bulldog named Rooster Cogburn. He loves to come here. Clean place. Nice folks. I just got one issue and its all the ads on the internet connection. So many I cant get work done. But otherwise it has a nice pool and good showers. They do a good job of keeping it clean.

Room Tip: Nice gals up front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stopped at Motel 6 because of the reviews and we were not disappoint! There is a dog show tomorrow and there are several dogs staying here (we were informed of this be checking in) but you wouldn't know it if you didn't see them outside. Tammy, at front desk was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Waterloo? Share your experiences!