“Very nice place!” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Waterloo to your Saves list
Motel 6 Waterloo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2343 Logan Avenue, Waterloo, IA 50703 (Formerly Park Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
“Very nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I love coming here. The rooms are clean, good coffee, nice staff, and great service. I had a situation and Tammy did an excellent job solving the issue. She is the main reason why I will be selecting Motel 6 every time I visit Waterloo.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Butler, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stopped at this hotel when I saw it from the Highway. I have been staying at Motel 6 my entire life. This one in particular was one of my favorites. It was clean had a great friendly staff and it was located away from everything. It was nice and quite at all times.

Room Tip: Grab a room away from the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ionia, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have a bulldog named Rooster Cogburn. He loves to come here. Clean place. Nice folks. I just got one issue and its all the ads on the internet connection. So many I cant get work done. But otherwise it has a nice pool and good showers. They do a good job of keeping it clean.

Room Tip: Nice gals up front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stopped at Motel 6 because of the reviews and we were not disappoint! There is a dog show tomorrow and there are several dogs staying here (we were informed of this be checking in) but you wouldn't know it if you didn't see them outside. Tammy, at front desk was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oelwein, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here with our eldest son who was only 3 at the time. We were told the rooms were updated just to find out we had a plain outdated room. We could not use the heater because it was ridiculously loud and whenever you turned it on, it smelled like it was burning and made the entire room stink. Beings we could not use the heater, we froze all night long. Beds were very hard, fridge did not work, bathroom tub had hairs all over it and the water stop did not work either. Hallways were filled with smoke and you could smell marijuana all on the top floor (we had a NDD1 on the top floor.) People were "partying" and being very loud all night long. Where's management? The only nice part was the public pool, which my son loved but the hot tub wasn't even filled and was covered in gunk. The morning we checked out, management was there and she was wearing all sweats with messy hair, where is the dress code and hygiene? Never again will we stay there, nor will my kids be submitted to such an atrocious atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Motel 6 is my go-to motel when I'm on the road for work. I've stayed at a lot of them from Illinois, Wisconsin to Iowa. This was by far the most modern, decorated location I have ever been to. They have a fireplace in the lobby for cryin' out loud! Indoor swimming pool, and suites available. It's not a corporate property, it's a franchise so it's privately owned and operated. I don't remember how much it was exactly, but under $60. My only complaint is they aren't paying very close attention to their coffee situation in the morning. Both containers were empty and I rang the bell but nobody answered and they remained empty for a good 20 minutes as I sat there waiting.
Flat screen TV's with a bunch of channels too.

Room Tip: The suites have two queens, and a separate section with two comfy chairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Walcott, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Motel 6 at 2343 Logan Ave. in Waterloo, Iowa, is quite adequate, clean and reasonably priced. That's what I found during a recent one-night stay. I reserved a room for a single adult. I booked online and my Internet rate was $52.69. With tax the total came to $59.01. The hotel also honored my written request for a first-floor room close to the lobby. I arrived about 9:30 p.m. and found a large well-lit parking lot. The lobby featured some seating and two free newspapers, one from Waterloo and one from nearby Cedar Falls. There was a vending area with a few tables and chairs as well. Right off the lobby was an attractive indoor pool, which I did not have an opportunity to use. Check-in, thanks to a desk clerk named Lisa, was quick and efficient. My guest room was not lavish, but it was clean and more than adequate. Amenities included a large screen TV with numerous cable channels, free wireless Internet, a table and chair for my computer, a comfortable recliner and a refrigerator. Check out the morning after my overnight stay was easy. Since you pay when you register and receive your receipt at that time, all you need to do at checkout is drop your key card in a basket at the front desk. If I were to have any complaints, it would be that the showerhead in my room needed some maintenance even though it still worked. And the Internet was not accessible the morning of my departure. A desk clerk told me someone was working to restore it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Waterloo? Share your experiences!