“I think the staff was very rude and disrespectful” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Waterloo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the historic former Newton’s Jewelry building in Downtown Waterloo, Newton’s Paradise Café offers breakfast and lunch items made with fresh produce, fresh ingredients and a fresh approach to food in the Cedar Valley.Meet your friends for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Can’t stay to eat? Call ahead and order it to-go. Looking for a fresh place to bring business clients or out-of-town visitors? Everyone will love the wide variety of delectable items on the evolving menus. Stop in for traditional breakfast favorites like delicious pancakes, Iowa French toast, biscuits and gravy and Steel cut oats. Come back for lunch for a great selection of burgers, wraps and salads all made fresh and with ingredients that will make your taste-buds sing.Be sure to check out the 2011 Iowa Pork Producers honorable mention best pork tenderloin. Worth a drive from anywhere.Newton’s Paradise Café is open at 6am Monday through Saturday, and 9am to 2pm on Sunday. We close at 9pm Monday through Thursday with extended late night hours on Friday and Saturday nights. We are always adding to our menu, so stop in often to enjoy something new and delicious. Choose a table or booth or sit at the diner-style counter. You can even dine outside on nice days and enjoy the view of the beautiful park and greet friends and familiar faces of Downtown Waterloo while you enjoy your meal.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I think the staff was very rude and disrespectful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My complaint is about how my husband and I was treated at the Newton's cafe. My and my husband came into the cafe for breakfast Easter morning, After we sat down it was fine at first, it took a min for me to place my order, after they took our order we notice the staff member kept come in and out and pointing and laughing at a us, and the cook staff member who was a black man with dread went to the restroom 4 time and did not wash his hand, but he coming out laugh at us, he was not using the bathroom at all , he was coming out the kitchen to look at me and my husband. If I did not explain me and my husband are a different race, he is Filipino and I am Jamaican and a we notice other staff member come out the kitchen and laugh at us, We was kind feeling we was been watch but it was confirm by another customer they walked up to my husband and told him what they heard why they was eating , they told him they could not believe how disrespectful the staff was to customer. They gave my husband there number because she if I was us , she would sue them discrimination, because it does matter what your customer look like as long as you pay the bill. This is a place I will not go to again and call the BBB about this matter.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“tenderloins are huge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

They use fresh ingredients and are outstanding. The pork tenderloins can easily be split by 2 big eaters. Not only are they big but they taste very good.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterloo, Iowa
“Grilled Meatloaf and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Most people probably wouldn't get too excited by the sound of meatloaf. However, this meatloaf is grilled to perfection and rested over a bed of grilled seasonal veggies. I was lucky to order this beauty while asparagus was in season. I have now had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Newton's and every time has been a treat. Orders can be a little slow compared to other diners, but if you want quality, it's worth the wait. For a special treat, order a bloody mary.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“tenderloin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

there tenderloin is best in town big enough to share service excellent staff very friendly down town so take in some of the other places to eat an drink like screaming eagle or jamisons bar an grill

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterloo
“eclectic and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

the food is really good...you could share a tenderloin with 2 other people beside yourself and be satisfied. the parmesean fries are so good. there is a breakfast platter that is wonderful and the staff is very friendly. it is small so the drawback is sometimes there is quite a wait.

• Visited December 2013