“Awesome place and breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Fridley, Minnesota
“Awesome place and breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We checked in later in the evening and we had a room all ready and waiting for us. There were cookies upon our check-in even at midnight. The room was nice, and had pantene products in the bathroom. Awesome perk. In the morning, the breakfast was a wide variety of cold items, snacky items-string cheese-such a fun extra; waffle maker, cereal, make your own omelette, etc. As we headed out the door, we noticed to-go-bags for breakfast, if you didn't have time to sit down and eat. Plus-a different kind of cookie was out than the night before.

We weren't there long, but I would defintely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
fcnlink, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waterloo, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Our great thanks goes out to your for sharing your experience and testimonial of your recent stay. The constant supply of fresh cookies is actually one of my favorite amenities as well. Additionally, thank you for acknowledging our breakfast. We have put a lot of effort into expanding our breakfast in a couple different ways such as our menu items and diningware to provide a different look and feel. We hope you are able to stay longer during your next trip in Waterloo so you can enjoy more of the Country Inn & Suites experience. Genuine thanks for letting us play host. We highly anticipate your next stay in the area!

Management & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We've stayed here several times. The staff is always very nice and very helpful. The Lobby decor is very nice. Our rooms have always been clean previous to this visit, but this time there was much to be desired. The coffee table was sticky and there were crumbs on it. The upholstery of the chair and sofa was dirty. And the bed was so hard I couldn't sleep. This has always before been our stay of choice when coming to Waterloo, but I think we'll have to investigate a new place for next time. Oh, and every time we came in, there were no cookies. The breakfast was pretty meager and not very tasty. It really seems to have gone downhill in the last year.....

Room Tip: Stay off of the third floor!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waterloo, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review after your most recent stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns about your guest room, lack of cookies, and the quality of breakfast with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a more positive stay in the near future.

Additionally, we also acknowledge the high points of your stay and are grateful for your continual loyalty. It is our hope that we may once again welcome you and your family in not as guests, but rather as friends the next time travels bring you to the Cedar Valley.

Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here several nights for a business trip. The staff was friendly, but it wasn't enough to counter-balance the negatives. The hotel itself is in an odd spot, and not easy to get to, or give directions to. The breakfasts were weak for a CI&S. The internet options include a free access (didn't work) or a paid upgrade ($3/day and still didn't work.) I could get access only very sporadically. I called the number, did all the trouble shooting mumbo-jumbo. The tech finally decided that the problem was with my laptop (never had a problem before or since in any other hotel). I received a refund, but no internet access. Internet is a key to my business stay, so this was a big problem. My smart phone is the only way I got any work done. The room I had (2 room suite) was pretty dingy, and had a huge stain on the floor. One of the housekeepers also promised me she would personally clean my room each day, because (she informed me) some of the other housekeepers had been accused of stealing. Classy! I did receive an response after i completed their email survey... It offered an apology, but no discounts or anything worthwhile. I figured I'd give them a chance to reconcile before posting here... Obviously, I will not be going back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We offer our sincere appreciation for your feedback about your experience as well as our apologies for any inconveniences.

As part of our plan of continually improving the guest experience to make stays even more pleasant is our recently implemented wireless internet upgrade. After switching internet providers, they are still trying to best configure the settings to our hotel. We invite you to give us another chance to help prove we are consistent with the reputable Country Inn & Suites brand.

We would like to further extend our hand to you and follow up with your stay. If you have a moment, please give us a call at 319.233.2336 so we may further accommodate.

Genuine thanks,
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I traveled to Waterloo to meet with a friend. I chose this hotel because of the outstanding experiences I'd had at other hotels within the chain. However, the cleanliness of this particular location left much to be desired. I checked in on a Friday evening, went up to my room via elevator and took the stairs back down. I noticed cereal on the stairway and what appeared to be either chocolate or dog poop outside the exit door. I notified the front desk immediately, however both were still present on Sunday morning when I checked out. Also, the hotel states that they have fresh cookies available. At no point during my stay were there any cookies in the container.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waterloo, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Great morning. We sincerely appreciate your time and consideration to respond about your recent stay. Your comments are duelly noted and taken into consideration to continually improve upon the guest experience. In regard to the mention of any dogs, rest assured that we are adamant about not allowing pets into our hotel out of respect to other guests and their experience. Lastly, we apologize for not having cookies available during your time with us. As one of our highly sought after amenities, we will bring more focus and attention to this aspect of our operations. We look forward to the day we can once again welcome you in as our guest.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very friendly greeting at check-in. No reservation. Requested 1st floor room and one was made available to us. Room was clean and comfortable. Bath towels were very thin, stringy, and seen their better days Breakfast options were so-so. Coffee, cereal, apples, yogurt, juice, bread/muffins, make your own waffles. Breakfast area could use a good cleaning of the cabinet fronts and edge of floor under cabinets. Breakfast clerk had dirtiest tennis shoes and dirty bottom hem of pants that drug floor. Very unappealing.

• Stayed June 2012
Our gratitude goes out to you for choosing your Country Inn & Suites of Waterloo as your preferred destination in the Cedar Valley. I'm glad you could take advantage of our friendly service and our upgraded "Be Our Guest" complimentary hot breakfast. Know that since your stay, we have ordered new towels to replace some of the deflated towels you refer to. Additionally, we have weekly meetings to address any feedback and concerns of any guests to ensure our quality standards are being upheld. Thank you for your input to help make future stays an even better experience. Genuine thanks!

Moville, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I reserved 3 rooms on-line at the Waterloo, Ia Country Inn and Suites. The day of check in, I called the front desk to confirm my reservation and make sure we both had the right number of rooms and I was told the room # was accurate. A few weeks later, I discovered I was charged for an extra room and it was documented as a no-show. I called the hotel to clarify this issue and they refused to credit my charge card as they were not able to pin point whose fault it actually was. Really?? We stayed there for 2 nights, in 3 different rooms? How do you charge a person for a fourrth room and then say we were No-Shows!! I would not recoomend this hotel to anyone, save your money and stay elsewhere. So much for the old saying, The Customer Is Always Right, NOT!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
fcnlink, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waterloo, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about one of your previous stays. We value your input as a traveler.

I agree you did have three reservations made online under your name prior to arrival, but through our later conversation, it appeared that one of you colleagues had also made a separate reservation for that time period. Given especially that our hotel was almost at max capacity, we were unable then to sell this unoccupied room to another traveler.

As stated online according to our guest friendly cancellation policy, a guest has until 6pm the day of arrival to cancel a reservation without penalty. You will find this No Show policy is practiced throughout many hotels within the industry.

Transparency is always our goal. If you have any follow up questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact us at 319.233.2336 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Respectfully,
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

With a project in Waterloo 1 week, then another project in Waverly the following week we chose this hotel. The staff had the hot breakfast ready early which we REALLY appreciated. The location is right next to a steak house, other stores such as Wal-Mart, Red Lobster and many others too, plus it's only 5 minutes EZ access to Hwy 218.

Highway 218 is REALLY rough, but the staff made our stay at this location so pleasant we decided it was worth the drive back & forth from our projects. Country Inn & Suites is 1 of our favorite brands and this location certainly confirms our needs for a comfortable, pleasant stay.

The parlor room was HUGE with 2 side chairs and a sleeper sofa (we didn't use it) set in a large open area.

Room Tip: If you need a large room, ask for the parlor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
fcnlink, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waterloo, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking advantage of all things that make us Country Inn & Suites such as service, comfort, and convenience.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when area projects bring you back to the Cedar Valley!

Management & staff

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waterloo? Share your experiences!