“Got me in at last minute!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
“Got me in at last minute!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

As IHG member I booked a room via mobile about 2 hours before arriving.
Staff was great, the computer system had not generated my information yet and they were swamped checking in others. They handled themselves very well. Were able to get me a room.

The managers reception was a bit lacking versus other "open bar and snacks" at other properties. I think there are some liquor laws in Iowa that limit what they must abide by.

Room was fine. Bathroom was very nice, snazzy tiles, very clean and plenty of counter space to work with. When I see a bathroom that is exceptional, I always mention it, since I have been in many poorly cleaned hotel bathrooms. Kudos to cleaning staff.

Room Tip: Ask for room number ending in 22, it will be at the end of the hallway opposite side of the stairwel...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest
We are glad to make a difference and the staff appreciated your comments
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mt. Clemens Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the first night on our road trip. We had an excellent stay! The room was very spacious and clean. We had a problem with the Tv and the lady from the front desk was up within a minute to fix it. She also gave us a great recommendation for dinner. The breakfast was a standard HIE Breakfast which was delicious. The only con was that the hot tub wasn't working. If we ever make our way back to Waterloo we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you and am glad we could make a difference
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The hotel makes no attempt to control noise problems at the property. My room was located on the the third floor where there is also a meeting room. There was a large family group using it as a family reunion and they were loudly talking in the hallways outside of the meeting room and the children were running full speed and yelling down the hallways. The room next door played loud rock music for hours and I finally had to call the front desk and complain.
It sounded as if someone was doing acrobatics on the floor above me and running back and forth.
The worst part is the hotel's solution was for me to change rooms! Really? Should a guest be expected to have to pack up a room they are assigned to for two weeks because they cannot control the noise? I think not, control the damn noise problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Please accept our apology on account of the disturbance from the group .We have taken necessary action to prevent reoccurrence of the same .
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We have family in Waterloo and travel here several times a year. This is our go-to hotel for several reasons, but the first is the cleanliness of the rooms and linens. That's always a big one for us. Other great reasons to stay - fair price, central location and indoor pool and whirlpool. The reason I say it's slipping is because of the hallway smell. It's starting to get that slightly musty, unpleasant smell that older often have. The room did NOT have that smell. Also, this trip, our key just wouldn't open the pool room door. We didn't have a lot of time to swim before meeting our family for brunch and after having our swipe card re-keyed and it still not working, we opted to just skip the swim and hot tub this trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback - we assure we wont slip. I appreciate your feedback and encouragement and we look forward to seeing you and your family once again
East Troy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were visiting for a graduation, so it was a short overnight stay.
Front desk was OK, seemed to be distracted.
Parking is limited and in a very narrow lot around the length of the hotel. For a late evening check-in it seemed lucky to find a parking place.
Room was nice, and very clean.
Didn't get to try breakfast, it was picked up and gone by the time we came down, seemed early for a Saturday morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the entrance of the hotel. Rear of the building is to the freeway, and can b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Appreciate your feedback and will action the lapses.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Really a nice, very clean place to stay. Was greeted well, nice variety of hot foods. reservations were a snap and complimentary extras are great. Cosy upgraded room. Looking forward to yet another great night.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments- much appreciated
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed February 3rd for the night. Check in was ok but was told they were having computer issues
but I was using my points for this stay so didn't really care. Room was clean since is a newer hotel and after driving in ice and snow all day were happy that there was a pizza place that delivered next to the parking lot.
Slept good and since we had such a rough day decided to sleep in a little longer than normal.
So much for that, The bedside phone rang about 8:20 and my wife woke and answered. The person said his name was James and that he was calling from the desk and said there was computer problems and in order to have my bill ready they would need info. The wife gave me the phone and I heard the same sorry and would I give him my credit card number, I said I could not do that over the phone and that I would be right down. CLICK!!!! Line is dead. I dressed and
went to the front desk and asked for James. The gal said there was no body with that name and asked if I had received a phone call. I said had and she said "Oh thats the second one today".
She said she was sorry and asked if I had given any info. I said no but that they should call the police. I don't know if anyone did but I did. And they showed up and got my information. I then asked a guest that was having breakfast there if they he had gotten a call and he said yes but that he was in the bathroom and did't answer. I asked for the manager and got no help what so ever. How is someone able to just call a persons room?? Inside job???

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
gschaudhri, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations.Necessary action has been taken to resolve such occurrence again
Guest Relations - Holiday Inn Express