“Horrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Story City
Arlington, Texas, United States
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have never in my life had such horrible customer service from a hotel staff member as I did today at check out. After waiting 2 1/2 hours past the time we wanted to leave because of a defective room safe, the front checkout person was incredibly rude!

She was talking to the other staff while checking us out complaining that if the night staff had done their job she wouldn't have gotten " griped (but she used the B word) out". Then she was giving us a $20 discount off our rate only because corporate had suggested it and said that we shouldnt have gotten any discount because we had already received a military discount. I told her the military discount had nothing to do with the inconvenience of having to wait to have a safe opened because the safe was defective. The military discount was because my brother had served 20 years I the military. She said, "I don't give a crap (but she used the S word) about your brothers military service"

We will NEVER stay at this hotel again. When it's a small town with little choices to stay, I could have accepted the dreary rooms with the outdated window coverings and bedspreads, but the horrible customer service was a deal breaker.

It's worth the drive to Ames to avoid this place.

Note to the hotel manager that after every bad review explains that the customer service is really good the reviewer just had a bad experience: you're wrong, your hotel has horrible customer service. If you dont start paying attention to these reviews and fixing the problem, you wont have to worry about having any guests at all.

Room Tip: Stay in Ames, IA instead of Story City. It's really close and much better hotels.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Online_Relations12, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks for the review, Linda.

When it comes to customer services, our staff is held to a high standard. As you can see by earlier reviews, we have, for the most part, upheld that standard.

However, we do in fact pay attention to reviews like yours. For that reason, we're currently in the process of improving our customer service to ensure our standard continues to be upheld and that our guests' stays with us are as pleasant as possible.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
okoboji ia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family and I stayed at this motel over the weekend. Other than stained toilet bowls that make you doubt their cleanliness…the motel was clean. However the customer service was awful. Very bad attitudes from front desk woman as well as breakfast staff throughout our stay directed at several guests. Cleaning staff was very friendly and nice however hadn't replaced towels in our room by 5:30 in the afternoon because they didn't have enough clean ones? The pool was typical but staff did a bad job in keeping towels clean and available. We are a family that travels alot and are not demanding.This motel is missing service with a smile and a thank you at checkout!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Online_Relations12, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Our staff try to provide the best customer service possible and it is unfortunate that it appears that we may have failed your expectations. We will strive to improve our service to our guests and thank you for your comments.

Regarding our housekeeping staff, they do complete all check out rooms first and on busy days do fall alittle behind in getting all supplies to their stay over rooms. But we will work with our housekeeping department to see if a better solution is possible.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Please note that you will be charged $1.50 per day for the use of the safe UNLESS you advise them when you check in that you will not be using the safe. Nowhere in the Choice Hotel extra fees/policy does it mention this. That may not seem like much until you multiply it per room per day for the entire hotel. It's not the price that bothers me; it's the deceptive practice!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Online_Relations12, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thanks for the review, LakeloversTexas.

Contrary to what you've written here, the safe fee is indeed noted in the hotel folio our guests receive when they check in. Additionally, we are happy to waive the fee for guests that do not wish to use their safe---all you have to do is ask!
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This had to of been the worst hotel that we could have stayed at. The beds had stains all over them, the shower curtain was stained with black stains, the carpet was sticky, and the steps looked like they haven't been vacuumed in years. The hot tub was not available for one of their busier weekends. And the breakfast was gross, just greasy and not appetizing. Overall this was a horrible experience at this hotel. Not planning on attending this one ever again!!!! Oh and not to add the service was awful, the ladies at the front desk were crabby as all hell.

Room Tip: The rooms are dirty and gross.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Online_Relations12, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We are really concerned over your stay and would like to discuss further with you. We take pride in providing a clean hotel with great service and your comments concern us. Please contact us directly at your earliest convenience at (515) 733-6363.
Omaha, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed here with my mom, sister, and my son on a Saturday night after an Iowa State football game.

The hotel is very similar to many other hotels lining the nation's interstates, and served our purpose for the evening. Our rooms were good sized and the beds comfortable.

The morning breakfast was decent and not terribly crowded. My son enjoyed swimming; for me, the pool area seemed even louder than most. I couldn't wait until he was done.

The stairs and hallways really needed to be vaccuumed, but our room was clean.

I called the front desk at 8:30 p.m., and the phone rang for a long time. Eventually someone answered, but didn't know how to work the phone. I tried a few more times, but the person who answered kept either hanging up on me or accidentally disconnecting. I'm guessing a maintenance person is supposed to answer the phone after a certain time, but more training is needed.

This mishap did not mar my trip, however. I forgot about it and got a good night's sleep.

Overall, the Comfort Inn is a satisfactory place to stay in Story City, and appears to be the best of the 3 hotels located there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. They had two or three large groups on same weekend, and never missed a beat! They allowed our entire family to use the 'breakfast room' for our gathering space, since the conference room was being rented by another group.
The breakfast is not fancy, but plenty of options and was satisfying. The woman on duty kept up, even with so many people to feed, and was also friendly and helpful!
They could be a tiny bit more attentive to the room cleaning, and some less important amenities were forgotten, even the bath mat! But we just asked for and got what we needed.
If I am ever in the area again, I certainly would be happy to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Before out tripped all we could get was a smoking room, so we thought how bad could it be, well let me tell you, as soon as you walk in the place you can tell. They tried to move us, but no rooms were available. The room key they gave us wouldn't work and after two trips to front desk duty manager walked back up with me and put us in a very nice suite which was non-smoking, but probably cost a bit more than I paid. They also printed out our boarding passes and were just the nicest people. Breakfast was typical continental, easy on/off I-35. If I stayed again I would most assuredly book a non smoking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!