“Dirty, rundown, disgrace!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Vista Inn

Budget Host Vista Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Storm Lake
Budget Host Vista Inn
You added Budget Host Vista Inn to your Saves list
1316 North Lake Avenue, Storm Lake, IA 50588   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Storm Lake
Granville, Ohio
“Dirty, rundown, disgrace!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I actually can't believe we stayed in this horrible motel, but we had already paid for two rooms so we stuck it out. We booked the rooms sight unseen because we have had good luck with this "brand" several times in the past. Budget Host should be ashamed to have their name on this dump! Old, stained furniture (our room had a rundown, broken, stained recliner that I absolutely would never sit on!), dust, rust, stained thin towels, holes in the walls, people next door setting off fire alarm repeatedly smoking god knows what. Only a sheet and bedspread. One blanket provided was so old, pilly and disgusting I wouldn't touch it and doubt it had been washed in quite some time. Motel full of construction workers. A rip off at $55 per night with no breakfast or even coffee. Absolutely gross and I am not that fussy. Run away!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Des Moines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

No heat, dirty rooms, peoples belonings left in the rooms. Rude Staff

Room Tip: dont stay here, book anywhere else
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Storm Lake, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is a very well located hotel, right on the Lake Ave. North. It is an older hotel but for the price you pay you get a clean room, warm shower and a great bed. The couple that run the hotel are very gracious and accommodating and right there for any need you might request. There is a lot of parking right in front of hotel rooms for your convenience and safety. An excellent cafe is right across the parking lot for a good meal and an ATM located on the other side of parking lot for your banking needs. It may not be a family resort get away but it does beautifully for a business traveler's needs or for extra family unexpectedly in town!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Postville, Ia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

There are not many reviews on this hotel, so I wanted to give my thoughts, since the two reviews I found were opposite opinions. When I booked my room, I was not expecting any frills or luxurious accomodations. The rates they offered me were extremely reasonable and saved me enough money (over the chain hotel prices) that I felt it was worth the loss of a few features.

The room was clean, and kept clean throughout my 4 night stay. The beds were very comfortable. The website lists a continental breakfast, but none was available, however coffee and cappacino was offered in the office. The room did have a newer microwave and refrigerator. I was able to prepare affordable meals for myself. There were several minor needs with my room, and the management was very gracious and quick to fix them, to the extent that they were fixable. Please note that this is an old hotel/motel, and many things were showing their age. There was no insulation between the rooms, so yes, you could hear the people residing in the next room, as I'm sure they could hear me, but I have experienced that annoyance in many hotels. My neighbors were quite the "night owls" and it made me more conscious of the noise I make, and I plan to try and be more considerate of others on future outings.

Would I stay there again? Yes, It provided a good clean bed and very affordable rates. Was it new and pretty and did it have lots of amenities? No.

• Liked — The beds were comfortable and the rate was great.
  • Disliked — It was old, and several things did not work well.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Budget Host Vista Inn? Share your experiences!