“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Reunion
More attraction details
Owner description: LPGA legend and Hall of Fame golfer, Annika Sorenstam's boutique golf academy in Central Florida. Golf lessons are available online or on location for individuals, groups, and corporate groups.
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I visited the Annika Academy last week for the first time and was thoroughly impressed. I have been playing golf for approximately 18 years and have taken private lessons and progressed well with my skill level. I had not visited a golf school until last week and was unsure of exactly what to expect. My three day experience at the Annika Academy was excellent.
The program was a perfect mix of nutrition, fitness, golf swing, and short game. As a former college athlete, I felt I knew quite a bit about nutrition and fitness, but Kai really opened my eyes on both topics, especially fitness. My cardio workouts weren't as efficient as they could be and the need for visual feedback (in front of mirrors) to insure my form is correct for golf specific exercises was lacking. I am incorporating his teachings already.
The golf instruction from Henri, Charlotta, and Mark was top notch. Both on the range and from Charlotta and Mark on the golf course. Henri made sure that each student understood the instruction and felt the difference (in your golf swing) when executed properly. The overall golf instruction covered full swing, a variety of short game aspects, and putting. Often times Henri and Charlotta were both available to teach, demostrate, or answer any questions we had. Their watchful eyes and feedback were invaluable.
The clubs I play today were all fitted specifically for me when I bought them and during the club fitting session it reflected that. But to my surprise, the latest technology can offer me further yards and better efficiency in my irons. No matter what your skill level is, club fitting is a must.
The entire Staff truely made everyone feel we are now "friends for life". I enjoyed every aspect of my visit and highly recommend the Annika Academy to any passionate golfer interested in improving their game. You will not be disappointed. I hope to return in the future.

Visited April 2013
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi Mary Ellen -

Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased to hear how valuable Kai's teachings, as well as our instructors, and your Callaway Club Fitting have been to you already. We too look forward to having you back for a visit in the future. Until then, keep practicing and playing well.

New York, NY
“Incredible Experience - Great Investment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My sister and I have been talking about going to a golf school for a while. We've been playing golf for ~15 years but our game hasn't improved much. We've looked into other programs but we never felt like they were comprehensive enough. It wasn't until my company hosted a corporate outing with the ANNIKA Academy that I felt like I had found the right golf school for us.

During our three day program, I appreciated everyone's ability to instruct me (and my sister) in a way that wasn't overwhelming. Henri, Charlotta, and Mark all took the time to understand our skill level and worked that into their instruction. Their style was so personable that I immediately trusted them and felt comfortable. I recognize that they all go great lengths to make sure that everyone has that same experience. Their ability to adapt is remarkable.

In addition, I felt very lucky to spend so much time in the gym with Kai Fusser. Like many people, I go to the gym often but Kai helped me realize how inefficient my workouts have become. Also, it was nice to spend so much time learning about the exercises I can do so that follow through on my golf swing is strong.

I left feeling really excited about my potential to improve. I think this was the best investment I could have made for my game.

Visited April 2013
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Judy - Thank you so much for taking the time to recant your experience. As you mentioned, we strive for every guest to have an experience like that of you and your sister. We are thrilled to know that our passion for the game and for guests was impressed upon you. Please keep in touch, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fort Myers, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Best Golf Investment - Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was looking for a place to take my wife who was struggling with her game. She was taking lessons from one of the professionals at our club and she was getting worse. When she came home crying and was saying she was going to quit the game. I came across an ad for the Annika Academy and the rest is history. I went there with the intention of this really helping my wife with her game, which it did. What I didn't expect was how much it helped my game. I have been a single digit handicap for many years but the aging process was taking it's toll on my game. Henry and Charlotta helped me develop some swing changes to better serve me as I was aging. It takes work but it has been really rewarding. I know more about my swing and I know what to practice.

Oh, and my wife, her handicap index is the lowest it's ever been and she is enjoying the game like never before.

Wonderful staff, wonderful instruction and great fitness advice...amazing. Do you think we liked it?

Visited February 2013
What a wonderful story of rekindling the passion for the game! We are thrilled to hear your feedback and thank your for taking the time to share it. Our entire team looks forward to seeing you again at the Academy. You and your wife are now our friends for life, and we hope that you will come back and visit.

Battle Creek, Michigan
“Come with high expectations and you get more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I flew down to Reunion and the ANNIKA Academy for 1:1 training with Kai (Fitness) and Charlotta (fitting and K-Vest). The coordination between the fitness and golf is the most professional approach I have ever been associated with - and I have been playing for 44 years, attended other schools, been trained by a Ga Teacher of the Year, and another LPGA player.

Kai focuses not only on the right exercises, but also doing them correctly, exercises to eliminate the most common mistakes, and tells you why - and by seeing you perform the exercises, he can recognize your faults and tendacies. He is also patient - I am not the most healthy senior.

Charlotta equips you in the K-Vest and those same tendacies are shown in full living color, and by number - then she proceeds to fix you. Results? I've been snowed in since November, have not played, not so much as hit a putt in months, was "sore" from working out for the first time in years, and proceeded to play the following day - I played great, and for the first time in a long while, I felt in control of my swing and game.

Charlotta is the best golf instructor I have ever known. Many "pro's" can tell you what is wrong, she will show you how to fix it.

There is light at the end of my golf tunnel and that light comes straight from Reunion Florida and the ANNIKA Academy. I'm back home, it is still cold and wet, and I was on the range hitting balls in the rain because I am so stoked. I am going back, this year, and more than 1 time.

Go to the ANNIKA Academy, have fun, and have high expectations.

Visited April 2013
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hi Bill -

We are thrilled to hear your feedback. We couldn't more excited that you have a renewed passion for the game. Looking forward to seeing you again this year at Reunion.

Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“Perfect Location, Amazing Service and a Priceless Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Parenthood offers few joys greater than seeing your children form life-changing memories right in front of your eyes. We had hopes of watching that happen this past February, when my family and I visited the world-class ANNIKA Academy, in Reunion Florida. I had signed up my daughter, an avid golfer at age 11, for a 4-Day Custom Junior Package. I’m happy to say it exceeded our expectations in every way.

From the moment we set foot in the academy we were blown away with the care, work-ethic and attention to detail. With three beautiful courses and an impeccable facility, tastefully displaying great products and exhibits from Annika’s career, the tone is set for an exceptional golf experience. Pam, Keith and the rest of the team will bend over backwards to make you feel like you’re the only client they have. Private workouts with Kai yield instant results and are jam-packed with extras to help you become a better golfer when you’re back home and off the course. Charlotta’s instruction is focused on permanent, positive change and covers everything from the science of course management to the philosophy and thought patterns of a champion.

It’s rare enough to be able to meet your heroes, but for Annika and Charlotta to give such personal care and nurturing instruction to my daughter was nothing short of life-changing. You can imagine our joint surprise when she hit her first Eagle, on a Par 5 hole, receiving high-fives and instant recognition. Charlotta even tweeted a congratulatory picture of my daughter to her personal Twitter account right from the green. The light in my daughter’s eyes hasn’t faded since.

Let alone that it was a pleasure to get away from the harsh New England winter for a few days. Forget that Florida offers countless entertainment options for families, many of which we enjoyed on the afternoons and evenings after the golf instruction. Those facts alone make for a perfect trip. But in addition, we received the best instruction from warm, friendly, dedicated staff, in an environment that fosters growth, confidence and excellence. It was an experience we will remember forever. My daughter didn’t want to leave and we can’t wait to visit again! Thank you, ANNIKA Academy, for your passion. You make dreams come true.

Visited February 2013
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hi Bob -

It was our pleasure to work with Emily. She is such a wonderful young girl, and we were just as excited as you were to see her make her first eagle during her time with us! We hope to see you all again very soon. Until then, keep in touch!

Well wishes from all of your friends at the ANNIKA Academy.

Amanda Valentino