“No. 1 Golf Academy” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Reunion
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: LPGA legend and Hall of Fame golfer, Annika Sorenstam's boutique golf academy in Central Florida. Golf lessons are available online or on location for individuals, groups, and corporate groups.
New Liskeard
“No. 1 Golf Academy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

For my 50th birthday, my wife Sharon arranged my first visit to the Annika Academy. It was the Soren-Slam package which along with the regular lessons also included a golf clinic, lunch and 9 holes of golf with Annika. For years I had admired her dedication and commitment to become the best. Now I was playing a round of golf with her. It was a memorable experience. I have visited with Annika on a number of occasions since then. She is my friend.
I knew from my first visit, the Annika Academy was for me. Under the guidance of golf instructors Henri Reis and Charlotta Sorenstam, I was able to not only learn, but to understand the fundamentals of a proper golf swing. Along with the fitness program by Kai Fusser, the Annika Academy taught me how to become better.
Since that first visit, I have returned on numerous occasions and plan on continuing. I have been working closely with Charlotta and have developed a special friendship with her. My game continues to improve and I always look forward to my next visit.
For anyone who wants to improve their golf game, I would recommend visiting the Annika Academy. On a recent visit, Sharon finally joined me. She will definately be going back.
Alec Pedersen
Ontario, Canada

Visited March 2012
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hi Alec -

It's so good to hear from you. We are so pleased to hear of your incredible experiences and ongoing relationship with the ANNIKA Academy and our instructors. We are happy to have you and Sharon as friends for life, and truly appreciate and value your kind words.

See you again soon!

Take care,
Amanda V.

Fort Worth, TX
“Exceptional golf instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've been to the Academy several times and always enjoy it. Not only has my golf game improved (and handicap decreased), I've become friends with other participants and still keep in touch with them. The instruction from Henri, Lotta and Kai is always so useful, positive and tailored to the individual. I look forward to this annual trip my husband gives me and may try to make it to the Lake Tahoe session. Good work y'all!!

Visited February 2012
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
It's so wonderful that you have been able to make some of your own friends for life, while becoming one of ours. We hope to see you in Lake Tahoe in 2013! Thank you for your wonderful review.

- Amanda Valentino
New York City, New York
“Best Golf Learning Experience of My Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I signed up for the Major Championship Package that included 4 days and 3 nights at the Annika Academy. This included golf lessons with Henry Reis, Charlotta Sorenstam and fitness training with Kai Fusser.

We also had the privilege of joining Annika herself for a driving range clinic and lunch. It was very cool.

The resort itself was adequate, but the Annika Academy facilities and staff were second to none. For me personally, Kai Fusser changed my life from a fitness perspective, he is a real genius and I will owe him a lot over the years as what he taught me about fitness I will carry on for the rest of my life.

As for golf instruction, they do their best to custom tailor your sessions to your individual skill level and goals. In my case, I am a 8 handicap and I wanted to improve my fundamentals. They taught me in a way that was easy to understand, and more importantly, easy to go home and practice.

I can't recommend the Annika Academy highly enough.

Visited October 2012
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Your kind words, and glowing recommendation are humbling. I will make sure to pass on your review to all of our staff including Charlotta, Henri and especially Kai. Looking forward to your next visit to the Academy. Stay well, and keep practicing!

Thank you!
Amanda Valentino
Lakeland, Florida
“Best Golf Experience of My Life.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am an amateur golfer but the coaches at the Annika Academy treat me like I am a Pro! Since I only live 40 minutes away, I try and visit the Academy as much as possible. Not only have they helped me to become a better golfer, I feel like I have made friends for life. Being a business owner myself, I can only praise Annika and her staff as being top notched. Don't miss this hidden treasure!!!

Linda B.

Visited October 2012
ANNIKA_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at ANNIKA Academy, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi Linda - You shouldn't only feel like a friend for life, but know that you ARE a friend for life. We always enjoy your visits to the Academy. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you for your kind words.

Amanda V.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“My Annika Academy Story”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been working on my golf swing at the Annika Academy for the past five years. The first time I visited the Annika Academy was in 2007 for the Junior Advanced Camp. This was the first time a Junior Camp was offered and I am so happy I was able to attend.

It was during this junior camp that I met Charlotta Sorenstam. We established a great connection, and today I am working with Charlotta on a regular basis. She is my golf mentor and a fantastic swing coach. I am currently a frenshman at Jacksonville University in Florida where I have the great opportunity to play golf at college level. Without the help and support from the Annika Academy and especially Charlotta I know I would not be on this level as I am today.

I would recomend anyone that has a young daughter or son that shows an interest in golf, to enroll them at one of the junior camps that the Annika Academy offers. It is a great place to learn the correct way to hit a golf ball. Today when people see my swing, they recognize that I have a swing very similar to Annika and Charlotta. That makes me feel very good.

Christina Paulsen

Visited October 2012
We are so happy to hear that you have realized your dream and have become a collegiate level golfer, Christina. That's fantastic! Good luck in your first year at Jacksonville University. I will pass your kind words on to Charlotta. Keep practicing, update us on your year, and we hope to see you again soon!

- Amanda Valentino