“Had a reservation, until I didn't” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4230 S. Lakeport St., Sioux City, IA 51106 (Formerly Southern Hills Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Sioux City
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Had a reservation, until I didn't”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Made reservation for 3 night stay in June. Called hotel a week ahead of time to confirm, was told everything was OK. Arrived at hotel and they had no record of my reservation even though an employee read it over the phone to me a week earlier. No explanation and a feeble apology. Had to find EXPENSIVE alternate accommodations due to an event in the area that made rooms scarce. Wrote to Choice Hotels who had a rep call me back. Rep told me that I would receive an email from the Quality Inn with an explanation. Email never came. Since I did not stay there I can't comment on the rooms. But my experience gives the impression of an indifferent management.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Again, Priceline served me well in offering a good value. Quality Inn & Suites was clean, had free WIFI and was located right off the highway. The standard breakfast had some so-so powdered eggs that offered a little protein. They have a 24 hr. fitness room but the equipment is dated. The treadmill is really old and the free weights were strewn about. The elliptical machine was in good shape however.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good room friendly front desk Good value Pool and spa area were clean Also good location for area attractions Guest laundry was a clean area Room was ready for early check in so we could get started with our sites to see The Sioux City Park and light show was a good experience The ladies in the gift shop were more than helpful and the restaurant prices were high for what you got but the food was good This is a great place to spend hours just looking around

Room Tip: Good rooms for all
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mountain Home, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Made my confirmed 9/21/12 reservation for here over a month before my arrival. I have a bad leg and cannot go up or down stairs and my reservation stated I must be on 1st floor or near elevator as do all of my "Choice Hotel" reservations. When I arrived at 8:00 PM they said all they had was on the 2nd floor and no elevator. Manager, Mike Desai said they had a group of senior citizens, with some being handicapped coming that will be taking all the 1st floor rooms. Well, I am a senior citizen and am handicapped but that made no difference to him. He said the best he could do was carry my luggage up the stairs. When I told him he would have to carry me, too, he didn't seem to care at all. His additude was the worst thing about this experience. I had to drive another 40 miles to get a room because everything was full in Sioux City. I may have to reconsider my loyalty to Choice Hotels".

Room Tip: Mike Desal is a terrible manager.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Found this hotel by accident since it was not listed in my Choice Directory. Tucked beside the Comfort Inn, I was told by clerk that it was formerly a Holiday Inn Express. If you are just looking for a good nights rest, this is the place. A small hotel, it has workout room but no pool. Very clean, comfortable, and inexpensive. Extremely helpful desk clerk who went out of her way to find me some tea bags after our late arrival. A very pleasant place to stay. Cozy lobby with filled book shelves and computer for guest use. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Trip Advisor says this was formerly a Southern Hills hotel but my GPS has it listed as a Holiday Inn. Whatever it was, it has only been a Quality Inn for about two months. It looks like they did a pretty good job of fixing it up during the transition. Near shopping and restaurants, but not near downtown Sioux City.

Pros: Very good Wi-Fi connection in my room. Nice room and furniture (except chair, see below) including fridge and microwave. Everything appears to be very clean and well-maintained except for some accumulated dirt on A/C vent and a missing light bulb. Also, the side entrance needs some attention. Nice breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy.

Cons: Bathroom light and very loud fan on same switch, which was annoying. Desk chair stuck in low position; had to sit on a pillow. They switched my reservation for a ground floor room to an upper level (no elevator) supposedly so another customer could have a ground floor room. I checked in at 3:00 p.m. and there was only one other car in the parking lot, so it wasn’t because I checked in late. When I threatened to move to another hotel they somehow found me a room on the ground floor.

Overall a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator.
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The property looks brand new. Our large room featured two comfortable queen size beds with a flat screen TV. It was clean although there was some trash in the upstairs hallway that should have been removed but was left out overnight. The hot breakfast was more than adequate. I cashed in choice reward points for a free stay but I could have gotten the room for under $60 with advanced purchase on choicehotels.com. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!