“It's a poor Choice, it worn out!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Sioux City
NV
“It's a poor Choice, it worn out!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel needs a make over. The rooms are nice a size, the TVs have updated to flat screens, yet they have poor service as all the digital TVs have a snowy reception. The beds are the only part of the stay that was good, as they are very comfortable. However, they need to update the linen and get rid of the nasty bedspreads. The hot tub was low on water and had mold growing on it. The hot breakfast was eggs, sausage and the traditional carb fest. The waffle iron was broken, as only one side would get hot. Spend the extra $20.00 and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear: notop4me

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can report that the TV reception issue that you mention has been addressed. Also, I can personally assure you that the hot tub is shiny and clean. We have been monitoring breakfast and are now rotating different options including biscuits and gravy, bacon, link sausage, etc.

Again, I do apologize for any issues that you had during your stay and do hope that you will visit us again.

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Moorhead, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I booked this room with Travelocity and used the secret room feature. I booked our 1 night stay for $42 including tax. Te first room we went to had obviously been smoked in, we went to the front desk and the gentleman at the front desk explained that that particular room had been converted to non smoking. He promptly and cheerfully moved us to a different room. The room was clean, neat, good size and smelled much better than the first room. The bathroom had some obvious ceiling repairs, but it was clean, the shower worked well and the drain worked. The breakfast was good, with; waffles, apples, bananas, oranges, toast, english muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, juice, mini doughnuts, dry cereal,hard boiled eggs, and a few other things. The breakfast area was fully stocked, neat and clean when we arrived 30 before breakfast was over. Bottom line, I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been at this hotel many times as my company only books in Choice hotels and my options in Sioux City for Choice hotels are very limited. I would have to say 95% of the time when I check in the hotel staff is not at the front desk and a sign is on the counter asking you to use the house phone to call them (not the best welcome you want).

Also I know myself as a Diamond member with Choice Hotels we are not guaranteed an upgrade, but every time you ask for an upgrade you get the canned response of sorry NO upgrades available. I can tell you it takes 40 nights to qualify for the Diamond status and this is the only hotel in which never honors myself in upgrades for being a Diamond member.

This location needs some major updates, chairs / carpets in rooms have stains along with some major cleaner or fresher smell as this carries throughout the hotel along with the very outdated decor throughout the hotel (rooms do have flat screen TV’s though)

If I had a choice of my business stays and needed to stay in this area I would stay at the Hampton Inn across street or the Hilton Garden on the river and spend the extra money.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this location
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Mr. C:

Thank you for bringing your concerns about the hotel to our attention. I understand your frustration and can assure you that your comments have been shared and utilized as a training tool for our Front Desk Associates. I noticed that you mentioned you were not given a free upgrade for being a Diamond Elite with Choice Privileges. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience and will work to ensure that, when available, you are upgraded at the property. We thank you for choosing the Sioux City Comfort Inn and look forward to serving you in the future.

Mark D. Baltushis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We walked in to a suite and the smell overwhelmed us immediately. This was supposed to be a non-smoking room though clearly it had been smoked in, but it was worse than just smoke. A strong musty smell was mixed in with some sort of chemical overload that must have been used to attempt to mask the smoke smell. We couldn't last more than 10 minutes before the kids had to evacuate with the dog and we found another place to stay due to being booked full.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
James S, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel; guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance.
I have spoken with my Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance staff regarding these issues, they join me in offering a sincere apology to you. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed and several steps have been taken to ensure situations like this don’t happened again.
I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience. We hope that with our efforts to improve, you will try the Comfort Inn Sioux City next time you stay in the area.

James G. Serrao
Southwest Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Hotel need work. Does not have an elevator, this information needs to be listed when making reservations with choice hotels. This is not a good choice for a choice hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having an elevator. We do train our staff to accommodate any guest who request first floor or who may have any mobility issues by giving them a first floor room. I certainly agree with getting this posted on our site for our future guests. Thank you again and safe travels!!
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Good value for the rates. Nice pool area with lots of towels and a "hot" tub. All the stuff you would expect, ice, iron, hair dryer, coffee maker with both decaf and tea, plus a hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles and fresh fruit. Try the Mongolian Grill across the street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
James S, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the GREAT comments! My team really enjoys seeing them! It makes their hard-work feel appreciated! Hu- Hot Mongolian Grill is definitely good eating - I never leave hungry. For our guests who are unfamiliar with the city, we are near many other restaurants as well; just to name a few - Texas Roadhouse, Applebee's, Olive Garden, and many more!!! We are also located near the Southern Hills Mall and many other Department Stores if you need to do some shopping! Thank you again! Take good care!
Spring Valley, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed just one night with friends and it was a really nice hotel. the room was very clean, lots of space and comfortable beds. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
James S, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Our staff takes great pride in their work and appreciates the kind feedback they receive. I will be sure to pass this on them! Thank you again!

Been to Comfort Inn Sioux City? Share your experiences!