“Loud and Dirty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4723 Southern Hills Drive, Sioux City, IA 51106 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City-South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Sioux City
“Loud and Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was in town for work and this was my first stay at this hotel. My ears are still ringing. My room was loud until 3am with people above and beside and in the hallways sounding like a party at a fraternity. My room was also not clean. There was long black hairs in the bathtub, spots where it looked like someone sneezed on the mirror, some small stains on my towels and stuff, and dusty. Staff was friendly but not very helpful during noise complaints. I had an accidental wake up call twice during my stay, I was just not happy with the overall service and cleanliness of this hotel. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear jmoe32,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Sioux City, IA.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night and there must have been a wedding party the same evening - because between the loud room next to us and above us; and the kids running the halls - sleep was impossible. We called the front desk and the girl said she would take care of the noise problem, but after an hour we resorted to the fact that she wasn't able to handle the issue. For the price, I expect to have better service and more respectable guests around me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am really sorry that the noise kept you awake during your stay. We want our guests to have the best sleep possible when away from home and are very sorry that you didn't experience that with us. Rest assured I have taken note of your comment and will use this to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for the review and we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I had to come to Sioux City for business and checked with Trip Advisor on places to stay. I am pretty fussy and demanding when it comes to my hotels. I spend nearly 150 nights per year in hotels.

Upon my arrival I was met by two very pleasant young ladies working behind the front desk. I was checked in promptly and seamlessly

My room was spotless, the bed so comfortable that I actually overslept. They have ac outlets on top of the desk. The desk has an ergonomic chair and plenty of room to lay out spreadsheets

I hated to leave, but all good things come to an end

The breakfast was warm and plentiful. I loved the manager chit chat with all of us in the morning

The only improvement this hotel could make that I can see is to get the electrical outlets located above the nightstands for those of us that travel with a CPAP machine

This is definitely my first choice when coming back to Sioux City!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Zebulon, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

After a day driving through terrible cross winds from North Dakota, we needed a relaxing room for the night. We had made a reservation at the Hampton Inn South for two days later, but that hotel no longer exists, we learned -- it is now the Holiday Inn Express! The staff here was wonderful in helping us get hotel plans straightened out, so we decided to stay here since there was a vacancy. Our room was so spacious that we were able to settle in and relax, find a good meal, and then rest some more. Everything we saw about the hotel was first-rate. We could not have been more pleased.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend with other extended family for my mother's memorial service. Rooms were clean, staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even when we took over the whole lobby for our dinner which was catered in. The breakfast was one of the best we've ever had at a hotel. My grandkids loved the pancake maker. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kirkwood, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I am here right now and this is a very lovely hotel. It is in a perfect location, and typical of Iowa, my room overlooks
A windmill and barn....love it. Situated near lots of amenities across from Southern Hills mall. Rooms are immaculate,
Modern, large and comfortable. This is my new favorite hotel in Sioux city. Side note....the pancake maker is awesome.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ramona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I were on our summer vacation, seeing some relitives of my father - in - law in sioux city. We checked into this hotel and planned on being here for 5 days. It was a incrediable stay. Rooms were clean and wonderfull, The pool was warm and very well maintaned. Staff was wonderfull and very attentive to you. Breakfast in the morning was by far the best you will find with a wide range of choices. Hotel was right off the interstate but you did not hear the sounds of traffic. Got to catch a couple baseball games right near the hotel.
My family (wife and 2 kids) will not stay at any other hotel. We are very spoiled with the great service we get at Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Any room is good.