“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Spent a night on a road trip and it was clean and very well run. I've been impressed with Super 8 lately...the newer ones offer higher quality for the lower rate. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

During our cross country road trip, we stayed at Super 8 south side. It was very clean. Good location right off from 29 with plenty shops and gas stations nearby. Upper floor rooms recommended. Friendly receptionist. Reasonable prices found on Internet.

Stayed July 2014
Sioux City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

When I first got to the hotel, I was assigned to a second floor room, which I did not want. I entered the room and realized that it was not very cool. I then checked the air conditioner, and found that it was not working properly. So, I went downstairs and asked for another room. That room had an air conditioner that was OK.
I slept ok that night.
In the morning, I came down for breakfast and noticed that there was a customer at the front desk. The attendant did not smile at him at all, and then started to argue with him. They went back and forth for several minutes. It made me feel uncomfortable. When I checked out later that morning, she was better with me. I checked out without incident, and went on my way.
The place seems old and the floors were creaky beneath my feet in the hallways. It smells musty. The staff were not as friendly as they could be.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Sioux City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Business trip. Quick overnight with great location right off I-29 and variety of places to eat within a short drive. Clean bed and shower, decent night's sleep and easy back on the road in the AM.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Timmins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

when we arrived at the Super 8 it after six pm and they only had one room left which was a smoking room.

Before accepting the room we asked to see it so we could judge how bad the smell was. Since we are ex-smokers we knew that the smell could seep into our suit cases and clothing. Upon entering we were bombarded with stale cigarette smell but the room was quite impressive and it was the last room available.

The receptionist told us that if we wanted to take the room she would provide us with her personal spray which would help mask the smell. Her spray did a wonderful job. Not only did it mask the smell but I think it actually eliminated it because our suitcases and clothing did not smell the next day.

This receptionist went over and above her duties and because of her we had another great experience at a Super 8.

I would recommend that odor eliminator sprays be used in all the rooms, smoking or not. It makes a great impression when you come back from dinner and are greeted with a clean and relaxing odor upon entering your room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Sioux City South? Share your experiences!