We enjoyed our stay at the New Victorian Inn. Room was decent, beds were comfy. Front desk clerks were friendly at both check in and check out. No coffee machine in room but coffee was available at breakfast, a slight inconvenience. Nothing fancy, but a comfortable room at a great price. Our room was in the back near the railroad tracks (read about warnings in other reviews) but we didn't hear a thing all night and slept well.
We were traveling with a larger dog and when booking reservations, I discovered many hotels accept pets but they either have size/weight restrictions (like 15 pounds or less) or very high pet fees (non-refundable) or both. These restrictions are not always disclosed on the hotels websites. Rather than book a hotel that just said pets were allowed, I needed to call first to confirm they'd accept a larger dog. Mine is close to 70 pounds and it wasn't easy to find a place that would allow a dog of his size. New VIctorian Inn said they didn't really have a size restriction (might have said 70 pounds) so I continued with the on-line promotional reservation.
Nightly cost was just under $65 for a two queen room with a $15 non-refundable pet fee. There was a full page pet policy for me to sign which protected them from unnecessary damages and protected other guests from annoyances. I was a bit leery at first thinking I should have them check the room before we left to ensure no surprise damage fees but when I suggested it at check out, the clerk said it wasn't necessary and we didn't have any problems.
Since my son and I were traveling cross country, we wanted to make sure the dog could get some exercise before heading back on the road. Went to the Lewis and Clark Dog Park in Bacon Creek Park, about 10 minutes away. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- New Victorian Hotel Sioux City
- New Victorian Inn And Suites
- New Victorian Hotel
- Baymont Inn Sioux City
- Sioux City Baymont Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the New Victorian Inn & Suites we pride ourselves in making our guests feel as though they never left home. Whether traveling on business or pleasure you will be welcomed by our friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms and numerous amenities. We are conveniently located off I-29 at exit 143, just minutes from shopping, restaurants, golfing, bowling and a riverboat casino, just to name a few. Our great amenities include a 42" Flatscreen TV in all guest rooms, a heated indoor swimming pool and hot tub, complimentary hot breakfast open extended hours, and a fitness center. Our friendly staff is always ready to help with whatever you may need from directions to a local attraction to a recommendation for dinner. Whether you've come to Sioux City for business or leisure, we're happy to have you be our guest at the New Victorian Inn & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your New Victorian Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.