“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We got Diamond Thai for New Year's Eve and it was delicious! I had forgotten how much we love this place! Great food with lots of options, great prices, and they don't skimp on portion size. (I had the chicken fried rice and some spring rolls this time. Would pick this over the casual dining chain restaurants in town every time!

(Hint: their menu is available on their Facebook page, so check it out ahead of time to plan what you want to order)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

McCook Lake, SD
“Fabulous everytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

It you like Thai food, you will love Diamond Thai. It has terrific food with excellent service. It is definitely one of our favorite places in Sioux City to ear. Although we have eaten there many times, and taken-out food from there even much more often, it has never failed to be tasty and wonderful!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Excited to find Thai in Sioux City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I saw the commercials Diamond Thai had on local TV and was really surprised Sioux City had a Thai place, I love Thai but usually have to go to the Cities for it. Went with a group shortly and we all loved the dishes we got. For appetizers we got the fried vegetable spring roll and some sort of sweet potato fried wonton with an assortment of sauces - I don't usually like sweet potato but it worked with the spicy sauces and crunchy wontons. For a drink I got the iced tea and another person got hot tea. The iced tea was okay, a little strong/no sugar but you could drink it. For the main dish one person got coconut chicken, one person got ginger chicken, one person got red curry with shrimp, and I got one of the curry like dishes which was a few syllables thrown together and I can't remember the name. Mine had green beans, cauliflower, corn, and beef in a spicy/gravy/garlicky sauce, it was very good and flavorful. I tried the ginger chicken and it was also savory, and I tried the red curry and it was to die for - I am having it next time. Also for the sides, I ordered garlic rice (everyone agreed they would get that next time - not overpowering garlic but adds a nice flavor), but the jasmine rice, sticky rice, and brown rice were good too. The décor was nice and the server was very friendly and bubbly (if hard to understand). I definitely plan on going back to try more of the menu! Prices were not bad at all, most main dishes around $7-9 if I remember. Portions were just right, not huge 'Olive Garden' portions but a good size plate that filled you up.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sioux City, Iowa
“I LOVE Diamond Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I absolutely love Diamond Thai! It is a cute little place with AMAZING food! The best part about Diamond Thai is the service, it's absolutely excellent. Also, you can bring your own alcohol which I enjoy because you can drink for cheap! If you haven't been to Diamond Thai - GO! I don't know what you're waiting for.

Iowa City, Iowa
“A Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We recently moved back into the area from Iowa City, which had a rich culture of different ethnic foods, so this was a nice find! According to the precious reviews I knew we were in search of a sketchy looking place, we went there in the dark but it was actually pretty easy to locate and it wasn't THAT bad! Once you were inside the decor was nice and once you taste the food you'll forget about everything else! There were a lot of families in the restaurant, so it's kid friendly! We ordered Red Curry and #52 a flat noodle dish, we also ordered spring rolls because the waitress promised they would be good! The spring rolls with meat were amazing, my husband said it was worth a trip back just for those! Both of our entrees were great, the curry was a little more spicy than we were used to but we're not too adventurous when it comes to spice! The flat noodles were amazing and the veggies were super fresh and were cooked perfectly! We both ate way too much! Our bill was only $25!! What a steal! We will definitely be returning soon!! Thank you Diamond Thai for bringing authentic food to Sioux City!