“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City

You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 3rd Street, Sioux City, IA 51101   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Sioux City
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for USHL Falk Classic. Great value for nice hotel. My review might be different if we brought the kids mostly because the breakfast and vending was lacking a little. But since it was just us adults and some friends, it was a great stay. Bar area is really nice and not over-priced. Our 'check-in' didn't go the best, but the service was good overall.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stay in Sioux City regurlarly because our son plays football at the local college. Once we found this hotel we would not stay anywhere else. The service is top notch everyone you come in contact with from the front desk person to the cleaning people are always so friendly and helpful. The hotel is Immaculate and the breakfast is above what you normally get at other hotels. We have recommended this hotel to other parents staying in the area and none have been disappointed. We stayed this weekend and even though the hotel was full for a wedding you would not have known it.. You do not hear other rooms water running or people talking in the halls or their room.. Thanks again Stoney Creek having such a great place to stay in the Sioux City area.

Room Tip: We have stayed in all levels of rooms thanks to being a rewards member.. If you want to stay closer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Milbank, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for five days, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. It was very clean, quiet, and the decorating was as nice as any hotel we have ever visited. The lighting in the lobby and their great room was very unique. The breakfast room was verty clean and things were replaced in a timely manner and the workers were friendly and helpful. I would definitely make a return visit to Stoney Creek and my vote would be the only place to stay in Sioux City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel with a very helpful and friendly staff. It was very clean, quiet and had nice amenities. They offer a free breakfast in the morning that was great. There is also a nice bar inside. Just a minute drive to I-29 but I couldn't even
hear any of the traffic. Worth a stay for sure. Amanda at the front desk was very friendly and super helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a cottage for the first stint if my stay. It was really nice. It has a kitchen including a full size refrigerator. There is no stove but the double hot plate worked fine for what I needed. The microwave is huge. It's also a conventional oven. I usually travel with a George Forman. The counter space was large enough to accommodate my needs. There is a breakfast bar type table in the kitchen. From the kitchen you walk into the bedroom. There is a slight divider that leads into a living room area. There is a foldout couch and a comfy chair to relax on. Oh did I mention both areas have a 42" LCD? Yeah. They do. From there you have the balcony. I had a view of the railroad tracks. I hear there will soon be a Hard Rock casino across the street. I suppose the view will somewhat improve by then.
I also got to stay in one of the themed cabins. THEY ARE NICE! Very roomy and there's a hot tub in your room. The kitchen isn't as useful as in the cottages but it does the trick. Standard size hotel refrigerator. Small bar sink. If your staying with friends and want them to come over and hang out in your room this is the one you want.
There is a really nice swimming pool that is both indoor and out door. Just swim through the divider. The hot tub is medium size fitting roughly 6-8 people. There is a bathroom located in he pool area and a shower to rinse off the chlorine water.
The gym is decent. They have two large LCD tv's, four treadmills, and one elliptical machine. There's also a water dispenser.
There's only ONE washing machine and only ONE dryer. Which kind of sucks. The detergent dispenser NEVER released the tide. I had to go to the front desk and ask for it. They either didn't care it was broke or didn't feel the need to put up a sign warning people it didn't work. The same thing happened with the vending machine on the third floor. All the snacks were warm and melted. Which is fine for chips but not so good for snicker bars.
The cleaning staff were great. The only complaint I have about them was that they constantly spray this deodorizer on your bed and pillows. I'm sorry but it doesn't make the bed smell "fresh" it makes the entire room smell like cheap cleaner. It got to the point I had to leave a note for them to stop spraying my bed with it because it was making me sick to smell it.
The front desk staff were very courteous. They will do everything in their power to help you in any way they can. I just wish there were more than one at the desk during peak check in and out hours.
If you are staying for a long period of time I suggest signing up for the Northern Travelers program. I did and I got a free drink at the bar every night. The points added up pretty quick. I stayed from April - August. I had like 140,000 points I used a them at the bar for food and drinks and I bought a bunch shirts and other items from the gift shop.

• Stayed April 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had to unexpectedly overnight in Sioux City and booked a couple rooms at the Stoney Creek Inn. They came to the FBO at the airport with a shuttle to pick us up. Friendly, prompt driver. Check-in staff were friendly and checked us in without incident or delay. Enjoyed the bar for a pint and headed to Famous Dave's next door for supper. The rooms were clean and quiet. They all had a "cottage" style which was cute. Bed was comfortable and I had a good night sleep. Used the pool as well and it was nice. All in all I don't have anything bad to say about this place. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: there's a train track that runs past the back of the hotel so it might be advisable to get a roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cherokee, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed there and love it every time. Easy to get to and soon will be just steps away from a Hard Rock Casino. Comfy beds, great breakfast. My daughter loves the pool and that she can swim indoors and then swim outdoors without getting out of the pool. Beautiful courtyard with koi fish in a small pond. This was the first time we stayed in the summer so it was nice to be able to see it .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City? Share your experiences!