“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City

You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 3rd Street, Sioux City, IA 51101   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Sioux City
Cherokee, Iowa
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed there and love it every time. Easy to get to and soon will be just steps away from a Hard Rock Casino. Comfy beds, great breakfast. My daughter loves the pool and that she can swim indoors and then swim outdoors without getting out of the pool. Beautiful courtyard with koi fish in a small pond. This was the first time we stayed in the summer so it was nice to be able to see it .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wow this was one of the cleanest and lovely hotel I've stayed out for a while. It seems very new the staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was super large with a walk in shower and was spotless.
But they seem to have made what is to me a huge cost cutting building mistake. You hear every step the person above you makes in their room. We must have had a pacer because it was well after midnight when big foot stopped walking around the room. Neither my wife or I could sleep with the constant walking. It was not as bad or second night, he seemed to have nested early but each trip to the bathroom could hear. Now I'm a big man myself and I felt sorry for anyone in a room below me because I could feel and hear that I was noisy and was trying to walk easy.
The hot top is beautiful and large but was very dirty you could see all the dirt in the bottom. Having a tub myself I opted to avoid that. I did use the pool and when I ask a staff member why the water had a different color kind of turquoise I was told it's probably dirty. That didn't give me a warn fuzzy feeling. But maybe she was just being funny. The pool area inside and out was wonderful.
Breakfast was as per usual at most hotels but there were plenty of tables and you were not rushed or crowded.
Yes I would probably stay here again when I'm in Sioux City, but I will ask for a top floor room. I probably won't use the pool or hot tub. My advice is get on the top floor to get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Get Top floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Stoney Creek Inn is as elegant as a Residence Inn. The walls are thick so the hotel is quiet and peaceful to work in. They have a beautiful lawn out back with genuine rabbits, a pool inside and outside and a hot tub. The free breakfast is perfection. The rooms compare to the Homewood Suites. They have "cottages" with kitchenettes, refrigerators, outside decks and beautiful views of the Missouri river and the bridge to Nebraska where Wallyworld is less than two miles away. There is a casino on the river and world class restaurants close by with seating close to the river. You will love it!

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor or any hotel and at the end if possible. They are building the Hard...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Glenwood, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Bunk bed Suite for a family of 4 and absolutely LOVED it!! So much room, tastefully decorated and very clean!! (And believe me I am picky on cleanliness!) beds were so comfortable too!! We stayed for 2 days and it was absolutely wonderful! I didn't want to leave!
The hotel is located directly across from the Sioux City event center so my daughter an I walked back and forth from the event we went there for. So very convenient.
My one and only complaint if you even want to call it that is the pool is a bit small and get crowded easily with rambunctious kids at times. And there were no towels at the pool when we went. But all things considered this is still my absolute favorite hotel in the state of Iowa!! I honestly can't wait to be able to book here again.
If you are wondering if you should stay here...hesitate no longer. BOOK IT NOW!!! You won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2013
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Was in Sioux city on business and absolutely loved this hotel. The whole place had charm. When you walk in, it has the feel of a lodge. Everything smells brand new and the staff is very friendly.
I liked the rooms because they were bigger than your average hotel room. Everything is nice and the bed is extremely comfortable. It was the best sleep I've experienced in awhile.

Breakfast in the morning was complimentary. The room was also very affordable! This is a great place. I wish there were more like this one.

Would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Sheri V, Thank you very much for the kind words. Since our goal for every guest includes making wishes come true whenever we can. I’m happy to tell you there are 11 other Stoney Creek Inn’s in the Midwest; some bigger, some smaller, but all very lovable. Also, we have broken ground for another, very much like our Sioux City hotel, in Independence MO. Hope to see you soon at any and all of these! Thanks again.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Looks like an old-time hunting lodge in the Colorado mountains! The front desk staff was nice and very attentive. The room was clean quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best that we have com across in our recent stays! Two waffle irons... genius!!! The biscuits and gravy was a nice touch, everything you could want including juice and milk... Close to everything downtown the casino is just across the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Located just of the I29 in downtown Sioux City it's the Ideal base to discover the town and the coutry side.
Hotel room was well furnished with a good big flatscreen TV a fridge and a microwave.
The individual airco was good but a bit noisy so don't set it to cold at a hot night.
I was on the 4th floor corner room looking out over the rail line but did not hear much the train as the windows are well insulated so the horn was very subdued...
Hotel has a bar and a breakfast room... bar was OK but the breakfast is a bid to frugal with paper plates and plastic... it does have a waffle maker and cereals but if you are looking for a full breakfast you better go outside..
Staff is helpful, beds were made up each day and clean towels provided.
So if you want a bit more quality and service then the large chains will give you Stoney creek inn is a good choice with the best price/performance ratio for Sioux City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City? Share your experiences!