“A new standard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City

Save Saved
You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Sioux City
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
“A new standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at stoney creek for 6 nights while setting up one of my new clients in the Sioux City area. While I was fully prepared to have a typical business trip week, I can honestly say that I felt at home here. Everything about the place is comfortable as can be, the staff is warm and personable and go out of their way to take care of you.

Not only would I, I WILL be staying here in the future as I will be visiting the area on a regular basis now, Stoney Creek Inn will be my home away from home :)

Location was not bad, nice to be so close to the highway and tyson center; the train could be annoying at times but after a few hours I forgot trains came through there - they are really not all THAT loud.

Of course there's always something, for me that something is the wireless access. As someone who makes his living online and connected, I found it to be a bit slow during peak times.

Room Tip: Try to pick a streetside room, also if you have a 4G tethering on your phone or MIFI device, use tha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Okay...it was a stuffed alligator which is part of the hotels "bed buddy" program. But it got you to read my review right???

Was in Sioux City on businesss and my preferred hotel did not have any rooms. So as much as I hate change, I got on Trip Advisor and found the Stoney Creek Inn! Wow.. what a gem of a hotel. From Check in to check out. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, very spacious, and the rate reasonable.

As some other reviewers have said, the hotel doesnt have a resturant, but Roxanne in the Bar was more then happy to not only suggest places that deliver food, she also placed the order for me and others. (a little above and beyond here if you ask me, but greatly appreciated!)

Breakfast was very good and plentiful, Pool area was clean and inviting.

Overall rating is 5 out of 5 for this property. Bad news for my preferred hotel in the area. Im going back to the Stoney Creek Inn. The property is great! The friendliness of your staff...esp Roxanne, and Tobi are well deserving of some KUDOS!

Now what would a review be without some constructive criticism.... The only area for improvement is outlets near the bed for CPAP travelers. Although there are outlets located next to the bed they are used up and are behind the nightstands. Many other hotels have been replacing lamps with outlets in the base of them to allow the plugging in of CPAP machines.

Room Tip: Stay on fourth floor if possible. ask for street side room if light sleeper as there is a traintrack...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

What a surprise! Not that I expected a bad stay, but come on' it was a "work related convention," and the name didn't ring a bell when the company normally places us in Marriott Residence Inns/Fairfield Inns, or those Extended Stay Inn and Suites (Shoe box with a Kitchen), Crowne Plazas, The Sheraton Hotels, the Hilton's, the Wyndhams, the Hamptons, and even the Ritz and Plaza while in NYC- THIS IS THE ONE I WILL REMEMBER!!!!!!!

First off, forget EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT A HOTEL STAY. These guys create an "experience." From the moment you drive up in view, you know this place is different.

They thought out EVERY aspect of the atmosphere, character, and comfort of the clientele and guests from arrival to departure. A large "Upscale lodge feel" with the ambiance of a fireplace, well thought out natural light, gorgeous wood trimming throughout, several sitting areas throughout the Hotel inside in casual elegance with the ease of your own living room with cozy fireplaces, to the Hotels Wonderful Bar/Lounge which is the ultimate place to unwind to a HUGE selection of both domestic and imported wine, lager, pilsner, or spirit at moderate prices amongst good music, and the most comfortable furniture placed throughout the Hotel, and alas one of a few courtyards to take a private call, (your personal outdoor "War Rooms," to the state of the art convention rooms with their great natural and artificial lighting, high quality sound, and again comfortable chairs vs. cheap "straight-backs." A media room exists for faxing, computer access, printing etc, as well as high speed WiFi for your laptop or smartphone to take advantage of-at no extra cost!!! Just request a temp key from the Lobby Desk.

The customer driven planning also shows in their "recreational building," (my name for it) which houses nothing short of a small waterpark-indoor pool, slide, hot tub, and seclusion from the quiet almost romantic Montana Western lodge Style Ambiance of the elegant and not "indulgently rustic" Hotel area, separated by another grand courtyard area with plenty of covered areas for relaxing. Whether you want to work hard or play hard, this "Bed and Breakfast, Lodge, and 5 Star hotel Ultra-hybrid" all rolled into one screams "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT THE MODERN BUSINESS and FAMILY HOTEL- MEET THE LODGTEL, BED & BREAKFAST!, WELCOME!!!!"

This sets a new standard of what all hotels COULD be, and offers an experience you want soon forget. The staff are eager to assist you when ever a need or question arises. The public bathrooms in the convention area are impeccably clean, and the news plays in wide screen TVs built in to the mirrors! The catering area is top notch-as was the delicious food.

Alas, the room. Huge ceilings, spacious bathroom, mesmerizingly comfortable beds with deluxe linens, and a comforter that reeked of the best smelling fabric softener I have ever smelled. Not ONE SIGN OF A SMOKE SMELL, (except maybe my clothes from stepping outside the Lounge to the courtyard ;). The wide screen TV, every amenity you could imagine-and a couple more(including a gift shop stuffed animal of very high quality-mine was a polar bear I brought home to my wife) waiting to greet you, and keep you company :). What else can I say, if your in the Sioux City area on business, pleasure, or visiting-YOU WILL NOT REGRET A STAY HERE. Wow, a Hotel in Sioux City that is a destination all it's own- but don't take my word for it!!! I am 100% sure you will be as taken away as me!

Congrats to this Hotel, who in my mind created the 6th Star Hotel, please NEVER CHANGE YOUR VISION!

• Stayed November 2012
Sioux City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great hotel, close to the action of the Tyson Events Center and downtown. Great staff. I like it that they have Police Officers there on the weekends. Makes it safe. Decent breakfast. Next to Famous Daves and perkins and burger king are very close.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get one of the larger rooms with the hot tub, worth the money!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and daughters while visiting my son in college to watch his football game. The hotel is amazing outdoor theme is carried through the entire hotel but not over dun. Check in was quick and efficient. (took like 2 minutes) staff at the desk was friendly and helpful.. The rooms are really well maintained and extremely clean. Beads were comfortable and everything in the room was new and up-to-date. The breakfast was great with biscuits and gravy. Waffles you can cook yourself. Great selection of cereals, pastries, coffee and juices. Not only that but the breakfast area was very large with an outdoor (porch) sitting area so you did not feel like you were being crowded. The pool and hot tub were well maintained and my daughters really enjoyed them. While we were leaving my wife asked about any discounts for Morningside college activities and not only did the front desk person let us know about the discounts but also their frequent travelers program.. We will definitely be staying here for all of our stays in Sioux City over the next couple of year.. Thanks again you have a great hotel and great people running it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bragg Creek, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I found this property on the internet as I continued our trip West to Alberta from New York State. What a find. I was a bit concerned as the property was located in the downtown core of Sioux City, but upon arrival that was soon displaced.The reviews certainly do the hotel justice. It is a larger facility, with a beautiful front entry and wonderful staff to greet you. The rooms had their own ambience, unique to the hotel. The breakfast provided was very good with lots of selection. I would highly recommend the location, enjoyed the downtown core and its restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Loved the hotel overall UNTIL I checked out with my family (including a baby). Paid in full prior to check in with Expedia - waited 5 minutes to be greeted by the front desk member after I announced I'd like to check in when no one was in line in front of us. Good stay and okay breakfast then checked out at front desk - she told me there wouldn't be a receipt since we paid online. Okay great - after leaving I checked my account balance and they had charged me $100 for "incidentals" that would eventually drop off since we didn't have any incidental charges. I have never been charged anymore than $1 for a pending incidental charge. Called the hotel - they stated that's what they do and it's up to my bank when it would drop off my account - nowhere on the site or expedias site did it say ANYTHING about some massive deposit or incidental holding of MY money. To say the least, I'm really ticked and they were of no help. Expedia even said they were shocked at the amount pending. Bottom line: never again!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City? Share your experiences!