“Ants in The Bathroom” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Martin Miguel de Guemes 4718, Ciudad Evita 1778, Argentina   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Ciudad Evita
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Ants in The Bathroom”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Perfect Room, Great Service from early morning staff - and very average from late afternoon staff, Great price.......till we checked out. We were quoted 120$ US for a day room rate, we arrived at hotel and were checked it without any problems Friendly Efficient Service (I Think His Name was Marino?) from the staff on duty at 06H30am (July 17, 2013.)

We arrived in the room to find the bathrooms crawling with ants many of which were dead already on the floor. We were not worried about this as we only needed a bed to sleep at this time so we did not inform the reception. We had a good sleep (The Beds are very comfortable) prior to our flight.

We went to check out of the hotel and we were told the rate was now 190$ US, we complained that this is not what we were quoted, they then charged us the 120$ US initially quoted after some deliberation (and a long conversation between the two ladies at reception in their own language disputing this is what we had been quoted (Rather Rude in the First Place.)

When we told them that there were ants in the bathroom they seemed to dismiss it as being a once off and possible something that had occurred during our occupation of the room?, however this was prior to us occupying the room and by the number of dead ants on the floor at least a number of days prior to our arrival. (had the room been cleaned or inspected prior to our check-inn?). When I showed the receptionist photos of the ants as evidence she seemed to take it a little more serious than before, I think it was now a concern as there was proof of the incident.

If for no other reason, the attitude of the ladies at reception and their way of dealing with this particularly crawly situation at hiked prices will prevent me from recommending, or staying at this hotel again.

I Have indicated service as Poor, Value as Poor, Cleanliness as Poor and Rooms as Poor (this is Indicative of the Two Ladies at Reception on Check out at 14H00 on July 17, 2013) however the rest of the staff in the hotel were both attentive, friendly and efficient. If there were no ants in the room and the ladies were more friendly and efficient the rating may have been completely different.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudio F, Manager at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Tony:

First of all, and on behalf of Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport appreciate your visit to our establishment, just as well, and in relation to your comments, we really feel very sorry and apologize for your experience, I honestly do not find an argument logic to explain why something that had never happened to us, but we certainly never again happen again.
for it and we thank you again for your comment, and for the opportunity to know and be able to improve it.

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Costa Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My stay over at this Holiday Inn was a good one. For one, the hotel is extremely clean and takes on a modern yet elegant look. I had no problems with towels and the maid service was on point. The customer service was excellent, I could not stress that enough. The desk staff all spoke fluent English, which was a definite plus, because my Spanish is no bien. Moreover, the desk staff was extremely personable, warm, and went out of their way to make our stay a good one. For example, they did not have any extra power converters so my girlfriend and I could charge our iPhones, so the staff let us borrow his own personal charger. That was definitely a first for me. Anyway, they were very responsive to what we requested from our stay and we could not recommend this place more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dario B, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Cjsample,

First of all, and on behalf of Holiday Inn Ezeiza Airport I appreciate your recent visit and the time taken to respond to our satisfaction survey. We are very glad to receive your comments and thats are an incentive to keep and improve every day the quality of our services.
We will be very pleased to have you again as one of our distinguished guests.

Kind regards,

Dario Barsellini
GSM
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The highest compliments go to the staff of this hotel for their delivery of fantastic service and wonderful accommodations.

We are platinum priority club members and were upgraded to a suite, given free breakfast each day we were staying and treated like royalty while we were there.

The receptionists at the front desk speak very good English as does the manager in the restaurant (some of them having actually lived in the US).

The hotel has a spa, a pool, free airport transportation.to EZE, and in our case, free breakfast. It is quite a ways from downtown - so if want to stay somewhere close to the city center of Buenos Aires - this is not the place to stay. If you want to stay somewhere close to airport, this place is perfect.

Transportation to downtown is unreliable, but the public bus #8 will take you downtown. It's takes about 2 hours to get there, however.

There are two people who are at hotel who made our trip memorable and simply a delight to stay: Micallea - the Front Desk receptionist and Facundo who is one of the hotel's bellman.

Micallea helped us tremendously with arranging transportation getting downtown and who was very sensitive to helping us - two tourists from the United States who had never been to country of Argentina before. Plus - she is gorgeous, which always helps when you have to deal with people who are in the service business.

Then there was Facundo, the bellman... who noticed one day that we were standing by the wrong bus stop outside of the hotel and who gave us great advise about getting around once we got downtown. It was because of his awareness and insistence on delivering personal service that our stay was amazing.

Stay at the Holiday Inn Ezeiza if you want a memorable trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudio F, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of Holiday Inn, we appreciate your visit and your time to tell us about your experience with us.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The rooms are large with well equipped bathrooms. The shower was a bit weak and lack hot water. In terms of location it is great for transits, since it is very close to the airport. If you want to go downtown, this hotel is not meant for you because it takes 30-40 mins to drive there. The restaurant at hotel is quite decent. One big no no is that I was not very impressed with the free shuttle service. I had to wait 20-30 mins.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Joe C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy that you liked the room. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the shuttle service. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bellinzona, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport is the perfect hotel if you need a confortable place to stay. It is full of conforts, the staff is very kind and professional and the rooms are extremely clean. There is a SPA with swimming pool.
The hotel offer a shuttle from and to the international airport. The shuttle is free during the day, otherwise you can ask for a payable taxi. They have a stand at terminal A (EZE) where you can wait for the shuttle and in 5 minutes you arrive at the hotel.
Should I need a night of rest in this area, I would surely go back to this hotel.

Restaurant Tip: Food is good, but most courses propose meat, so if you are vegetarian you just can eat outside.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had to stay in this hotel after my flight was canceled. At first glance, it seemed nice--fake wine barrels in the bar/dining area, a perimeter overflow pool, a spa. All of that disappeared when I took the elevator up to the room. The hallways were colored red and dark brown, and there were virtually no lights. The creepy, dim hallway felt like something out of "The Shining." Strange, but not a huge deal. The room seemed ok, until I went into the bathroom. The seemingly clean bathroom had pee spots on the seat. I freaked out a little, but it was 2am and they had about 200 irritated airplane passengers to deal with, so I wiped it myself. I washed my hands with no problem until the water turned hot and only brown water came out of the sink. I let it run for several minutes, and it did not turn clear.

Too tired to call the front desk, I headed to bed. The king sized bed for me and my husband only had 2 pillows (most hotels have at least 4), and one was firm and one was soft (they were even labeled that way). So we had to fight it out as to who got the soft one.

I thought the problems would end there, but they kept happening. The next morning we went down for breakfast. I was excited to see eggs and bacon for the first time in Buenos Aires, so I piled it on. Only, there was no flavor on anything. I figured the tables would have some, but there was only sugar on the tables. I asked for salt and pepper and the staff seemed confused. She eventually returned with a very large pepper grinder. I also asked for hot sauce or hot pepper, and since every place in South America so far had some I didn't think it would be a problem. She didn't seem to understand what "ají picante," "salsa picante," or "chile picante" meant. My husband eventually went to the bar and asked for Tabasco--the only "hot sauce" in the entire hotel.

Since we were already having a hard time with traveling and finding food, we took 2 eggs from the basket in the buffet to eat later. It wasn't until we were ready to eat them we realized they were not hard-boiled as they appeared, but RAW. For some reason, they put a basket of raw eggs in the middle of the rest of breakfast.

Our flight was not to take off until 24 hrs after the originally scheduled departure, so we were there for lunch, too. The food was ok, but yet again, no one knew where to find black pepper. We even pointed to the small table with a pepper grinder from that morning. The waiter eventually brought the exact same (and I guess only) grinder to us. I was sure nothing else would go wrong, but then we got dessert. It was a pretty good slice of almond-y ice cream, except mine came with paper still attached to it.

I know the entire situation was not ideal for anyone involved, but this hotel is incredibly horrible. I cannot believe that an international chain has such low standards. They spent too much effort in pretending to be nice instead of actually creating a pleasant environment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Claudio F, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest:

First of all and on behalf of Holiday Inn Ezeiza Airport, appreciate your visit and the time taken to share your experience with us publicly.
assume the criticism as an opportunity preformed to correct, and thanks to this kind of feedback we proceed to do.
hope you come back to show you that we are becoming better.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Almost everything is great in this hotel. Super clean, very nice premises and furniture. Outstanding adjacent restaurant. Good service. Only issue was the A/C did not work as such, it was only working as a heater, the rooms (I know I was not the only one since we had 3 rooms and we all had exactly the same problem) were warm at 24 Celsius, I turned the A/C on and it got warmer (26 celcius). I called reception and was told to keep the A/C off because it was only working as a heater for the entire hotel because it was cold outside, this means there are really no individual A/C’s in the rooms. I opened the window just to get smoke in the room because something was being burned outside, so I had to close the window again and try to sleep in my warm room, being a Mexican I am a warm guy so it was not terrible for me, but it was really bad for my colleagues who came from the U.S. and are not used to sleep at this high temperatures. And it was really a shame because everything else was really superb. Hotel is a 5 minute drive from the airport and they have shuttles running from 6:00AM to late at night (but not 24 hours), I had to pay a taxi to the airport because I needed to leave the hotel at 5:00AM. This is certainly an inconvenient.

Room Tip: Should not make a difference.