Having made the 300-mile trek numerous times from Chicago to Iowa City, Iowa, where two daughters have attended U of Iowa, we have been stymied to find the perfect place to stay. Finding good hotels in university towns usually presents a challenge. But on football, graduation or even Parents Weekends, the stakes are raised and so are the lodging rates. But this year we found the hidden gem off the beaten path in Riverside, 14 miles south of Iowa City. Nestled among the "fragrant" farmlands is the Riverside Hotel, sporting an 18-hole championship golf course, several mighty fine restaurants, a casino and entertainment venue, and attractive hotel. Not gamblers, we did stroll through the casino (smoking permitted, yuk) but then retired to our comfortable, quiet, clean and up-scale room overlooking golf course and farmlands. Sports a nice spa with good massages! A great stay for a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What does it mean to Live it Up? You'll find out the moment you enter Riverside Casino & Golf Resort™. From the magnificent fountains that greet you as you approach the main entrance to the luxurious surroundings of our casino, hotel, spa, golf course, event center, indoor/outdoor pool and multiple food outlets, every aspect of Riverside Casino & Golf Resort™ is designed for one special reason - your total enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Riverside Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Casino And Golf Resort
- Riverside Casino & Golf Hotel Riverside
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort Iowa