“Excellent food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a full service restaurant and lounge. Great menu's with reasonable prices!
Nebraska
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Try the breakfast quiche, and since you're in Iowa, you gotta go for the pork.

Visited October 2011

Princeton, MO
“A-MAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

EVERYTHING here is first class - even the artwork. We ate there for supper and breakfast, and I cannot say enough about the quality and detail of the food presented and prepared. I dream of their quiche!

Visited August 2011
Des Moines, Iowa
“dinner menu excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

salmon and prime rib were outstanding -- good service -- reasonable prices

Visited August 2011
Oakland, California
“Located in Hotel Pattee...great food, service, atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I can't believe that there has not been a review of this restaurant by a "Tripadvisor" yet....but I am more than willing to post the first review. We spent some time in Iowa this summer, going to the Iowa State Fair and visiting friends in the area. In doing travel-planning research for our trip, I came across the Hotel Pattee (see my hotel review) and booked a one night stay. We arrived in the evening, tired and hungry.

David's Milwaukee Diner is located in the hotel -- named for David Jackson Pattee, the man in whose honor the hotel was built, and for the Milwaukee Railroad, for more than 100 years the main employer in Perry. (My husband has memories of traveling to Perry to pick-up "Grandma Rose" at the train station.)

We had a drink at the bar, the "Inter-Urban Lounge" (tried Boulevard Brewing Co. Wheat Beer, yum! -- our favorite for the rest of the trip) and proceeded to the dining room for dinner. As you can gather from above, the theme of the restaurant is "trains and train travel" and the restaurant tastefully reflects that theme.

I ordered the "Cowboy Cut Ribeye" and my husband had the "Iowa Chop". We were both very satisfied with the quality, presentation, and taste of the food. This is fine-dining at its best -- we just happened to be in the middle of Iowa and in the town of Perry. -- who would have thought? Service was excellent.

Next morning, friends joined us for breakfast, and again, a very excellent meal in a beautiful environment. We sat in a booth and enjoyed a fine breakfast with unlimited coffee refills (good coffee, too) and visited undisturbed.

We are going back to Iowa next year for my husband's HS reunion, and I must find an excuse to visit Perry's Hotel Pattee again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere