“Love the rooms! ” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1112 Willis Avenue, Perry, IA 50220   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Perry
“Love the rooms! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The service was excellent. The rooms were clean. The room decor was amazing
. Coworker didn't like the Japanese room too much. But I loved the Loui Armstrong room if you can stay in that room ...make it happen

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at Hotel Pattee as a mini-vacation for a night, and it was wonderful! The staff was friendly and gave us lots of tips on places to go in Perry. Our room, the Italian Room, had a lot of character, and was super comfortable! We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and the meal was DELICIOUS! My fiancee had the veal meatballs and I had the Irish salmon. There was a woman singing and playing music in the lobby which was a really enjoyable way to finish the wine we'd ordered at dinner. Afterward, we went and bowled three games in the basement in the old-school bowling alley. We had an absolute blast! I wish we would've had time to get a massage at the spa, but we can save that for next time! Hotel Pattee is definitely a treat!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Italian room which had a lot of character, super comfy beds, and allowed us to actu...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Rogers, MN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I grew up just 12 miles away from the Hotel, before it was refurbished, but have lived away for decades, now in Minneapolis. I still have family in the area, who always offer me lodging, but now and then I will treat myself to a room at the Pattee and I am never disappointed. I also have gone there for large group parties and had a blast. The new owner/manager gives it a much more personal touch than the previous owners.

LaDonna M.

Room Tip: This hotel is very unique as no room is the same and you can look on line for room that is most appe...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Washington, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband & I wanted to get away during the week, so didn't want to travel very far. After hearing an ad for Hotel Pattee on our local radio station, I looked it up online & thought it looked very interesting. We found it to be very unique with a different theme in every room. Loved the design & style!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perry is a little out of the way if you're in Des Moines, but if you're looking for excellent food, service, and an atmosphere that's second to none, make the drive. My family has Thanksgiving dinner here every year and my grandmother and I often have lunch here when I visit from out of state. Great every time I go.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Well, I guess I will have to go back. The Hotel Pattee is without a doubt the best small town hotel in Iowa. The guest rooms, lobby, bar, restaurant, library, bowling alley are all very well done. Whoever designed the rooms and the public spaces certainly had a flair for decorating and a real commitment to making each room the best it could be. I was part of a larger group and thus had the chance to see several of the rooms. We had a ball going into each others rooms and checking out the details that we found. In my Italian room there was a "kneeler" that may have been part of a confessional in a Catholic church. Too many items to mention but everything was tastefully done. I must mention the bed ( mattress and coverings ) made for an excellent nights sleep. The bathrooms are surprising large and in excellent condition.
I could go on and on but you will just have to check this place out yourself. Give front desk man Nick a call and he will be as helpful to you as he was to our group.
As far as the restaurant goes we had breakfast there and I must recommend the "Pain Perdue" ( french toast ) as that was very tasty. Also, don't forget to check out the 2 lane bowling alley and throw a few frames. Though the condition of the lanes aren't the best it will still be fun giving it a try. Next to the alleys is a hot tub and steam room and a fitness room. All worth your time to check out.
Husbands surprise your wife with a trip here, she will be very impressed and say she didn't know that you had such class to pick a beautiful getaway like the Hotel Pattee.

Room Tip: Go online and look at the photos of the different rooms. Pick one that appeals to you. If you are tr...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

I stayed in the Louis Armstrong Suite! Most divine, beautiful master bedroom and living room i have ever seen. Steam glass shower and deep jet bath tub! I enjoyed there indoor pool, steam room,and bowling alley! Not to mention there bar and drinks was great! Best service, friendly, cozy place! Love Love Love this Hotel!!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Pattee? Share your experiences!