“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Oskaloosa
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed there a couple of nights recently and we have only good things to say about the place. The staff is very courteous and accommodating. Cleanliness also score full points. We also had a hearty breakfast and complimentary treats in our room since we had a Jacuzzi suite booked. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM-ComfortInnOsky, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you Anamika V for your kind words about our Comfort Inn. We hope to host you again whenever your travel plans bring you to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. I had to check in late at night after the office had closed and they still let me check in. The gentleman at the front desk was kind, helpful, and very courteous.
My room was quiet, secure, clean, comfortable, and ridiculously affordable.
If I'm ever in this area again, I will absolutely be staying here.

• Stayed May 2014
GM-ComfortInnOsky, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Clark111175,

Thank you for your positive words for our Comfort Inn Oskaloosa. We are absolutely thrilled that you got a very good value for your money. We strive very hard to satisfy our valued guests during their stay and feedback from guests like you inspires us to continue our zeal and improve on it. By the way, our front desk is open 24 hours so no matter when you need something, just call us and someone will be there to help you. We hope to see you soon.
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

A really solid choice for the money, in an area with few good choices. The room was clean and practical, with a comfortable bed, a large fridge and serviceable microwave, decent breakfast, nice pool, good location, right near WalMart and Anytime Fitness. I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GM-ComfortInnOsky, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you mem212 for your time. We are glad that we could make your stay comfortable during your trip to our area. We hope to see you soon at Comfort Inn Oskaloosa whenever your travel brings you to our area.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been staying at comfort inn for years and its just like coming home to old friends and family.sandy,pat and jewel have always made me feel like we are all one big family and thats what makes me wanna come back. I see how everyone that walks in that door is greeted in the same welcome home good friend way. Any first time guest will be won over by the warm friendly staff just as I and many others were. Rooms always clean and comfortable.I would recomend This hotel to anyone that wants a warm friendly place when they are away from home ....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GM-ComfortInnOsky, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear willysgal,

Thank you, on behalf of all our staff and management, for your words of praise. There is nothing more rewarding and fulfilling than to hear such words from our guests. Thank you again for being our repeat customer.

We hope to see you again at your home away from home, and hope to be at our best to serve you. This type of appreciation is what motivates us and keeps us going.
Pipestone, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was the cleanest and quietest night of our trip. The staff was super friendly, she went out of the way to get me a bigger glass for my drink. It was easy to find, next to a Wal-mart. They had an excellent breakfast, lots of room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks Bob for your kind words for our hotel. We appreciate you taking time to share your positive experience with fellow travelers. We hope that this positive experience brings you back to our property and we get another chance to provide you with a superior stay experience.
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Worst Hotel experience ever!!! Not only did I get food poisoning from their breakfast, they screwed up my reservation and wanted to charge me way too much for a room I didn't book, then finally Sat night get into the room I booked and there is blood on the sheets and the floors haven't been vacuumed and the toilet is clogged!! Then they charged my credit card 4 different times for different amounts!!! The "owner" who had to talk to her manager the day before was a complete nimrod and let me tell you and she kept pulling different amounts for the rooms out of thin air and YELLING AT ME in a very loud voice telling me how SHE'S going to WALK AWAY VERY HAPPY and doesn't CARE how I FEEL!!!! I will NEVER EVER recommend Comfoirt Inn in Oskaloosa EVER!!!
Don't waste your time or money!! Hotel is not kept up there are a number of broken items that have been covered up such as the hot tub in the pool room covered by a "stage" with a "fountain" on top of.. BAD hotel!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money!! Hotel is not kept up there are a number of broken items that h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather,

Thanks for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with our property.

You made a reservation for a suite in July for a busy weekend and then changed the room type twice in September few weeks before your arrival. In the meantime, the suite you booked was reserved by other guest between when you changed the room type and when you arrived. Despite it not being our fault, we apologized and offered you substantial discount on the same suite on the second day when it was available. We apologized then and we again apologize now at our inability to give you a free room as you had desired.

At checkout, we even worked with you since your credit card was being repeatedly declined and we distributed the total charges among two different credit cards. There may be some misunderstanding about you being charged 4 different times since our records show that we only charged you for your discounted stay.

Along with you and your guests, more than 70 other guests had breakfast at our hotel on the same two days. We did not receive any complaints since we have operated this hotel about anybody getting sick from our breakfast. We pride on our breakfast and get a lot of compliments from our guests on our breakfast.

I can also say with pride that our staff goes out of their way to serve our customers and make them happy. However, in this particular case, I apologize that we did not do enough to make you happy. I want to assure you that this is not typical experience with our guests and we will take every step necessary so that our guests do not have this type of experience again.
Sullivan, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Traveling to Ames to visit my niece. I only stayed there for one night. Bed and Bedding very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast items were fresh and there was a good variety. The only negative was the towels. They could have been larger and softer. I would stay again if ever in Oskaloosa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oskaloosa
Budget Inn
Super 8 Ottumwa
Super 8 Ottumwa
#6 of 6 in Ottumwa
3.0 of 5 stars 55 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!