“Love the new management” 4 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa
2278 Hwy 63 North, Oskaloosa, IA 52577   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Oskaloosa
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Love the new management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The ONLY reason I am giving this 4 stars and not 5 is because yes the new management is still in the process of trying to fix everything that the previous people did not want to do anything about obviously, but with that being said, me and my boyfriend and my son have stayed here on 2 separate occasions and both for a week at a time and I have talked to the new manager and she is a VERY friendly and caring woman and actually cares about her guests and not just because it is her "job" like most hotels u stay at, she always talked to my son and even made him a slushie one night, which he loved...so just in the time I have been staying here I have seen alot of improvements they already have made and are planning to make but everything takes time, but for the price of this hotel and the amazing hospitality and SINCERE hospitality you get from the manager and the workers and everyone, in my opinion there isn't a better place that's worth your money anywhere around here, the manager is a VERY nice woman and is VERY determined to make the hotel a great and welcoming place for everyone and keep it affordable and I think that she is doing an amazing job...so hope this helps some of you all out n give them a chance cause it really is a great hotel with great people...will definitely return anytime n every time we r in the area. 8

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Creston, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The air conditioner was leaking water all over the floor there was mold in the shower, the refrigerator stunk, and tv channels were fuzzy and barely coming in. If they could do little updates the room would be much better, some cleaning and touch ups would be nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Oskaloosa hotels

Rockford IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'd first like to say that the day we checked in new staff had just been put in place. We were in town to visit friends for a few days and wanted a budget motel as we didn't really need more than a comfortable room to sleep and shower. That's what we got. The room was clean, had good working ac, TV, mini fridge and microwave. The shower needed a new sprayer and the soap dispensers needed to be stocked. As well the grounds needed a little sprucing up. The new staff was very friendly and made sure the AC was on before we checked in. I'm guessing the new staff will be fixing the small issues in time. You can't beat the price for the value in the area. They do a Continental breakfast, but didn't use that amenity.

If back in the area we would consider booking with them again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The man at the front desk was very helpful and friendly despite the fact that I woke him up and the middle of the night. He gave a really fair price and the room was clean. It was a one night stay and I am not disappointed that I chose that motel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Room smelled terrible. Bathroom was filthy. Toilet had urine on it from at least one previous guest. Did not even shower got the heck out of there as soon as it was light out!!! I am a housekeeper in Eau Claire Wi. If I left a room looking like that I would be fired!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Nassau, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I must say I was skeptical when we booked the hotel (with all the other reviews) but as it turned out we ended up loving the place. As my 9 year old son says " It Was AWESOME". We had wonderful time. The place is Excellent for the price!!!!! the rooms including the bathrooms were very clean and best of all... they had fresh smell (not the typical Motel Smell). The staff is kind and friendly not to mention very helpful. We stayed there for 10 days and my kids loved the open space and they made friends with kids of the staff family. All my 4 boys had a great time there. I would certainly go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and I will again in the future. The rooms are very clean, and are very good value for the price. Everyone at the hotel is super nice and friendly. I will continue to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa? Share your experiences!