“Welcome back to the 70's/80's” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa

Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oskaloosa
Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa
You added Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa to your Saves list
2278 Hwy 63 North, Oskaloosa, IA 52577   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Oskaloosa
Rockford IL
“Welcome back to the 70's/80's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'd first like to say that the day we checked in new staff had just been put in place. We were in town to visit friends for a few days and wanted a budget motel as we didn't really need more than a comfortable room to sleep and shower. That's what we got. The room was clean, had good working ac, TV, mini fridge and microwave. The shower needed a new sprayer and the soap dispensers needed to be stocked. As well the grounds needed a little sprucing up. The new staff was very friendly and made sure the AC was on before we checked in. I'm guessing the new staff will be fixing the small issues in time. You can't beat the price for the value in the area. They do a Continental breakfast, but didn't use that amenity.

If back in the area we would consider booking with them again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The man at the front desk was very helpful and friendly despite the fact that I woke him up and the middle of the night. He gave a really fair price and the room was clean. It was a one night stay and I am not disappointed that I chose that motel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Room smelled terrible. Bathroom was filthy. Toilet had urine on it from at least one previous guest. Did not even shower got the heck out of there as soon as it was light out!!! I am a housekeeper in Eau Claire Wi. If I left a room looking like that I would be fired!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Nassau, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I must say I was skeptical when we booked the hotel (with all the other reviews) but as it turned out we ended up loving the place. As my 9 year old son says " It Was AWESOME". We had wonderful time. The place is Excellent for the price!!!!! the rooms including the bathrooms were very clean and best of all... they had fresh smell (not the typical Motel Smell). The staff is kind and friendly not to mention very helpful. We stayed there for 10 days and my kids loved the open space and they made friends with kids of the staff family. All my 4 boys had a great time there. I would certainly go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and I will again in the future. The rooms are very clean, and are very good value for the price. Everyone at the hotel is super nice and friendly. I will continue to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The bathroom was so dirty (the stool had waste in it from a previous guest) that we had to ask for another room. The second room wasn't much better. We wouldn't have stayed but had to get to a family gathering and there wasn't time to go to another hotel. We went to Wal-Mart and bought disinfectant. My wife would not use the bathroom. Not worth the price. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
RCI-OSKY, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Could the reviewer be kind enough to contact the management. As far as the Management is concerned we didn't have any complains like the one mentioned. Why did you post a review after 2 months of stay? Are you even a real guest who stayed at our motel, or a competition who wants to downgrade other motels in town?
Kenosha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This hotel was so dirty and run down. I don't know how they can rent these rooms. The room they gave us was so dirty and smelled horrible. The floors were stained the ceiling was stained from leaking. The sheets and towels were dirty. The blinds were broken. The room smelled so bad you couldn't stand the smell. We got our money back and stayed in a different hotel. BE AWARE......DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Red Carpet Inn Oskaloosa? Share your experiences!