“Small, Ordinary, Over-priced” 2 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Osceola to your Saves list
Super 8 Osceola
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Warren Avenue, I-35 and US-34, Osceola, IA 50213   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Osceola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Greenville, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in town for a family member's funeral. We called ahead and reserved a non-smoking room w/ king bed for the nights of June 21st and 22nd and were quoted a price of $67.99 plus tax per night. When we checked in we were told that we only had the room for one night because they were overbooked. We voiced our frustration and finally the desk clerk said she would give us the room for both nights, but the rate for the 2nd night would be double. Our total bill came to over $200 and there is no way this room was worth even $50 a night. There must have been some event or activity going on that weekend because all the hotels in the area were booked. Therefore, we were stuck. Still not sure how it went from being overbooked to giving us the room a 2nd night. Felt like here we are needing a room due to a death in our family, and they are sticking it to us to make money.

Our check-in was just the beginning. There was a musty odor smell throughout the hotel and also the smell of some foul smelling food cooking. The room we had was on the first floor and was adequate in size. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked which was good as it was a very warm weekend. Those are the only 2 positives I can give you. Where do I begin... The cabinet that the TV was on was pulled out away from the wall and the TV information guide and some other random stuff was behind the cabinet on the floor and cable plate wire not even attached to the wall, the towel rack by the sink was barely in the wall, there was spray paint on the wall by the bed where it appears they were trying to cover up someting on the wall cheaply and not with proper paint and primer, carpet dirty (never went barefoot), one of the arm chairs was broken and another one at the desk was dirty with food particles, the screen was not in window properly so the window wouldn't even shut (husband fixed that), toilet barely flushed and there wasn't even a roll of toilet paper on the holder (just the empty cardboard from the previous roll that nobody bothered to through away), the shower curtain had mold all along the inside bottom, the shower head leaked and squirted water out all over, we were only give 2 both towels so had to ask for extra (should have 2 for each person), the contintental breakfast had very few options and was in a room so small only a few people could be seated at one time, and finally it was extremely noisy both nights with people running up and down the stairs and alot of noise in the room above us. Couldn't even complain or ask for part of our money back upon checkout as there was nobody there. Just left the key on the desk.

Really too bad because we frequent the area often as we have a daughter and other family in the area, but will give our business to someone else from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Super 8 Osceola, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We apologize your stay was such a poor one. You are certainly correct that the entire town was booked and room rates are raised accordingly. We have no idea as a business as to why you were in town. We check in and out on the same date. If you read this you may contact me by telephone to discuss your stay further. Thank you, Linda Shultz - Manager - 641.342.6594
Oskaloosa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This super 8 was one of the nicest motels I have ever stayed at. I travel a lot, so finding a good place to stay is a priority for me, and to find one which I feel the need to write about says something. This motel was exceptional. The service was great; everyone who works there went exceptionally out of their way to make sure that my stay was everything it should have been and more. Linda especially was very accommodating and sweet, and was very much a pleasure to be around. Anytime I was concerned about something or had a question for the staff they answered promptly and took extra time to help me and make sure I was comfortable. The entire building and my room was also very clean and neat, and the food was excellent. I would very much recommend this motel to anyone who needs a place to stay in the region. It’s by far better than any of the other motels around, and it is one of the best I’ve ever had the pleasure of staying at. Thank you all for such a wonderful experience. I will definitely be returning when I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMsuper8osceola, Manager at Super 8 Osceola, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
It's always a pleasure to have nice guests who smile and treat the staff with respect. Thank you very much for your kind words. Hope to see you again.
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stay at this hotel twice a week and the owner and all the employees could not be nicer. The rooms are always clean and the hotel is close to interstae 35. There is plenty of parking for cars and trucks. There are places to eat close by, and there is also a walmart across the interstate. The hotel is an older property so dont expect a five star hotel, but it is clean and what you would expect from any super 8.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so very much for all the positive pluses and knowing we are doing an awsome job. Looking forward to continued service. Thanks, again.

Been to Super 8 Osceola? Share your experiences!