My husband and I stayed here while in town for a family member's funeral. We called ahead and reserved a non-smoking room w/ king bed for the nights of June 21st and 22nd and were quoted a price of $67.99 plus tax per night. When we checked in we were told that we only had the room for one night because they were overbooked. We voiced our frustration and finally the desk clerk said she would give us the room for both nights, but the rate for the 2nd night would be double. Our total bill came to over $200 and there is no way this room was worth even $50 a night. There must have been some event or activity going on that weekend because all the hotels in the area were booked. Therefore, we were stuck. Still not sure how it went from being overbooked to giving us the room a 2nd night. Felt like here we are needing a room due to a death in our family, and they are sticking it to us to make money.
Our check-in was just the beginning. There was a musty odor smell throughout the hotel and also the smell of some foul smelling food cooking. The room we had was on the first floor and was adequate in size. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked which was good as it was a very warm weekend. Those are the only 2 positives I can give you. Where do I begin... The cabinet that the TV was on was pulled out away from the wall and the TV information guide and some other random stuff was behind the cabinet on the floor and cable plate wire not even attached to the wall, the towel rack by the sink was barely in the wall, there was spray paint on the wall by the bed where it appears they were trying to cover up someting on the wall cheaply and not with proper paint and primer, carpet dirty (never went barefoot), one of the arm chairs was broken and another one at the desk was dirty with food particles, the screen was not in window properly so the window wouldn't even shut (husband fixed that), toilet barely flushed and there wasn't even a roll of toilet paper on the holder (just the empty cardboard from the previous roll that nobody bothered to through away), the shower curtain had mold all along the inside bottom, the shower head leaked and squirted water out all over, we were only give 2 both towels so had to ask for extra (should have 2 for each person), the contintental breakfast had very few options and was in a room so small only a few people could be seated at one time, and finally it was extremely noisy both nights with people running up and down the stairs and alot of noise in the room above us. Couldn't even complain or ask for part of our money back upon checkout as there was nobody there. Just left the key on the desk.
Really too bad because we frequent the area often as we have a daughter and other family in the area, but will give our business to someone else from now on.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Osceola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Osceola Super 8
- Osceola Super Eight
- Super Eight Osceola
- Super 8 Osceola Iowa