“the fun place to be” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeside Hotel Casino

You added Lakeside Hotel Casino to your Saves list
Lakeside Hotel Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Casino Drive, Osceola, IA 50213 (Formerly Terrible's Lakeside Casino)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Osceola
Des Moines, Iowa
“the fun place to be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

we have a great time every time we visit the casino the staff goes out of thier way to make you fill welcome. we love the people and the rooms are so comfy we dont want to leave got some snow the last time we were there still had a good time . My friends had as much fun as I did. HAD SOME LUCK ON THE SLOTS TOO.so we all left happy with our money in our pockets

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DirHotelOps, Director of Hospitality at Lakeside Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Jeanette H:

Thanks for your review! You clearly are a frequent visitor and its great to hear that we seem to click on all 8 cylinders when you are here!

I will pass yor kind remarks on to our staff, they do enjoy positive feedback, and we look forward to your next stay.

Regards

Lakeside Hotel Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
West Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Worst night of sleep ever, the heat/air was going on and off every 45 minutes it seemed so I was up every time it went off...towels are pretty scratchy bed was not very comfortable. the whole hotel stinks of smoke, I get that it's a casino but they could do more to ventalate the nasty smell out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Valerie B:

It does sound like this past visit was most certainly different from the positive experience you posted earlier. Not sure why the HVAC in your room behaved the way it did, and depending on your room location, its quite possible that you would have sensed smoke from those rooms nearby. My apologies for your discomfort.

To make sure you are in a more smoke-free section of the property for your next visit, I invite you to conetct me directly and I will make certain that your room will be far enough away from the smoking rooms so that won't affect your experience.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This casino is not a huge Vegas style casino but it has an old country feel with a friendly, down to earth atmosphere. There are plenty of gaming options that will keep you interested. The slot machines need to be updated more often but are still fun. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and are your buddies when you need them. The buffet is good but the special meals, like the prime rib and crab legs,are fabulous! Lakeside Casino is a great getaway when you just need to go out, socialize, and play! Overall a great place to visit but if you like the slots, bring some real money!

Room Tip: Get a room with a good view of their lake. The ducks are fun to watch and the rooms are very clean,n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Christina G:

Thank you taking the time to complete your review. It sounds like your visit was overall a good one and there is definately a Midwestern-friendly feel to Lakeside. We are in the midst of transitioning in some new slot games, so you will find some popular new ones when you return. I will pass along your positive F&B remarks to the Culinary and service teams, they always enjoy hearing positive feedback!

We look forward to your next visit. Let us know if there is anything we overlooked to make your stay enjoyable next time!

Regards

Knoxville, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Love gambling at lakeside. Great atmosphere, various games to play. Always loved the free slot tournaments and the great perks for being a member of the players club. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to play. Food is ok, but is about the same every time we visit. Loved when they would do the special event dinners. Love going for crab legs on Friday night.

Room Tip: Did not stay but love the location
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DirHotelOps, Director of Hospitality at Lakeside Hotel Casino, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Candis R

Thank you kindly for your comments. We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests and players. We believe our gaming floor makes for an entertaining environment and has great variety. Glad to hear you got a chance to participate in one if the Slot Tournaments, they are becoming quite popular. I will be sure to pass along your observations regarding food & beverage to change things up a bit.

We look forward to your next visit.

Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I arrived at the hotel around 7 pm on a Saturday night after making reservations the previous day. At the check in counter I was promptly told that I did not have a room, and she could not find any reservation for me and the hotel was completely booked. She looked at me and told me there was nothing she could do. After looking up my name and confirmation number she said, 'oh, it looks like you checked out this morning.' Of course this shocked me since I had only arrived in town that afternoon. I asked to speak to her manager, to which she replied, 'he's down on the gaming floor and can't come up until 8pm, but you can wait if you'd like.' I asked her to check and see if I had been charged for the room the night before, once again she did not have the power to do this and told me I could call back the next day to check. At no time did anyone seem remorseful of this screwup. In fact, the desk clerks chuckled a few times at my situation. No, one even offered to call around to other hotels for me to help me find another place to stay.

Fortunately, the clerk at America's Best Value down the road was very helpful. They are freshly remodeled and I had a wonderful night's sleep. Not only did I save $100 on my room, I also had the pleasure of dealing with competent staff at the same time.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DirHotelOps, Director of Hospitality at Lakeside Hotel Casino, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
peaboia

Thank you for your feedback. I would like the opportunity to discuss the details of your unpleasant experience, so i can better understand where we failed to meet your expectations. It is hard to defend the allegation that we are overpriced when you didn't have the chance to stay with us and believe that our property is comparable in facilities or value to the America's Best Value property.

Please contact me directly at your convenience.

lejohnson@affinitygaming.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband & I celebrated our 10th yr anniversary @ Lakeside casino & they made us feel very important! An anniversary to remember! All the staffs are great! The cleanliness of the place, the great food, services are all wonderful! We never experience such a thing like this before! Thank you all for such a great services!

• Stayed February 2013
Mrstweety_2003

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. We appreciate positive feedback and we're delighted that the property had the chance to contribute to such a special milestone in your lives. I will be sure to share your comments with our appreciative staff.

We look forward to your next visit!

minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The rooms are gorgeous, with great pillows and beautiful furniture. Our room faced the lake, and they have walk out rooms too. The one thing that I did not like was no coffee maker in the room, but if you walked to the lobby, there was a coffee bar there for the hotel guests. The casino is nice too, and we did have the fortunate exprience of actually being able to play and win occasionally!! I would stay here again. And.... for the record, Phyliss was running the front desk when we were looking for rooms to accomodate our aging parents. She went above and beyond to assist with making certain that they were comfortable. If the management is listening, you should give Phyliss a raise. I have no complaints about this hotel whatsoever.... I WILL be back!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower level are sliding glass door rooms that walk out onto an enclosed yard that o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DirHotelOps, Director of Hospitality at Lakeside Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Believer4ever

Thank you for your review and the positive feedback. We are delighted to hear it when the effort we put into improving the property is acknowleged by our guests. Congratulations on winning in the Casino, we love to hear about it! As for Phyllis, we already recognize here as a star employee and appreciate her sense of hospitality. But thank you for pointing out her performance, I will certainly pass it along to her!

We look forward to your next visit!

Lakeside Hotel Casino

Been to Lakeside Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!