“No place like this on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stirling Range Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amelup
Stirling Range Retreat
You added Stirling Range Retreat to your Saves list
8639 Chester Pass Rd, Amelup, Western Australia 6338, Australia   |
Corvallis, Oregon
“No place like this on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I are from Oregon, USA and we've seen some beautiful places... but we spent a few days at the Stirling Range Retreat in August 2012 and wish we could have just stayed and never left. A truly spectacular, unique, ancient landscape. We climbed Talyuberlup Peak. Amazing. The flora and fauna are amazing. The resort exudes a peaceful, relaxing feel and you will be thinking of your time there long after you leave. [Note: Trip Advisor did not go back to 2012, which is when we visited.]

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have been visiting the Stirling Ranges every since I was in my early 20s and always stayed at the Stirling Range Retreat. I love getting away to the mountains and I even proposed to my now-wife on Toolbrunup Peak in 2013!
We love it here. During the off-season, the retreat is amazingly peaceful and a great place to enjoy some solitude with nothing but the sound of the birds, and an amazing view of spectacular peaks all around. The proprietors are more than happy to cater to your wishes and have often given me a chalet which was in a quiet area.
The retreat is massive and I enjoyed walking around the grounds at sunset. Even when you're not exploring the mountains, there's plenty to do and see within the grounds, such as birdwatching, walking the nature trails, going for a swim in the large pool, and gazing at the Milky Way.
I will definitely return, hopefully again and again, and will only stay at the Stirling Range Retreat!

Room Tip: The chalets are the best value; you get your own kitchenette and privacy, whilst sharing the ablutio...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My partner and I recently visited the Stirling Ranges to hike Bluff Knoll. Stirling Range Retreat was the perfect place to stay whilst in the area. Located right near the entrance to Bluff Knoll the Retreat is in an ideal position for those visiting. The staff were exceptional and very kind. We selected to stay in a caravan as the weather was a little iffy for camping. The camping sites however, offer competitive pricing. Although the caravan was dated it was a unique experience. Be sure to pack plenty of bedding for the colder months as we found it quite chilly. Travelling as a couple from Perth we also packed a TV. Just an idea to pass the time! The facilities were clean and well looked after. The showers also offered hot water which was appreciated after a day of hiking! The views at this place are amazing and the general up-keep of the place is great. Would highly recommend staying at Stirling Range Retreat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My partner and i had the pleasure of staying at Stirling Ranges Retreat in a powered site, the owner was lovely and told my partner and i we could have a spot away from everyone else to have time to ourselves. We had a large spot and Staff were so friendly and the view to wake up to was just amazing!!! i would definitely recommend staying at Stirling Range Retreat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed in a park cabin in both March 2013 and March 2014. We trekked all day amongst the beautiful mountains - Stirling Range Retreat is perfectly located to explore the area.
The park cabin was perfect for a couple. We slept well, prepared easy meals and enjoyed lovely hot showers. Would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We really loved our stay. We found the facilities to be clean and well cared for.

We were staying in our own caravan and our tow vehicle met with mechanical problems while we were down there. The owners and manager of the caravan park were exemplary in their practical assistance. Nothing was too much trouble to them.

The park is full of beautiful parrots and birds and the bush land is full of wildflowers in season.

We will be going back again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My fiancé and I recently stayed here in the camp site and found it to be perfect. The lady in reception was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were only there for the night but used the kitchen and bathrooms dinner and breakfast - facilities were great. Highly recommend

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Stirling Range Retreat? Share your experiences!