“Clean family owned hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orange City
Dutch Colony Inn
Save Saved
You added Dutch Colony Inn to your Saves list
706 8th St. SE, Orange City, IA 51041   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Orange City
“Clean family owned hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend for a family event. staff was polite and rooms were large and clean! New tv was in room. In our king sized bed there were 3 pillows and one in the dresser drawer. We requested one more due to a bad back but was told they did not have extras. A very very basic breakfast is available. We would stay there again

• Stayed July 2012

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel during Orange City's Tulip Festival. We are an older couple so we appreciate the family business aspect of the Dutch Colony Inn. It was a VERY busy week in this town and we couldn't have asked for a more pleasureable experience. Room was cleaned everyday, we were helped with directions when asked, and the place has a home away from home feel. We plan to stay here again next year and would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have never experienced less accommodating lodging. Not only was there absolutely no soap in the motel room (no hand soap or bath soap) but the owner (Joy) was incredibly rude when I brought it to her attention. Breakfast was also a half an hour late and they are the only hotel or motel I have ever had flat out deny a request for extended check out, with only a few cars in the parking lot. Very poor experience, over all!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Orange City hotels

Titusville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I went for a wedding in Orange City, IA and this hotel was selected for the wedding party with a block of rooms set aside. When I was checking in the desk person was more interested in what was playing on the TV across the lobby then talking to me. The room was clean, but for $75 a night I expect better than shampoo out of a little plastic pouch that I needed my teeth to open with in the shower. There was no conditioner. I had to buy some at the grocery store one block over. My room was not cleaned (not a big deal) but left me feeling like they don't care. The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about. Not even a banana or other fresh fruit offered. Hello sticky buns.
There is not much choice if you need a hotel in Orange City, and apparently they know it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back, and especially away from the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hesperia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed at the Dutch Colony Inn Monday night for an interview at the college, and was quite pleased with the service. The staff accommodated a couple special requests quite cordially, and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The owner was a sweetheart, you can tell they love what they do, and they do it with pride. The room was simple, but clean, and featured a very nice 40" LCD Television in the room, an oversized chair to lounge in, a desk, free wifi, and a comfortable bed. The mattress was a cut above what I'm used to for a hotel. Not fancy, no pillow-top or anything like that, but you could tell it was very new, and I slept like a log.

The room rate was also an exceptional deal, and even though there was a convention in town for the local paint manufacturing company, and I got their last room, they didn't shoot the rates sky-high like you see at a lot of the larger chain hotels.

Breakfast was a simple continental breakfast selection, nothing too fancy, but a nice touch, and got me on the road quicker than having to stop in for fast-food somewhere nearby.

overall an excellent experience. It's not often i take the time to review a place online, they have to make an impression on me, either very good, or very bad, and I'm pleased to say these people impressed me greatly! Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I've spent many nights at the Dutch Colony traveling for business. I regularly travel all over the U.S. and I must say that I enjoy staying at the Dutch Colony better than anywhere else. Why? Because this motel is exceptionally clean, well managed, and very friendly. They go out of their way to accomodate any requests. In the past I've mentioned to them that I liked to have a recliner in my room to rest my aching back at the end of a long day. They remember it everytime and make sure that I'm well taken care of. The big chains don't offer that kind of service....
This small town motel represents the best of what a traveler wants.....reliable, clean, friendly and consistant. The owner and employees are always very friendly.

I would recommend this motel to anyone...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I work in Oklahoma and travel to Orange City quite regularly and have over the past 5 years. Ever time I am there I have seen work being done to the hotel. Updating of carpet and paint and furniture. Is it the biggest, most known hotel out there, heck no, but there is alot of pride that is shown in that hotel and I refuse to stay anywhere else. I have gotten to know the owners and they know me by name when I come. Every time I have asked for things they have went out of there way to provide it. I highly recommend this hotel, and will over and over.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Dutch Colony Inn? Share your experiences!