“birthday dinner for daughter” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 13 Restaurants in Okoboji
Cuisines: American
Des Moines
“birthday dinner for daughter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were celebrating my 12 year old daughters birthday. we were able to get a table without reservations on Saturday night. Food was good would definitely go back - prices seem to be reasonable

Visited July 2013

“Stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I don't know who was writing the most recent reviews, but they certainly didn't eat in the same restaurant that I did. We had been in the area for several days, cooking where we were staying, and tonight we decided to treat ourselves and go out. Should have stayed home. (Actually, should have gone elsewhere.)

This place is a dive. Think 1950s "family restaurant" --- that's the impression you get when you walk in. I should have trusted my gut and done an "about face", but in the past I've "lucked out" at some of these places that give you a bad initial impression. We were seated in a booth with incredibly uncomfortable cushions, and when I opened the menu it was the most uninspired thing I've seen in a very long time. B-O-R-I-N-G. Once again I turned down the opportunity to head out the door; my mistake.

I ordered the "special" for Tuesday --- steak & shrimp. It was the worst piece of meat I've been served in a long time. I ordered it medium rare, and it came out medium well. The server said she could have the kitchen make me another one, but after tasting the meat I knew there was nothing that could improve it. It was served with three fried shrimp dumped right out of a Mrs. Paul's box. My wife's salad was a tired, wilted mess that she couldn't eat. She did say, however, that the mahi mahi was pretty good.

If you like bad diner food, then this is the place for you. If you like to eat at the "old place" that your grandfather loved until he was 98, this is the place for you. Compared to this place, the bar food at Barefoot is gourmet fare.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Milford, Iowa
“Good eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This particular restaurant has been in the lakes region for many years. It used to be called the Tail & Ale back in the day. It has a nautical theme, good food and service. If you want a steak though expect to pay for it.

Visited June 2013
Sarasota
“Excellent walleye!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This gem is tucked in the middle of a strip mall and what a find it is! I always order the walleye, as it's the best prepared in the area. All diners have a choice of potato, and their from-scratch twice-baked potato is to die for! Salads are fresh and crisp too. My dining companions always order the fresh salmon and say it's the best also. Service is great and prices are reasonable for the quality received.

Visited July 2012
“Great drinks and wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

I always enjoy dining here. The Oscar and prime rib are to die for. The prices are very reasonable. The service is great. I have never had a bad experience here.