“Best beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Montrouis
London, United Kingdom
“Best beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

you have to understand that Club Indigo is not set up so you spend time in your room. the rooms are strictly for sleeping. There is no telephone and no TV. The whole concept is that you are outside by the pool , the beach and the bar until you are too tired to think. Then you just fall asleep in your room and dont notice the lack of amenities until you wake up in the morning ready for breakfast. Once you understand that you are ready to enjoy the fabulous location, the beach, the huge pool, the great food, and the poolside music.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This resort is in the perfect location. The beach is beautiful and clean. I was blown away by the view from my window. We ate at the buffet and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I was really surprised at the location and beauty of the place. There are a few things that they need to work on. First, the service is not acceptable. Now the reason that I am only knocking off one star for overall rating is because the staff is young and they need to be trained. Some of the things that they did while we where ther was just lack of common sense. One the front desk personal, the small girl with the short hair and blue fingernails( have a dress code for your staff, this is not a rave party) Took our laundry that my husband and wanted to have cleaned by the hotel and counted each and every piece of clothing right there at the front desk. My underwear and night clothes all out for everyone to see. Then she told use that we had counted incorrectly! Now that is just lack of tact and knowledge on how to treat a costumer. They are renovating the old mildew smelling rooms... Another bonus. But do you really need to start jackhammering at 7 am? Come on... A little education of the staff will do wonders for this resort. Once the rooms are done I think Haiti may have a great placefor the world to see... But they need to work on service.

Room Tip: Get a upgraded room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Port-au-Prince
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hands down, great beach location and best ambiance on Haiti's west coast. Best pool. Best food. Very nice personnel. Unfortunately, however, Club Indigo has the worse rooms on Haiti's west coast, especially when compared to it's prime competitors -- Kaliko (best), Wahoo, and Moulin su Mer. i know they realize this because they are currently trying to upgrade over time. Their deluxe rooms, i hear, aren't bad, but the basic room (which is what most people pay a high price for) reminds of a brief prison stint i had in Sacramento, California. Narrow. Painted bock walls. Sagging mattresses. Bathrooms the size of a small hall closet. No TV. But, thankfully, at least they had A/C. I realize it was once a Club Med and that is why it is so basic but why are they charging luxury hotel prices with Motel 6 rooms. I don't get it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Club Indigo Hai... O, Owner at Club Indigo Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments, they are important and they help us improve ourselves every day. As you stated in your review, this property was an old Club Med and you're right, back in the day, Club Med focused more on the outdoor and less on the inside cosmetic side of the rooms because their goal was to get people to stay outside of their rooms and spend money on leisure activities.

Today, as the owners of Club Indigo, we understand the importance of comfortable, attractive rooms as many vacationers come mainly to rest and enjoy some quality time whether it be by the pool, beach or in their rooms. We are working on improving our rooms, but please understand that this will take some time as we are a 225-room facility. We've already worked on a few dozen rooms which we've re-designed with new colors, better furniture and fixtures and of course, better bathrooms. We're adding flat screen televisions as well. We hope to see you again at the Club and please feel free to ask for one of our newly renovated rooms whenever you come back to Club Indigo.

Again, we thank you for your review and value your opinion.
Riverdale, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I enjoyed the resorts and my mother did as well. The resort was well kept and the service was great. We ate at the buffet and we enjoyed the food. It was delicious! Beach was to die for.... So beautiful, so calm and so relaxing... I took a tour of the bedroom and they are fine as well. Nothing five star but good enough to have a great night sleep. Being in a island like this doesn't give anyone the need or the want to stay in the room anyway... so the rooms are not very important to me as long as they are cleaned and well kept.

I will totally go there again! I plan to bring my husband there in December. Hope we can make!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I spent 3 days 2 nights at Club indigo June 30 to July 2 and it was wonderful the service was excellent the food succulent the new renovated room comfortable the beach clean, pristine and relaxing the pool refreshing
It was one of the most relaxing vacation I ever had and I will recommend it to everyone that is looking for a quiet place to spend time with family or alone
During the day on weekend the place has a lot of visitors but there is plenty of space to accommodate everyone but if you get too late to the beach you might not be able to get a cabana for yourself.
I was skeptical about the all inclusive because of previous review and I can say that I was really pleased by the service I went to eat at 21:50 (10 minutes before closing time) and they were plenty of food left to eat. Although the staffs were preparing for next day they were kind enough to accommodate me and let me use the buffet. I only wish that the buffet time schedule were longer to give more time to enjoy the beach without worry about getting food. (Breakfast: 6:00 to 10:00 Lunch: 13:00 to 15:00 to short and Diner 19:00 to 22:00)
On the other end the bar services need to be improved the ticket method is not working specially when you are staying at the hotel but when I complain to the manager they were able to open a tab for me at the bar and charge my room for my drinks Also I wish the internet services were more reliable the hotel advertise free Wi-Fi but you can access Wi-Fi only in the bar area and the signal don’t last a minute so there is no way you can access the internet using the Wi-Fi I wish that the Wi-Fi were accessible in the rooms and more stable and consistent in the bar area

Room Tip: Get a renovated rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Club Indigo is a work in Progress. Closed for over 10 years, this former 'Club Med' property is rapidly returning to its former glory. It is located on the finest stretch of beach on the island. The rooms are not anything to write home about, but who cares, they are air conditioned. You will spend your time in the magnificent pool, the surf, hanging out at the bar or the huge covered buffett, all with the Carribean at your elbow. The staff is as good or better than any I have experienced. The restaurant serves three buffett style meals a day. Its all Haitian and fabulous. The two clay tennis courts are groomed daily by 'Haiti', and he will happily play "ball boy" for you. Snorkling trips leave daily from the "Kaliko Beach Club", a few miles south.. Call Jose. A trip to the island takes about twenty minutes. Total seclusion. Haiti is not for the faint of heart. There WILL be hikups. Seasoned travellers take them in stride.The poverty and lack of infrastructure is astonishing. However, the ebb and flow of the Haitian culture is sanguine and vibrant . In the words of one of our Haitian hosts, "Haiti is poised and eager to enter a prolonged period of hope and prosperity". It is a special honor to experience Haiti NOW!

Room Tip: They will occomodate your needs. Use the room for cooling off and storage. What you came to see is o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greenwich CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a former Club Med that was left in disrepair. There are problems with service at the front desk run by young Haitians who have not been trained in customer service. My room was typical Club Med spartan but the renovations have been done in the A and B sections that now have TV and WiFi in the rooms. Try to request those if you want an upgraded room. On the week-ends it is a mob scene since they provide day passes for $20 which is a lot for Haitians but many who can, take advantage. Get to lunch before 12:30 or it is slim pickings at the buffet.

The beach, water and view are breath taking.

History: this originally was owned by a Haitian family before the It was given to the French two regimes ago. I guess it was run as Cub Med then. When Aristede came in, it was eventually abandoned by the French and a Haitian family took it over. I'm not sure if it was the original one but it is obvious there are many attempts to refurbish the resort.

Room Tip: As a few others have stated, request A or B, work is in progress in the C block and Internet is avai...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Club Indigo Hotel? Share your experiences!