“The best I've stayed in!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Newton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 West 19th Street South, Newton, IA 50208   |
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Newton
Chicago, Illinois
“The best I've stayed in!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work, so I say a lot of Days Inns.I've also stayed at different hotels in Newton Iowa.Nothing and I mean nothing in Newton is it modern and updated as this Days Inn.The staff is super friendly and helpful, the rooms are amazingly nice and clean and excellent rates! don't waste your time looking at other hotels in Newton Iowa, I would give it more than 5 stars but that's not an option. Jennifer and the manager Naman will make you feel right at home!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank You for all your kind words. We have been working very hard to make this a place where all guests feel at home. All feedback is helpful but is is always good to know we are accomplishing the goals we set.
When we took over in May of 2012 we certainly had our work cut out for us. I am very pleased to say that we now have a fantastic staff in all departments which makes things run much smoother.
The remodle will be complete by summer with laundry facilities on site, refrigerators and microwaves in each room and our new fittness center.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you when you are in Newton again,

Front Desk Manager

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
APPLETON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I did not like the new method for making up the bed. It was difficult to untuck the top sheet and blanket in order to cover up for sleeping. If you want to expose the bottom sheet, do it by folding the blanket and bedspread instead of tucking them under the mattress.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
First I want to thank you for your review, all feed back we get helps us to know what areas we need to place more focus to make this the best palce to stay in Newton.
Days Inn has adopted a new bed making policy which just started. I will forward your review to Upper management and see if we can do some changes. I think that this being all new to the housekeepers they haven't quite perfected it yet. Thank you again for your review.

Front Desk Manager
Newton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

From December 2012 until April 2013, I found myself in the middle of Iowa, in a nice town called Newton, for work. The first thing I did was check into the cheapest hotel I could find - the EconoLodge. The experience was awful. The rooms were cheap, but there was a smell that you just could not get over in the rooms. The breakfast was hot, sure, but the gravy was like a soup made of salt and water. It literally tasted like hot, chunky, ocean water.

After the EconoLodge, I made my way up town to another place (the name slips my mind). It had a nice pool, but the rooms were dirty and the staff was rude and unfriendly. Breakfast was mediocre, and the free wifi was slow and unusable.

At this point, I was seriously considering just renting a house for the few months that I was going to be here. But I decided to try one more place...

I had been hearing nothing but GOOD THINGS about the Days Inn, so I decided to give them a try. Now, the price was initially a little higher than I wanted to pay, but the Manager, Naman, was very friendly and was willing to work with me on a cheaper rate given that I would be there for several months. The rooms were clean, everything was new, and the staff was very friendly. Naman, himself, was there all of the time working to make sure that the guests were happy and that everything was being taken care of.

Seriously - if you ever find yourself in Newton (whether for business or for the races), stay at the Days Inn. It might be a few dollars more than the Lodge next door, but your mouth and nose will thank you. Within a month, there will also be a laundry facility on-site, as well as a fitness room (and I'm holding out for a pool!).

I'd like to say a special thanks to Naman for making this stay a pleasant one, and I'm looking forward to the next three months here.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are relatively new. The non-smoking rooms are actually non-smoking rooms (rather th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We want to thank you for all the kind things you mentioned in your review. We have been working very hard to improve the image of the hotel. We try our best to treat each gust as if they are family. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay here any better please do not hesitate to let us know.
Front Desk manager
Days Inn, Newton Iowa
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Draco storm in the middle of Iowa during the holidays focred us to stay a night at Days Inn. We had a small pet and got a renovated non-smoking room with a very attractive rate and a friendly service. Naman Patel made us feel welcome and even provided popcorn from his own kitchen to make our stay a bit more pleasant.
Service goes a long ways at this place and we will probably visit Naman again.
We travel this road quiet a bit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for the review... We try very hard to not just provide a place to stay but to make it feel as much like home as we can.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Newton.
Front desk manager
Days Inn
La Verne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I arrived the week before Christmas, the snow and cold was horrible for this So. Ca. woman. Naman checked me in and gave me a great weekly rate. I will be here for 3 to 4 months working. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is limited, but good. Coffee is available 24/7. The rooms have been redecorated and new flat screen TV's will be installed next week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Deloris we miss you already. Thank you for all the kind things you had to say about us. I hope you come and see us again. Best of luck and Thank you again.
Front Office Manager
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there last weekend room 229. The rate we got for the weekend was awesome...but that was it. We were put in a room that was so small there was hardly any room to move between the bed and the entertainment center. The tv was old and dated. It said our room was supposed to have a refrigerator and a microwave.. it didn't. The showerhead DISGUSTING!! OLD FAUCETS RUST AND NOT CLEANED WELL AT ALL (HAIR) !! The only reason we stayed there was because we heard all the rooms were redone that room apparently wasn't.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am not sure if you posted the review for the right place. I do not show that the room you mentioned was rented to you on the date mentioned, while we have new tvs in each room and I looked at the bathrooms which appear to be clean..
Please feel free to give me a call at 641-792-2330 I would like to try and figure out what the confusion is.
Front desk Manager
Newton Iowa Days Inn
Plymouth, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

After battling Iowa roads from winter storm Draco, we gave up at Newton. After checking several hotels found this one would allow our dog! Our room was recently renovated and very nice, staff was friendly upon arrival, and manager, Naman, cheerfully helped us with our TV and remote which had to be reset due to power outages earlier day. Definitely recommend for the price, though breakfast options limited to comparable hotels. Will probably stay here on our return trip next week.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for such kind words. Naman, our General manager is a very nice man.
I will look into how we can possibly improve our breakfast if you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to let me know. We look forward to seeing you back here soon. Have safe travels a very Merry Christmas.
Front Desk manager

Been to Days Inn Newton? Share your experiences!