“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Red Oak, Iowa
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here last May and was not impressed at all.. The place was shabby the staff was rude so when my uncle told me where we were staying i was thinking about sleeping in the car.. They have actually done a lot with the place it doesnt even look the same. The staff that.
helped us last week was not the same either.. very polite and helpful..Thy have remodled and it looks nice.
My only complaints was the breakfast was not the greatest.. wish they would do more.Also there is no pool but a far cry from the way it was this summer.

Room Tip: our room was all new very nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
I want to thank you for your feed back, it really does help. We are trying very hard to makle the impression on everyone that we did on you. I will definately look into expanding our breakfast menu if any one has some suggestions I would love to hear them.
Front desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Harlan, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been staying at this motel for close to a year once a month and when I started it was what I could afford. It had very worn and smelly carpets, holey bedspreads. Air conditioners did not work the best, but the desk clerks were very nice and helpful. It now has a new owner and he's doing everything in his power to replace everything with new. The breakfast now also has waffles. The place is really looking good and will soon be done. It will be a very clean and comfortable place to stay. Good price and good people. I will continue to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
We want to first thank you for the review.. We are working very hard to make this one of the best places to stay in the area..
We are not only improving the physical appearance bit the customer service as well. Each and every review that we receive is very helpful because it lets me know the areas that we need to focus on.
We look forward to seeing you next month.. Thank you again..
Front desk manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night. Our room was simply OK - met our expectations for the reasonable price we paid. As other reviewers have noted, the property is undergoing a remodel which is much needed. The breakfast area is very small and there was no place to sit at 7 AM. At that time the coffee carafe was empty and stayed empty for quite awhile. I also noticed that they ran out of milk for the cereal. This breakfast area didn't seem to be well attended. We also noticed that there was no one at the front desk on a busy Sunday morning at a time when people wanted to check out or review their billing- only a sign that stated "call 0" for needs and attention. This didn't leave a very good impression. Although free WIFI was offered it wasn't always available. Even though I rated this Inn as average, at this point I would suggest travelers look at other places to stay in Newton until the renovations are completed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
daysinn06836, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I want to extend my deepest apologies for your negative experience here with us. I spoke to my General manager who was working that morning and he stated that he had been trying to assist another guest in their room and did not realize that the coffee and milk were gone so fast. With this being said there is still no excuse for you not receiving good customer service.
We are under new management and are working very diligently to not only improve the physical appearance of the hotel but also how effeciently we serve our guests.

Again I want to apologize for the negative experience that you had and hope that the next time you are in our area that you will give us the opportunity to show you things have definately have changed for the better.
Days Inn Front Desk Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Worst month ever! The manager there is rude, he double charged us! We were supposed to stay for an extended stay as we were relocating to Newton and after a month of him messing up our credit account and telling his staff that we where gonna hv to leave becuz he over booked the hotel and not saying anything to us, well I moved us to another hotel for the same price and a bigger room and much kinder coustomer service! Appon checking out he asked how the stay was (stupid question) I asked where wd u like me to start? With the no trash cans or where u messed up my credit? They were remodeling the hotel an i understand that BUT at 9pm at night? He then called me a lier and never once said I'm sorry for the bad time u stayed here.
I called the corporate office and never received a phone call back!
Needless to say I don't care if Days Inn is the creaper hotel I will never use them again!!

• Stayed September 2012
I would like to extend to you my apologies for the negative experience that you had here with us. This most certainly is not the impression that we want any of our guests to leave here with.
You stated in your review that you had contacted corporate and had received no response. You also stated that you were over billed for your stay. I would like to make this right and take care of any issues that you might still have.
If you would like you can give me a call personally between the hrs of 2pm and 10pm and I will be more than happy to try and fix this. Days Inn number is as follows (641) 792-2330 I look forward to hearing from you.
Front Desk manager
Days Inn Newton Iowa

Been to Days Inn Newton? Share your experiences!