“sleeping in your car would be best” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Mount Pleasant

Rodeway Inn Mount Pleasant
You added Rodeway Inn Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Mount Pleasant
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 North Grand Avenue, Mount Pleasant, IA 52641 (Formerly AmeriHost Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“sleeping in your car would be best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

A up date on this place is baddy needed! I hope to never stay in a hotel like this one again, nor would I stay in this one again. The beds were the worst I've slept in ever, the van would of been better. The walls were coming apart. The bathroom was not clean @ all. It was so bad that I had to clean it myself before letting my kids take a shower. We had asked for a frig/mic when booking,it wasn't there when we showed up. no biggie, they brought one to us. To bad that it wasn't cleaned and smelled bad! The walls were paper thin, and kept us up tell 12:40am from the people next to us. The hole place smelled really bad of stail cigarette smell. The only GOOD thing was the pool. The kids really in joyed it!.

Room Tip: some where other then here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tom B, Regional Manager at Rodeway Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We'll take these comments and correct each issue in hopes to turn your perception around. I sincerely hope you reconsider and try our hotel again. I'm happy the pool and spa were enjoyable for you and your family. Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

My mom and I stayed there last week. It was clean and it was comfortable. Only thing is you have to be near the office to get wireless internet service. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2010
Denton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Talk about needing an upgrade. This place is old and smelly beyond words- don't let the available non-smoking rooms fool you; the whole place reeks of old ashtray.

The front desk people are very nice, but good customer service at the desk can't make up for unmade beds, dirty carpet (DIRTY dirty carpet), old coffee in the pot and the pervasive smell of cigarettes.
I usually swim, but since the front desk clerks are tasked with keeping the pool clean and the chemicals balanced, I decided to forego that experience. I even went to the store and bought myself shower shoes to wear in the room (again, that carpet!!!) and in the questionable shower with the filthy curtain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pleasant hotels

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2007

Check in was fine, staff were nice. My room was located between two sections so was quite cold and the heat was tempermental so it was either 90 degrees or 60 degrees in my room. But I wasn't there enough for it to be a problem. At about 430 the alarm clock in the room next to me started going off for about 15 minutes (obviously no one in there). I called the front desk and they shut it right off. Breakfast was ok, nothing special--cereal, bagels, donuts and juices.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

Very nice room. It was clean and quiet. We opted for the jacuzzi suite. It was worth the extra money. The breakfast was standard stuff (donuts and toaster waffles. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

We stayed the night while my husband had a job interview in town. Our room was clean, the internet worked well, and the pool was very nice. Breakfast was the usual donuts, muffins and cereal.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

Rooms were clean, People were friendly, Hotel was nice, Breakfast was great, Pool area was pretty. We just booked Amerihost again for our trip next month!

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Rodeway Inn Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!