“New to Town--Hope It is Here to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Mason City
Cuisines: Italian
Mason City, Iowa
“New to Town--Hope It is Here to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I recently had out of state friends come in for a quick overnight visit and since I had been wanting to visit Pasta Bella ever since it opened it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it. We arrived around 5:30 on a Sunday evening to a filled parking lot but were able to be seated promptly. Our waitress was busy but another waitress took our drink orders quickly and we were well on our way to deciding our selections from the massive menu.
The bread was served piping hot with a lovely side of fragrant and flavorful dipping oil---the mix of garlic, herbs and parmesan was delightful and my friends could not stop talking about how good it was.
My entree was massive ---I selected the Pasta Combo with lasagna, manicotti, cannelloni, ziti and torellini baked with marinara sauce and covered in mozzarella. It was serving steaming hot and afforded me plenty of leftovers for the next day.
Service was good---the right mix of attentiveness but not overly so. Our food came out as soon as it was ready by a server other than our waitress which always makes me feel good because it means it does not sit around waiting for the waitress to be freed up to serve it.
By the time we left the place was still very busy but the wait staff seemed to be able to keep up with the pace.
The only suggestion is that the check out was a little backed up and slow and the location of the cashier stand is a little too close to the door to allow the flow of customers in and out----other than that the atmosphere was very gracious and polite and I will definitely be back. My guests loved it and were amazed at the portion sizes and the attention to each customer having a great experience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Exceptional!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Me and my husband went for dinner after seeing his sister. They have tons of choices and the food was delicious. The prices were in the middle but you get your money's worth!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Night out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

All the food is homemade and not out of a jar. The sausage was awesome and would for sure order again. Chicken Alfredo, yummy. Rolls on the table were delicious. Only disappointment was the tiny salad.
Anxious to return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Mills, Iowa, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Pasta Bella was amazing, they have a huge menu consisting of pasta, chicken, steak, baked subs, seafood, and pizza. Their homemade bread with garlic oil dipping sauce was delicious. I ordered the carbonara, and my friend ordered the fettuccine. Two thumbs up for both dishes. The dinner salad is a little small and nothing special. The wait staff was attentive, sometimes I felt like they were rushing us to leave. They were very busy. The owner asked how everything was. I do think they need some decor updates. I will definitely be back soon. So many other things to try.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Iowa
“Best in town for Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Another restaurant in town has my pick for best pizza but for pasta dishes this place can't be beat. Many items on the menu and portions are large. Complimentary bread is amazing and I try not to eat too much of it or else I am so full I can't eat my entree. Service has been very good with waitresses helping each other if they are busy.

Seen the owner/manager(?) stopping by tables and asking how things were. I would give it an extra dot just because of this, makes a good impression.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere