“Lovely restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the Historic Park Inn and were happy to be able to enjoy the restaurant also. It was one of the first warm days this year, so I was wearing a sleeveless blouse and was a bit chilly. At our table, the place settings were opposite each other and seemed very far apart. We changed them so that we could sit side by side. The table still seemed very high, which was just odd. The service was very good. I'm a vegetarian so the menu choices were very limited, but my mushroom risotto was very good, and my husband's chicken marsala was excellent. We had the spinach salad, highly recommended by our server, because it included strawberries which are now back in season. The strawberries were wonderful but, really, when I make a spinach salad, I trim the stems so that the spinach is just the leaf. I was also surprised that I had to request a glass with a beer--it was clear that they expected their guests to order wine, but I think that those of us who prefer a beer should not be expected to drink it straight from the bottle. Good grief.

Visited May 2014

Alice Springs, Australia
“Beautiful room, excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The restaurant at the Historic Park Inn has been lovingly restored and is a beautiful space to experience using for it's intended purpose of enjoying a meal. The food and wine menus were interesting and our meals were excellent. The service was also excellent - friendly and intuitive, every was done before we thought about asking. This restaurant would be outstanding in any City and is worth visiting Mason City to experience
Staying at the Park Inn completes the experience. It's good to be able to have cocktails and wine and not worry about driving. The accommodation is very comfortable and as good as the restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Mason City, Iowa
“Beautiful setting for great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The food--both appetizer and entrée--is exceptionally good and the drinks are well prepared, but the setting is what keeps us coming back. It is just fun to be in such a beautiful room!

• Visited May 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great place to eat at park hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great compliment to park hotel. Ate dinner and had very tasty mushroom risotto. Would recommend for dinner. Also had lava cake for dessert which was very good as well

Orlando, Florida
“Great food in a beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The setting in the Historic Park Inn is lovely, and the food -- grilled shrimp mac & cheese and romaine salad -- were outstanding. In fact, possibly the best salad I've ever had. Crisp romaine, sun-dried tomatoes, shaves of Parmesan & a wonderful savory dressing. But what impressed me was my arrival. I'd made a reservation, and would be dining alone. I was shown to a table set nicely for one. It's a little thing, but not having that initial moment of, "oh ... let me get rid of this extra setting ..." was refreshing. Great first impression. Small, but varied wine list; small, but diverse menu. My mac & cheese was a special, but if you're there and it's on the menu, it's an excellent choice. Lighter than you'd think, and a creamier mixture of cheeses than you expect. Everything was top-notch, including service. Angi was terrific. I don't know when I'll be back to Mason City, but 1910 Grille will stay on my list of restaurants to recommend. Worth a drive if you're within 50 mi or so (or just book a room at the hotel and make a weekend of it!).

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at 1910 Grille, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear 92, Thank you for the review and the kind words. We certainly hope you find your way back to within 50 miles of us and give us the honor of serving you again.