“Lovely, Fresh Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Willmar, Minnesota
“Lovely, Fresh Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I make annual trips to Mason City to visit the Hotel and and enjoy the Prairie School architecture. Earlier during our visit, we had eaten a wonderful meal but it was very rich. We were craving healthy, fresh, wholesome food, and we found it here. We had a 'Ralph's Simple Supper', which included Blackened Salmon (yum), roasted red potatoes, a house salad, and an additional salad (mine was fruit). It was so yummy, with a pleasant atmosphere, that we lingered over every bite and took our time enjoying it. We vowed to come back the next day for lunch, and were delighted by the Champagne Brunch, which was delicious and affordable. We ate the corned beef hash (best I've ever had) with a poached egg, salad, and some wonderful, fresh bread. Again, we were so glad we chose Ralph's! We will be visiting again when next we are in town!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Downers Grove, Illinois
“Locally-Grown Food with Pleasant Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had breakfast. The buckwheat waffle was quite good, and the mini-omelet was fairly good too. We appreciated our waitress for her down-to-earth, friendly style.

Visited September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Fresh cafe fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Cute little cafe across from the Historic Park Inn. Freshly prepared sandwiches and a whole counter display of salads to choose from. Very sweet girls working the counter who are proud of their work. Nice spot for lunch or brunch.

Visited August 2012
“Great fresh food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I am gluten free and the food was Awesome!! Service was great and everyone was very friendly...morning glory muffin and grilled cheese...all GF :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ames, Iowa
“Sunday Brunch has limited menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stopped here for Sunday breakfast (9am) since it was near our hotel. The decor is cute and has a decidedly a farm feel (local food). We were handed a brunch menu, which had about 8 options, most of which were savory or had meat in them. I like a sweet, carbo-loaded breakfast when I eat out, and the only option was a belgian waffle (which I happen to love). My husband got biscuits and gravy, but he was really hoping for something simpler like eggs and toast or a pancake. My husband ordered fresh orange juice, which I saw the waitress make behind the counter. It was great!

Upon looking at the website, I see that they generally have a more expanded menu that would have been good for breakfast (cinnamon rolls, scones, oatmeal), but this was not included in the menu given to us that day.

I like the idea of this place, and I hope they expand or adjust their menu.

• Visited July 2012