“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mason City
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Wonderful, accommodating General Mgr. and staff that went above and beyond as we gathered with family near and far. Comfortable rooms, nice hot breakfast. Would stay again & recommend highly! Thank you from our entire family for making it possible for our family to gather together at a difficult time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. I do appreciate your comments about the staff. We try very hard to accomodate our guests and provide them with a pleasant experience at our hotel. I will pass you comments on to the staff, I know they wlll appreciate them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Altoona, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I stayed here in June 2013 while on a fishing trip. The location was nice and the room was great. The kids loved the pool and the wonderful hot breakfast. I just wish the fishing had been as great as the stay! We will return to this hotel if ever in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank your for your comments for your stay at the Country Inn. We appreciate your taking the time to respond and hope to see you again when you visit our area.
Red Wing, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

After a long day on the road I arrived in Mason City around 9pm. This was the first hotel I saw as I came into. I had heard good things about this chain. After walking through an unshoveled sidewalk I made the walk inside the building. For $115.00 per night I would expect the side walks to salted and shoveled. The room was average. I really enjoyed the hot tub downstairs. After a late night dinner I retuned around midnight to find a small path shoveled on the side walk. I am glad that I am not in a wheelchair because I would have gotten stuck in the snow. The sidewalk to the far right side entrance was not even shoveled at all. My thoughts are that it stopped snowing several hours ago- why isn't this shoveled. Overall after a decent nights rest at nine thirty someone is knocking on the door. As I am drying off after getting out of the shower in my birthday suit. I look through the peep hole in the door and it is house keeping. I said very loudly just a minute. I heard another knock and then yelled just a minute. Then just as I had gotten my jeans zipped up around half wet naked body the door opens only to have the metal deadbolt keeping from opening completely. She said then shut the door realizing the room was still occupied. The check out time is noon why am I being bothered at nine thirty in the morning and I haven't even checked out yet. Ten minutes later I walked down the hall to check out,housekeeping was already vacuuming the hallways. I thought to myself thank god I am still not trying to sleep.
I paid for this room until noon why can't housekeeping wait to do their cleaning. They need to respect guests who have not yet checked out. For $115 per night I expected more from a service standpoint. I will think twice before staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. Housekeeping begins their shift at 9:30 on weekdays and 10:30 on weekends. I don't know when you were here but if it was a weekend, I apologize for the noise in the hallway and the knock on your door. This winter has been extremely difficult with continual snow, wind, ice and windchills below -30 degrees. We have both a commercial snow removal company and we supplement their work with our own employees as needed. We have had to make the decision numerous times this year to keep the parking lot and front door as the main exit for the building because of very high drifts on each end of the building. I also made the decision that when the windchills are extremely high, the employees keep the only front entrance open for their safety.
CLEAR LAKE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Recently stayed at the property and had to have my son shovel and use de ice the front of the property. We had someone on crutches and couldn't access the property. It had been snowing most of the day. Not very accessible! No customer service! Employee walked in behind us.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thanks for your comments. During any snowfall or ice conditions, our snow removal company visits the property as many times as required to keep the snow and ice removed. When they are not on site, our employees check the outside area at least hourly to remove snow and ice. The last few storms have been especially difficult with the amount of snow, ice beforehand and the wind. We do take guest safety very seriously. I apologize for your concern and can understand why it would be difficult to manuver on crutches during a snow storm.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We are part of a family that reserves 5-6 rooms at this hotel, annually, for Thanksgiving (2 nights). Previously, we have enjoyed the stay. Good breakfasts... Clean, adequate rooms... Convenient location, for us... However, we will not be back!

One of the reasons we choose this hotel, is it has a pool and hot tub. This year we were disappointed to find the pool very cold and the hot tub was only warm. To summarize the interactions; we mentioned the pool temperature to the staff through multiple channels and on multiple occasions and we the response varied from; "we are working on it" to, "the thermometer says its warm enough"...

We were not offered any kind of satisfaction, and the woman working at night suggested that I may be making it up (this did not sit well with me). I suggested that she venture to the pool area, touch the water, and view all of the children (8-10 kids - from unknown families) in the hot tub, and the empty pool. I couldn't believe how rude this lady was...

Next year and every subsequent year we will be taking our business elsewhere. There are plenty of Hotels, with plenty of availability, in this area, I suggest trying a different one. One thing that I won't do is patronize a hotel with nasty front desk workers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Yes, our heater failed on Thanksgiving eve day. We immediately ordered a new unit but for the interim, our heating contractor was there Wed andThurs to keep it operating but we were unable to operate the heater safely, so we shut it down. We did advise all guests checking in about the pool temperature.
I do apologize, I noted your response was positive on all other aspects of the hotel and request that you will continue to return to us for your family gathering. If you have any comments please contact me at the hotel 641 423 1770.
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I reserved 2 rooms for our overnight stay. We were really surprised at the size of our rooms! Everything was very clean, and the folks at the service counter were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located pretty centrally, and it's close to the main road while still being far away from any noise. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Our guests do enjoy our large rooms and cleanliness is paramount for us. I appreciate your compliment and will pass them on to my staff. We hope that when you pass our way again, you will stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night in September. Check in was quick. We had a room on the second floor with a king bed. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator. The room appeared to be clean. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, milk, juice and coffee. .
We did use the whirlpool which was clean and warm, not uncomfortably hot. The swimming pool was small.
The hotel is located on the west edge of Mason City and there are a lot of restaurants and stores in the surrounding area. Check out was quick.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank your for your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all comments. Only through guest feedback are we assured that our hotel is appreciated by our guests.

We hope on your next visit to Mason City, you will stay with us.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Mason City? Share your experiences!