“Nice hotel, excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mason City
Waterloo, Iowa
“Nice hotel, excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a nice, clean, up-to-date hotel. The staff is friendly and there are always cookies and coffee at the front desk! I have not had the continental breakfast and therefore cannot comment on it. The price is very reasonable - my king suite was only $111/night (negotiated rate). I will definitely stay here when I visit Mason City again next summer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. We appreciate all comments and I will pass your comments on to the staff. We hope to see you on your next visit to Mason City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

the room was quiet. i heard no traffic although my room was 100 yards from the busy highway. it was a hot day when i arrived and upon entering my room, i noticed it was cool inside. i immediately sat down onto the king-sized bed and found it to be firm. i love a firm bed. i slept very soundly all night long. being hungry when i arrived and too tired to go someplace to eat, i asked the desk clerk for a good restaurant that delivered and he gave me a phone number to papa's. their food was quickly delivered and was hot and delicious. the breakfast the next morning was great too. coffee hot. great eggs. and this is the first time i breakfast on a hard plate instead of a paper plate. that seemed to make my breakfast just that much more enjoyable. i'll stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. We converted to dishes, glassware and silverware about two years ago and not only do we get compliments like yours but we have less waste and trash. We are a very quiet hotel since none of the rooms face the highway and there are sufficient trees around the property to reduce the noise. I appreciate your comments about the hotel and hope to see you again on your next visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I really like Country Inn and Suites as a chain, and I had a nice stay at this one in Mason City. Clean, quiet, spacious king bed room. I slept comfortably and have no complaints. I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past couple years, and I will likely stay here again next time I travel through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again as your travels bring you our way.
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our daughter booked two nights here, two rooms over the 4th of July weekend. Very nice place. Friendly and courteous staff. Free breakfast was awesome. Different items on the breakfast offering each morning. I'd definitley stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMMASONCITY, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I will advise the staff of your comments and we hope to see you and your family on your next trip to our area.
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for a family get together, the manager was extremely helpful with helping me get all of the rooms together. When we arrived everything was clean and very nice. Our stay was very uneventful as far as the rooms go, everything was clean, comfortable, quiet - just perfect. Breakfast was good the next morning. We would for sure book there again when/if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New London, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stopped there just as a snowstorm was coming in.
After 6" of snow one of the employees shoveled the snow from
around my car the next morning when we left. I have never had this happen before.
Like all CIS I have stayed at the rooms are clean and have comfortable beds.
Great breakfast. Will definitely stop there again on our trips
to visit grandchildren.
This hotel is off the interstate about 5 miles so the rooms were also quite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Yes, it was quite a storm and we were more than pleased to help you out of the parking lot. Between the snow removal company and my employees, we were busy most of the day Monday moving snow and digging cars out. Thankfully for those who were travelling, the roads were passable by mid day. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again when you travel through our area.
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Mason City Country Inn & Suites. Room was clean & quiet, but bathroom needed a touch of grace as room shown some wear & tear and any repairs looked rather sloppy. A well stock warm breakfast was offered in the morning and appreciated that they used glass rather than the plastic cups that many places use now days. Had a nice chat with manager in the morning & he provided us with directions to help us in our way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for you kind response. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Your comments about breakfast are well taken and I will pass your comments on to my breakfast staff. We look forward to returning in the future and hope you will choose us when you stop.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Mason City? Share your experiences!