“Immaculate Hotel - Best Holiday Inn I've Stayed In (Platinum)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Mason City
Davenport, Iowa
“Immaculate Hotel - Best Holiday Inn I've Stayed In (Platinum)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Cleanest hotel, with the highest attention to detail that I have seen. I am in a suite for the next two weeks. Ample space, tons of outlets, incredible hotel layout, I COULD NOT be more impressed.

Great fitness center, solid breakfast for a free continental, and (from what I could see) a very nice pool area.

The only small complaint is the internet speed (</= 1 Mbs), but fast enough for streaming Netflix via laptop, so it didn't turn into a major inconvenience.

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, and a ton of Holiday Inns, and I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suite!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Must be a brand new property. The facility was clean and very well taken care of. Rooms were large and did a good job of keeping the noise out. Kids loved the pool that was warm and clean. Ruby Tuesdays is across the parking lot for a cocktail and a good meal. The breakfast offering was good, could have used more seating. Staff was friendly and attentive. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ofallon mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 days at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES a couple of weeks ago.This hotel is 1 of the BEST hotels we have ever stayed at.The staff was always friendly and helpful.The free breakfasts were more then we expected since most hotels only have a continental breakfast.Having a lot of choices to pick from was a real treat.The kitchen staff always made sure we had plenty to eat.YUM YUM Our room looked and smelled brand new, even though i was told that the hotel was over a year old.The people at the front desk was also very friendly, speaking to us as we left or entered the hotel .They would ask if we needed anything or if we had any problems plz let them know. Hope to stay there again KUDOS TO ALL

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express while back in town during the Band Festival weekend in late May. In the past while in Mason City, I have stayed at the Clarion (old Holiday Inn), old Hanford Inn, Country Inn, Comfort Inn, and the Days Inn. After staying at the relatively new Holiday Inn Express, I can easily say I enjoy this hotel most out of all the others and plan to book at this hotel for future trips to the Mason City area. The rooms were very clean, the continental breakfast was delicious, and the staff was readily available and more than friendly. I was very impressed with this addition to Mason City and recommend it for all future travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Brand new hotel. Beautiful. Very clean. Staff is exceptional. I have stayed at the Park Inn, Clarion, Country Inn, and the Quality Inn, but The Holiday Inn Express has them beat by a mile--Park Inn has no parking, breakfast, pool/jacuzzi and the rooms are TINY (disappointing)---others are OK--except for the Days Inn and Super 8 whcih are below average--- if the Holiday Inn is full. Holiday Inn also has by far the best, largest variety of breakfast. This hotel fills up fast, so book early.

Room Tip: Suites are a little bigger, and include a comfortable sofa sleeper. Little more, but well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had the need to stay in the Mason City area over the holidays. We occupied 4 rooms overall and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, lobby, pool, and hallways. The front desk people were very accommodating and helpful in every aspect and the breakfast was hot and had plenty of choices! We will definitely be staying at this hotel again if we are in the area!!!

• Stayed December 2011
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here through the 4th of July weekend and I couldn't have been more satisfied. The rooms were kept immaculate and the employees were very helpful and kind. I travel to mason city all of the time to visit my family and friends and I have to say that I will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City? Share your experiences!