“One of the best in Mason City” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Mason City
Tampa, Florida
“One of the best in Mason City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express while back in town during the Band Festival weekend in late May. In the past while in Mason City, I have stayed at the Clarion (old Holiday Inn), old Hanford Inn, Country Inn, Comfort Inn, and the Days Inn. After staying at the relatively new Holiday Inn Express, I can easily say I enjoy this hotel most out of all the others and plan to book at this hotel for future trips to the Mason City area. The rooms were very clean, the continental breakfast was delicious, and the staff was readily available and more than friendly. I was very impressed with this addition to Mason City and recommend it for all future travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Brand new hotel. Beautiful. Very clean. Staff is exceptional. I have stayed at the Park Inn, Clarion, Country Inn, and the Quality Inn, but The Holiday Inn Express has them beat by a mile--Park Inn has no parking, breakfast, pool/jacuzzi and the rooms are TINY (disappointing)---others are OK--except for the Days Inn and Super 8 whcih are below average--- if the Holiday Inn is full. Holiday Inn also has by far the best, largest variety of breakfast. This hotel fills up fast, so book early.

Room Tip: Suites are a little bigger, and include a comfortable sofa sleeper. Little more, but well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had the need to stay in the Mason City area over the holidays. We occupied 4 rooms overall and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, lobby, pool, and hallways. The front desk people were very accommodating and helpful in every aspect and the breakfast was hot and had plenty of choices! We will definitely be staying at this hotel again if we are in the area!!!

• Stayed December 2011
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here through the 4th of July weekend and I couldn't have been more satisfied. The rooms were kept immaculate and the employees were very helpful and kind. I travel to mason city all of the time to visit my family and friends and I have to say that I will be staying here from now on.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I spent a night at Holiday Inn. It was a great time. The room was clean, the staff were friendly and more than willing to help us out in anyway that they could. It was one of the better hotels we have stayed in. If we are back in the area again we plan on staying there.

Powhatan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights for the Jon Tumilson 5K race...This is a brand new hotel, and was very clean on the exterior...For a Holiday Inn, had a great mattress...but...the entire time I stayed there, the bed was not made, nor was the floor vacuumed. Rubbish stayed next to the rubbish bin the entire stay, and was not emptied..My rates were also incorrect when I got there---was supposed to be on Government/Military rates, but they had it incorrect on the computer. Granted, this is probably a problem with the Holiday Inn corporate site, as I've been seeing this error more and more lately with them. Not sure if I'll pay these rates for this slack housekeeping on my next trip there...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear MrsPrigg,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Mason City, IA.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Trip Advisor

For many years we’ve traveled, first with our children and now, with our grandchildren, throughout the USA. Recently we were in the Clear Lake area for rest and relaxation, staying in the Holiday Inn Express between Mason City & Clear Lake Iowa. Never have we had such a joyful experience; the staff was friendly, helpful and obviously happy to be part of the Holiday Inn Express family. Our room was spotless, quiet, fresh and cool & the best sleep nightly we’ve ever encountered. Kudos to everyone connected to the hotel, where we will again plan a holiday around the Holiday Inn Express availability.
Cecil, Linda & Dalton Miles

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be built facing quiet areas, ours was completely silent for the entire visit. T...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City? Share your experiences!