“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Mason City
Austin, Texas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here through the 4th of July weekend and I couldn't have been more satisfied. The rooms were kept immaculate and the employees were very helpful and kind. I travel to mason city all of the time to visit my family and friends and I have to say that I will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I spent a night at Holiday Inn. It was a great time. The room was clean, the staff were friendly and more than willing to help us out in anyway that they could. It was one of the better hotels we have stayed in. If we are back in the area again we plan on staying there.

Powhatan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights for the Jon Tumilson 5K race...This is a brand new hotel, and was very clean on the exterior...For a Holiday Inn, had a great mattress...but...the entire time I stayed there, the bed was not made, nor was the floor vacuumed. Rubbish stayed next to the rubbish bin the entire stay, and was not emptied..My rates were also incorrect when I got there---was supposed to be on Government/Military rates, but they had it incorrect on the computer. Granted, this is probably a problem with the Holiday Inn corporate site, as I've been seeing this error more and more lately with them. Not sure if I'll pay these rates for this slack housekeeping on my next trip there...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear MrsPrigg,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Mason City, IA.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Trip Advisor

For many years we’ve traveled, first with our children and now, with our grandchildren, throughout the USA. Recently we were in the Clear Lake area for rest and relaxation, staying in the Holiday Inn Express between Mason City & Clear Lake Iowa. Never have we had such a joyful experience; the staff was friendly, helpful and obviously happy to be part of the Holiday Inn Express family. Our room was spotless, quiet, fresh and cool & the best sleep nightly we’ve ever encountered. Kudos to everyone connected to the hotel, where we will again plan a holiday around the Holiday Inn Express availability.
Cecil, Linda & Dalton Miles

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be built facing quiet areas, ours was completely silent for the entire visit. T...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family stayed at your hotel just one night, but we really enjoyed the great room,pool,breakfast,front desk staff and our rooms! Did I leave anything out? So nice to stay in a brand new hotel! Everything exceeded my expectations! The front desk women went out of their way to accomodate any of our needs, Very friendly, welcoming and professional,each and every time we came to front desk for help. We occupied 6 rooms and would highly recommend your hotel to anyone traveling to Iowa. The breakfast had nice selection, hot and cold items
Thank you for your hospitality! They allowed us a late checkout,because of my moms memorial service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Farmington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here in March 2012 because not anymore room at the family house :). He was very clean and the staff was very nice. The breakfast was awesome! Nice refreshing choices from the usual complimentary breakfasts. They had the usual's too, but included a pancake machine and awesome warm cinnamon rolls and sausage. We pretty much just slept here and checked out. The rooms were clean and the bathroom spacious. The beds and pillows were quite comfy. The ceilings are really high, which is unusual, but the decor and bedding was modern. I meant to take pictures as that always helps my decision on hotel stays, but I forgot. This is definitely a nice, clean place to stay in Mason City.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Truman MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

We were in town because of a family car accident and came in at 2AM from the hospital. The clerk offered us a room at a discount because it was so late. He was very considerate. We were told checkout was at 11 but we could check out late if we wanted. Breakfast was very good and free. Room was large w/ flat screen TV. Bed was perfect. The only problem was the shower was not cleaned properly. Lots of businesses nearby, food, shopping, ect. and 2 miles from the hospital. 5 miles from I-35.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City? Share your experiences!